It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:04 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 53 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 150

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 pm 

bwc153 wrote:
I was bored earlier. (This is with vanilla RWR stuff, wasn't running your mod)

Dem soldier models... do you still have those? Those would be more suitable models than vanilla models (at least)

(Im not going to add models at least until I have larger batch of time in my hands until then minimum effort hello!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:35 am 

No, no I do not (sarcasm):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t11lpj2uvmxxhv/Zombies.rar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 pm 

bwc153 wrote:

Thanks.

Btw FYI all, dont expect updates by me at least before weekend. I have work to do (the kind of that generates money to my bank account)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

TheSoldier!

The issue with the pistol in the mod package you gave me was that it used the medikit animations, making standing still hold the pistol on the side and pointed downwards.

There's some vanilla pistol test animations in soldier_animations.xml, so if you use them, it works better, as the pistol is pointed straight outwards. The soldier refuses to shoot unless the weapon is pointed towards the target by the pose.
Code:
    <animation state_key="hold"       animation_key="still, pistol" />
    <animation state_key="hold_on_wall"    animation_key="still, pistol" />
    <animation state_key="still_against_wall"    animation_key="still, pistol" />
    <animation state_key="crouching"       animation_key="still, pistol" />
    <animation state_key="running"       animation_key="running, single hand carry" />
    <animation state_key="walking"       animation_key="walking, single hand carry" />

Using "still, pistol" for "crouching" isn't a good idea but crouched pistol shoot pose hasn't been made, not at least in vanilla IIRC. Also reloading seems to crash it, probably needs a defined animation for it too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 pm 

Ah, thanks for that. :) Yea, I figured that the reload wasn't going to be in, I knew it would crash it when I tried. But the bit about the pistol not pointing at the target is a big help - thanks on that! I'll remember that for later.

Now, I can finally add pistols to mods - I wouldn't have gone through the effort (and head-smashing bugs) if it weren't for this zombie mod. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:30 pm 

Pssst, I heard a rumor on the streets that the seed has been updated with a "nightly" build. That suck a little bit less. Also Soldier, if you make pistol model I'm so going steal them to the seed. (Good work starting work on those btw.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 pm 

Just got an idea, but I need help from pasik (or anyone who knows the answer :) )

Can I add stash or an armory to a vehicle? I think it might be a more usefull property for armored car to double as the armory for the survivors then as a extra spawn point in this mod. And jeep could become the ultimate utility vehicle if it had stash proberties too?

I kind of thought at some point that you said that the armory and stash were vehiles (just like TOW is too)(or I'm remembering something wrong here... would not be first time)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Luck of Duck wrote:
Just got an idea, but I need help from pasik (or anyone who knows the answer :) )

Can I add stash or an armory to a vehicle? I think it might be a more usefull property for armored car to double as the armory for the survivors then as a extra spawn point in this mod. And jeep could become the ultimate utility vehicle if it had stash proberties too?

Not yet, but it's coming in vanilla as an armory truck, hopefully for 0.95. It will be configurable to make it function as stash optionally too.

Quote:
I kind of thought at some point that you said that the armory and stash were vehiles (just like TOW is too)(or I'm remembering something wrong here... would not be first time)

It was planned that those would be made as vehicles so that they'd function as destroyable targets, but it kept getting postponed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:01 am 

And voila. :) Pistols! Or rather, pistol. Adds a Colt M1911 (a modernized version here, black finish with a polymer grip, no wood!) with a flashlight (non-functioning, sadly :() and a "crouch, pistol" animation to complete it. It's pin-point accurate right off the bat, but it gets less and less as you fire it faster and faster. I've also added new gun models for the AR-15 (not more than just taking off the carry handle and adding a rear sight), Hunting Rifle (now it has a wooden stock and slightly different buttstock) and the double-barrel shotgun (which is a new model entirely, although I think the voxels could be a bit darker on the barrels).

https://www.mediafire.com/?6i2zzd14ub4edca

EDIT:
Alright, redownload it if you downloaded it before you saw this - the pistol animation that was in the mod was an older version, where the gun was pointing at the guy's face, not the other way. :P Thus it didn't work. Sorry! I've fixed it and it should be good now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:48 am 

Feel free to include my zombie models in your versions of his mod, The Soldier. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next