It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:49 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 52

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:48 pm 

Dem Zombes! - Life of Andrew hotfix 1

Ok, I'm officially putting this mod to hiatus, but I made a quick hotfix this mod, since it was easy. I will leave this thread open and mod downloadable as legacy thing. My recommendation is that if you want to play a zombie mod try The Soldiers The Time After :
http://www.runningwithrifles.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1906
And honestly if I ever get a feeling of working with a zombie mod, I might just jump into The Time After and alter that to my liking.

But anyway, if you want to try how the first ever zombe mod played like you can download it through this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8lc2e ... w_hot1.zip
Please note that I only tested this on my computer, and only once, and only on Keepsake Bay. For about 5 minutes. "It works" ;)
If it does not work on your computer, please check the RWR game_log and see if it has some obvious problem.

Thanks Visionhunter... ( I dont know if she is running away of the Zombes or of this mod tho..)

Oh no! dem hiatuses!

Thanks to The Soldier for his work with them pistols. Specially the xml model that is featured in the game. And other weapon models too!
Also bwc153 earns a extra can of beans and beer for his zombie-soldier model. Dem models... actually makes the game look like it's got something.
Yeah and.. thanks to pasik too for the nerves

-----And lets leave this here too as... legacy-----
Yes... I thought that this game will not need a Zombie mod, I kind of hate those mods, and here I am: posting the fuken thing my self. The modding challenge was there and here is my result..

Please do note few important things:
-This mod is a shitty excuse for lack of time, but I whipped this up (first version) in about 2 hours, mostly spent on "testing"

What you need to do to install?
-download zip
-create "overlays" folder to games media file
-extract the file in to "overlays" folder
-start game
-only works in quick matches
-remember to add the mod to the map
-try this shait out
-try to express your critisim in contructive manner-

You too can make changes to this mod and you can take this and make your own mod utilising the little bit of work I did to this.

--------------------------------------------
TL:DR
-Its a Zombe mod. Kind of works. Could be fun in your opinion too!
-Latest version is Dem Zombes! -Life of Andrew hot1 **now available at mediafire**
-Also - HOLY SHIT THERE IS OVER 2k DOWNLOADS FOR THIS CRAP. WTF?

Last edited by Luck of Duck on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:58 pm 

Ah, nice. :) I shall look into this! And finally, a mod that adds stabby-weapons. ;)

I'll try to help you when I can - just give me a PM over the forums (or Steam, but it's nearly impossible to find the real *me*).

EDIT:
Alright, after a very short-lived game (and life), I've got some stuff for you. Obviously, this needs some horde mechanic. :D Maybe tell the AI's squads to get as close together as possible (if it's possible to mod that in). Needs more weapons IMO, I can help with the weapon modeling (I am a 3D modeler after all, and I know how to use the editor and add weapons). A new game mode like survival, (no respawns for one faction, infinite or even finite for the other) to complement zombies. :)

Alright, I can't figure out how to limit the numer of survivors, but I think I can limit how many weapons they have. I wonder if it's possible to give a soldier *no* weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:54 am 

If anyone wants to know what it's like- here is a video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6ATraNNWo

I seemed to forget two things in the video, by the way - the hunting rifles and the feminine names for the green team. :D

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 am 

Hmm I get a crash within a few minutes when playing vaaleakoski with 800 bots. Not sure if it's the mod problem or just rwr. but i'll do more testing later.

ComJak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:01 am 

Lol so rendered made a video too... hmmmm

I had to obviously...brainz..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHyOpWGd3A

ComJak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:25 am 

ComJak wrote:
Lol so rendered made a video too... hmmmm

I had to obviously...brainz..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHyOpWGd3A

ComJak

Contrary to your opinion, I want worse weapons. The zombies should be fearsome! The dual barrel shotguns are too useful. :P

Maybe longer reload on the shotgun?

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Luck of Duck wrote:
I think the maps need to be modded so there would be actual hoardes of Zombes and not so much of survivors. How to do that? I have no idea.

I didn't try the mod yet, but if that means you want one faction to have lower amount of capacity than the other, you can do that starting in 0.94 by overriding init_match.xml.

Init_match.xml is normally map specific, so if you have it in an overlay, you're going to use the same settings for every map. That's just fine to start with, but later on you might want to create separate overlays with init_match.xmls targeted for each map (they only show up for the target map in the Setup mods -menu), depending on how the mod develops.

Map6 init_match.xml as an example:
Code:
<commands>
  <!-- start_game command: new game menu picks up defaults from here and allows user to override certain settings -->
  <command
     class="start_game"
     vehicles="1"
     max_soldiers="150"
     player_bot_compensation="4"
     xp_multiplier="1.0"
     rp_multiplier="1.0"
     friendly_fire="0"
     base_capture_system="any">

<faction initial_over_capacity="0" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
    <faction initial_over_capacity="0" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
  </command>
  <command
     class="commander_ai"
     faction="0"
     base_defense="0.0"
     border_defense="0.1">
  </command>
  <command
     class="commander_ai"
     faction="1"
     base_defense="0.75"
     border_defense="0.2">
  </command>
  <command
     class="faction_resources"
     faction_id="0">
    <vehicle key="radar_truck.vehicle" enabled="0"/>
  </command>
</commands>

EDIT: to add, faction field above accepts initial_over_capacity, ai_accuracy, capacity_multiplier, capacity_offset. Capacity as a term refers to respawnable slots, and that makes initial_over_capacity mean an initial boost of non-respawnable bots.

When you load into a map, init_match.xml settings are activated on the "background game". The quick match menu allows some simplified customizing over it like soldier counts and accuracies. It's also possible to disable those options in quick match menu.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm 

Lol rendered, isn't that what I said? I thought the shotgun was too OP while the AR15 was useless and the sniper was ??? meh?

ComJak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm 

pasik wrote:
Luck of Duck wrote:
I think the maps need to be modded so there would be actual hoardes of Zombes and not so much of survivors. How to do that? I have no idea.

I didn't try the mod yet, but if that means you want one faction to have lower amount of capacity than the other, you can do that starting in 0.94 by overriding init_match.xml.

Init_match.xml is normally map specific, so if you have it in an overlay, you're going to use the same settings for every map. That's just fine to start with, but later on you might want to create separate overlays with init_match.xmls targeted for each map (they only show up for the target map in the Setup mods -menu), depending on how the mod develops.

EDIT: to add, faction field above accepts initial_over_capacity, ai_accuracy, capacity_multiplier, capacity_offset. Capacity as a term refers to respawnable slots, and that makes initial_over_capacity mean an initial boost of non-respawnable bots.

When you load into a map, init_match.xml settings are activated on the "background game". The quick match menu allows some simplified customizing over it like soldier counts and accuracies. It's also possible to disable those options in quick match menu.

Thanks that is something I was looking for, I just dont / didnot undertand which of factors to number of enemy bots and how. I want that the player side has alot less of bot, I mean a huge deficit of of bot to player side. What should I mark to the map inits and where? (I mean I need a wireframe here)

Also I see... friendly fire... intresting... I'm definately not going to touch that setting... oh no... (but first i need to to fix the bot offset)

Also one idea I had today, can I make a special vest (viruzvest) and make it only available to grey and brown (via the faction files?) And is there a way to make the spawing enemy bot to carry said vest almost by default? (I mean maybe 80 or 90% would wear the vest)

Aaaand one more question, from where do I set it so that there would be more of certain loots dropped from peoples pants when they die?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:51 pm 

ComJak wrote:
Lol rendered, isn't that what I said? I thought the shotgun was too OP while the AR15 was useless and the sniper was ??? meh?

ComJak

Rendered wrote:
Contrary to your opinion, I want worse weapons. The zombies should be fearsome! The dual barrel shotguns are too useful. :P

Maybe longer reload on the shotgun?

Guys... first of all thanks! I was really surpriced that you both made videos of this mod... I kind of did not think that people would like this at all. Since honestly, this is proof of consept and even then quite... how to say... bad?

Also just so you know for sure: I have no way the effect the AI right now. Or do maps. Or much of anything else. Or make the Zombes much more zombie like than I allready have done. But I think that I could make this a bit more entertaining on my own. But for animations, models, textures, sounds... I cant do them. And maps? LOL no! At least now. AI maybe when /if pasik externalises the AI factors to separate file for modders to use (I might not able to work that tho.. :D see I'm not good at this) Same thing goes with the AI blerps.

But I think this mod will be quite a bit more usefull after I make some changes. I think I will try to balance the current weapons more, sniper rifle might change to an automatic weapon of sorts, because i think that will be more usefull balancing effort thing than the sniper rifle balancing.

But first task will be to fix the "horde not hording, survivors hoarding greatly tho" thing. Then I will shit up the shotgun, I think it might drop a projetile, tighten with the spread and it might get some more "recoil" to it. Also I might add an pseudo-pistol (modded P-90) that will be common in the hands of survivors and absolut piece of &%#!. Better weapons will be more rare ( so your friends wont be so usefull )

BTW. next version will hopefully be significantly harder. How did it become cataclysm if the zombies are not scary?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next