It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 59

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Mod][1.2] Overlord
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:10 pm 

May be a bit late, but whatevs. Really fun and interesting mod, I like it. Good weapons, and I like the armour. Is there a difference between them (say the gentleman and the commando armour). Because it may just be me, but I swear I get 1 shot no matter what with the commando armour. Oh, and not to be picky, but commandos have green berets, paras have maroon. The model for the commando armour should be a Green Beret with the Commando cap-badge. I am not entirely sure of the commando cap badge, but from looking at my bro's beret the Beret is maroon and has the cap badge with a thing with wings (like you have for the commando armour). Not really a big deal, but Hope you could fix it :D

On another note, I do not like the map at all to be honest. Little cover, very large, no features really, etc. Even with three factions it gets boring, no offence. Just, if you have the time, try and make it better.

The mod is extremely fun to play with on other maps though, like fridge valley.

Anyway, I would love to see what the mod turns out to be later on!

EDIT:
It seems after a replay of it I was wrong. Must've been imagining it. Could still do with more structures, but certainly not as bland as I thought :P. Sorry ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm 

Warlord33 wrote:
May be a bit late, but whatevs. Really fun and interesting mod, I like it. Good weapons, and I like the armour. Is there a difference between them (say the gentleman and the commando armour). Because it may just be me, but I swear I get 1 shot no matter what with the commando armour. Oh, and not to be picky, but commandos have green berets, paras have maroon. The model for the commando armour should be a Green Beret with the Commando cap-badge. I am not entirely sure of the commando cap badge, but from looking at my bro's beret the Beret is maroon and has the cap badge with a thing with wings (like you have for the commando armour). Not really a big deal, but Hope you could fix it :D

On another note, I do not like the map at all to be honest. Little cover, very large, no features really, etc. Even with three factions it gets boring, no offence. Just, if you have the time, try and make it better.

The mod is extremely fun to play with on other maps though, like fridge valley.

Anyway, I would love to see what the mod turns out to be later on!

EDIT:
It seems after a replay of it I was wrong. Must've been imagining it. Could still do with more structures, but certainly not as bland as I thought :P. Sorry ;)

A quick look in the vest files shows that they're really just for looks and offer no protection. And to be honest, maps are hard to make in this game seeing as the devs haven't released any up to date tutorial on how to make maps, so I'm surprised this mod has a custom map at all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:17 pm 

Bredf wrote:

A quick look in the vest files shows that they're really just for looks and offer no protection. And to be honest, maps are hard to make in this game seeing as the devs haven't released any up to date tutorial on how to make maps, so I'm surprised this mod has a custom map at all.

Ok, thanks. Although every so often they put me into the downed state. Maybe it is explosive only protection?
And yes, I guess you are right about that. I don't have any experience with mods or maps or anything, only maps with online editors. Would be cool if it worked in a similar way, but I guess it is 3D...

I appreciate that it must be hard to make and also good on him for creating it with it. I just am not sure if it really works that well. Any help I can do and I will try! (not that I would be very good, but I may be of some use).

Oh, and I don't suppose you know how to make this work on campaign do you? It would be awesome to paly this on campaign.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:35 pm 

Warlord33 wrote:
Bredf wrote:

Ok, thanks. Although every so often they put me into the downed state. Maybe it is explosive only protection?
And yes, I guess you are right about that. I don't have any experience with mods or maps or anything, only maps with online editors. Would be cool if it worked in a similar way, but I guess it is 3D...

I appreciate that it must be hard to make and also good on him for creating it with it. I just am not sure if it really works that well. Any help I can do and I will try! (not that I would be very good, but I may be of some use).

Oh, and I don't suppose you know how to make this work on campaign do you? It would be awesome to paly this on campaign.

There's some weapons that put you in wounded state instead of killing you.
About maps, they're hard but they're not that impossible, don't worry ;) . To be able to make maps you need to be good with inkscape. There's some info on map making in the offical rwr wiki, but you'll have to study one of the maps to see how they work. Power Junction is the best for that since it's the smallest.

And it shouldn't be hard to make this work on campaign, will do that later unless someone does it before me.

EDIT: Ended up being harder then expected, here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hs1mkrzscm2h ... d.rar?dl=0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:00 pm 

So I know this is a bump to an old thread, but I love this mod so much, I have run into a problem with the paratroopers, when you of the AI calls in six falshrimjegers it gives you this error.

13:54:57: : ERROR, getting soldier group with id 29, not found, groups 4
13:54:57: : id=0, name=default
13:54:57: : id=23, name=fallschirmjager
13:54:57: : id=24, name=panzergrenadier
13:54:57: : id=25, name=medic
13:54:57: : execution halted
13:54:57: : uninit comms

and the game crashes, is there any chance we could get a fix for this?
I would love to see more added to this mod. like the tanks being a tiger tank and a sherman. I am a 3d modeler, if I knew what programs and guidelines to use i would gladly make the models if you would like Dev.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:01 pm 

xr79 wrote:
So I know this is a bump to an old thread, but I love this mod so much, I have run into a problem with the paratroopers, when you of the AI calls in six falshrimjegers it gives you this error.

13:54:57: : ERROR, getting soldier group with id 29, not found, groups 4
13:54:57: : id=0, name=default
13:54:57: : id=23, name=fallschirmjager
13:54:57: : id=24, name=panzergrenadier
13:54:57: : id=25, name=medic
13:54:57: : execution halted
13:54:57: : uninit comms

and the game crashes, is there any chance we could get a fix for this?
I would love to see more added to this mod. like the tanks being a tiger tank and a sherman. I am a 3d modeler, if I knew what programs and guidelines to use i would gladly make the models if you would like Dev.

Weird, just tested this and calls are working fine. Are you using this in quick match or campaign? As for vehicles, you can check the .vehicle files in the game's files to get a idea how vehicles work. To make vehicles you need a way to export to .mesh. There's a .blend to .mesh converter somewhere on the internet if you happen to use blender. The meshes and textures are the hardest part imo because not everyone can 3d model. The rest is just messing with xml files. I can probably help you with this if I have enough time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:13 pm 

Not a dead mod - still very much working on it. :)

Most of the bugs you find will be ironed out by time I release the patch (along with a bunch of other goodies) of the Steam Workshop release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:03 am 

Oh sweet, I am a master with blender, making the tanks would be a piece of cake, you just tell me what the limits I have to work with. like how detailed it can be and such. the textures will be piss easy (pardon my french) could i get a link to the .mesh plugin so I make sure to use the right one?

I was in campaign when the AI tried to spawn six paratroopers it crashed with that error.

I'm so glad to hear this mod isn't dead, please let me know if you need any help 3d modeling, I would LOVE to see this mod get better and better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:14 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
Not a dead mod - still very much working on it. :)

Most of the bugs you find will be ironed out by time I release the patch (along with a bunch of other goodies) of the Steam Workshop release.

I hope you didn't mind me updating this mod to support campaign, right? :lol: But I'm pretty sure you already knew how to do that.

xr79 wrote:
Oh sweet, I am a master with blender, making the tanks would be a piece of cake, you just tell me what the limits I have to work with. like how detailed it can be and such. the textures will be piss easy (pardon my french) could i get a link to the .mesh plugin so I make sure to use the right one?

I was in campaign when the AI tried to spawn six paratroopers it crashed with that error.

I'm so glad to hear this mod isn't dead, please let me know if you need any help 3d modeling, I would LOVE to see this mod get better and better.

Not sure if I can post links, but name is blender2ogre. :roll:

Actually, I'd like to offer my help with this mod too if there's anything within my abilities I can do. :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:53 pm 

I can update the campaign compatibility myself, but feel free to send me a version that works with campaign for this version. Pretty busy with college work and the various goodies for the Workshop release.

Also, if you can do models (doesn't matter what program, so long you can export it to a .mesh format), that would be pretty good. If you can, and are willing, I'll PM you with some details.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next