It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:05 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 78

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 pm 

BTW, if you want timed grenades (which would require quite a lot of tampering) the time_to_live should be in the first row where projectile class and name are.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 pm 

Oh, hey! That worked! Much thanks!

I can probably upload the latest version tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to test the weapons thoroughly so that I can tweak them better before I upload it.

DAY ONE: A KILLZONE modification for RUNNING WITH RIFLES

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:00 pm 

Just a note. 0.8 kill chance is extremely high especially if your machine pistols are fast shooting and the range is close quarters. When the MP5 SD in the vanilla game was set to 0.75 or something of that ilk, it was easily overpowered. In case you haven't looked around at the other weapon specs, the standard kill chance is 0.5.

Actually it would be quite interesting to see how a high kill chance but super fast decay rate would work. Looking forward to see the results.

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 pm 

Try the SMG guns in Newa to find out Comjak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 pm 

Looks like a high kill probability (.8) plus super fast decay rate makes a weapon more like an SMG. It'll barely tickle someone on the other end of the screen (on a 16:9 monitor) but it'll cut down pretty much anyone when you surprise them.

Also, the S-FOX machine pistol (which is standard weapon for Helghast Stormtroopers in KZL) has only a 15-round magazine. Just to make you watch where you reload.

BTW, when testing reload anims with the "load one round at a time" feature, the reloading seems to get stuck if I use any anim aside from the shotgun's reload. I just want to increase the time it takes to load each individual shell in the Pnv-3 to further stop it from being spammed.

UPDATE: Download link for V1.0 has been posted.

Changes in V1.0
Spoiler:
Edited commonness of weapons
Big Muzzle effects added to both machine guns and the squad cannon
Smoke trail effect added to the grenade launcher
Bullet trail effect added to the squad cannon
Fuse time of rifle grenade lowered to 1.5s
Increased reload time of both versions of the StA-52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:53 am 

Glad to see your updateing your mods, keep constant with it and it wont die

By the way, I love your sig "A bullet's got a name on it, but a grenade is to whom it may concern.", that shit is classy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:32 pm 

@newabortion:
Indeed, I'll try my best to add as much new content as frequently as necessary but I probably won't upload stuff without seriously testing it. Downloaders deserve the best possible experience when they first try it out. I've actually got three new weapons not included in the release but still undergoing evaluation.

I also might rewrite my sig a bit to make it sound better. xD

EDIT: Added a weapon overview on the first post for those unfamiliar with the Killzone universe. Also includes tactics for each weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:15 am 

Do-It-Yourself Fix for V0.85

Code:
open all_weapons.xml in media/overlays/Killzone Day One/weapons

change apc_hmg.xml to apc_hmg.weapon
add new line and put in riot_shield.weapon

PLAY.

Oh and in case you didn't notice, we're now at 1.0b. Two new weapons, the ISA M224A3 "Surf-n'-Turf" Assault Gun and the Helghast VnS-10b Scylla Chain Gun.

I'mma try and find out if the new inventory system lets me add in some more rocket launchers. I've got the BLR-06 Hadra Multiple Rocket Launcher system ready to go since 1.0 but I haven't been able to put it in the game. See you guys tomorrow for the new update (or not, if epic fail'd).

EDIT: New rocket launcher is a success. Next update will feature the BLR-06 Hadra MRL. It can fire a salvo of three rockets before being disposed of. It cannot be replenished if there are rockets remaining. Only sergeants and above may carry these MLRs and then they are only limited to one salvo. Be warned, it is also much less accurate than the M404 LAW and is designed for short to medium ranges or if you are blanketing an area with explosives.

BTW, what do you think of putting support weapons like the Grenade Launcher and Squad Cannon into the LAW slot? With the new inventory system, imagine the possibilities. These weapons would have a sort of limited ammunition.

Privates can't use these weapons. Corporals can carry the grenade launcher and 6 rounds only. Sergeants can carry an additional reload. Ranks above that can carry more ammunition and so on. Same thing with the Squad Cannon except only senior sergeants would be able to use it.

What I'm worried about is how the AI will react. I have never been the victim of an enemy LAW attack unless I am in a vehicle. Would an AI use the grenade launcher if it sees a group of enemies clustered together? Aside from that, it's my only concern.

Does that sound good?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 am 

UPDATED TO V1.0C

CHECK FIRST POST FOR DOWNLOAD LINK.

What's new in V1.0c?
Quote:
Compatibility for RWR 0.85
2 new weapons! The ISA Crossbow and the Helghast BLR-06 Multiple Rocket Launcher
Helghast faction is now colored reddish-orange for better visibility and badass-ness
Weapon stat tweaks to make them more distinct from each other.

Ideas for next update
Quote:
Put support weapons in LAW slot
Make explosive bolts for Crossbow
Rank limitations on support weapons

0.85's new inventory system is just plain awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 am 

sevensixtytwo wrote:
UPDATED TO V1.0C

CHECK FIRST POST FOR DOWNLOAD LINK.

What's new in V1.0c?
Quote:
Compatibility for RWR 0.85
2 new weapons! The ISA Crossbow and the Helghast BLR-06 Multiple Rocket Launcher
Helghast faction is now colored reddish-orange for better visibility and badass-ness
Weapon stat tweaks to make them more distinct from each other.

Ideas for next update
Quote:
Put support weapons in LAW slot
Make explosive bolts for Crossbow
Rank limitations on support weapons

0.85's new inventory system is just plain awesome.

you know, me and ZnasVecKo have made crossbow with explosive bolt, i think znasvecko may give it to your use. (of course you can make your own);

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next