It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 51

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: XCOM mod V.99.2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:04 pm 

God, this is looking so good. I plan on giving this a shot this weekend, I would've played it a long time ago but I needed to fix my PC. Btw, I've been wondering, how are each of the factions weapons balanced compared to each Other? Cause naturally you'd think that since the Aliens have plasma guns that they would be more powerful than exalts and xcoms weapons. Also, do you plan on adding more armor types? Cause so far all I've seen is the standard Xcom armor. Awesome job so far! Keep it up!

Post subject: Re: XCOM mod V.99.2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:05 am 

Lawgamer411 wrote:
God, this is looking so good. I plan on giving this a shot this weekend, I would've played it a long time ago but I needed to fix my PC. Btw, I've been wondering, how are each of the factions weapons balanced compared to each Other? Cause naturally you'd think that since the Aliens have plasma guns that they would be more powerful than exalts and xcoms weapons. Also, do you plan on adding more armor types? Cause so far all I've seen is the standard Xcom armor. Awesome job so far! Keep it up!

Really appreciate and love your feedback! Hope your PC gets fixed ASAP (:
Thats right the Aliens plasma rifles are more powerful than EXALT's and XCOM's, however they lack in their rate of fire and magazine size. XCOM is closer to traditional ballistic weapons in games, and EXALT weapons are more mobile and with higher rates of fire as in semi-automatic sniper rifles, automatic shotguns, and lmgs that can be fired from the crouch.
For armour types I plan on making the Carapace and Titan armours separate (and maybe have the default body armour absorb only one shot), because as it stands right now, the Carapace armour is just a skin replacement for the default as it degrades to Skeleton and the regular XCOM body armour.

Last edited by Acake on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: XCOM mod V.99.3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:27 am 

Mod updated for 99.3

General:
- added more hud icons again, all primary weapons now have the proper icons
- EXALT no longer have more calls than they should
- (optional) music change added + download link

XCOM:
- Titan armour is now wearable, grants resistance to five lethal hits
- Rail weapons now have non-vanilla sounds

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:39 am 

Another update for this mod is up.

EXALT and XCOM assault rifles tweaked: both weapons are now fully automatic. (Switch was done to cut back on sounds not playing correctly)
- EXALT rifles fire faster than their XCOM counterparts but have a smaller magazine, XCOM has a lower rate of fire and standard capacity magazine.
- Fixed bug where vest model would disappear after being hit.

All factions have stealth weapons introduced.
XCOM:
- Suppressed burst rifle

EXALT:
- Suppressed submachine gun with very high rate of fire.

Aliens:
- Needle Rifle added that is essentially a suppressed sniper rifle with three shots.

Post subject: Re: [1.02] XCOM mod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:26 pm 

hello, Is this mod updated for post-release? I've installed it in overlays and it shows up in "setup mods", but i turn it on and it doesn't work

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 pm 

herbzi wrote:
hello, Is this mod updated for post-release? I've installed it in overlays and it shows up in "setup mods", but i turn it on and it doesn't work

The mod should be working fine for post release. It might be a problem with your install, or you may have another mod activated at the same time.

I put an image below of the correct install in case the problem does lie in there.

Attachments:
1111.JPG
1111.JPG [ 41.3 KiB | Viewed 17252 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 pm 

Acake wrote:
herbzi wrote:

The mod should be working fine for post release. It might be a problem with your install, or you may have another mod activated at the same time.

I put an image below of the correct install in case the problem does lie in there.

Sigh thanks.. I guess it's a problem pertaining Mac OSX then.
I assume this is the correct install location for Macs but I'm not sure. Here's a screencap of my path.

EDIT: It works fine on PC side tho, great mod! too bad Alien weapons can't have their green plasma trails (i assume changing bullet trail changes all bullets of all weapons).

A suggestion, maybe for aliens (and even EXALT), different vests can have different alien models?

Attachments:
XCOM mod install.jpg
XCOM mod install.jpg [ 97.41 KiB | Viewed 17239 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 pm 

herbzi wrote:
Acake wrote:
herbzi wrote:
too bad Alien weapons can't have their green plasma trails (i assume changing bullet trail changes all bullets of all weapons).

Actually, I have been doing some extensive aesthetic modding on this mod (modding a mod, if you will,) and I have gotten it so that the Plasma weps all have the proper trails, and the bullet weapons remain unaffected. I have also made it so that EXALT laser weapons fire red bolts, and XCOM rail guns fire blue bolts. I borrowed some sounds from a Star Wars mod for the EXALT lasers, until I can get proper ones.

I say, this mod has been a joy to work with. I've made many aesthetic changes to make it resemble XCOM: EU more closely. For example:

-XCOM models now have their EU tan-armor-and-black-undershirt color scheme, and the helmets have been replaced with various hairstyles. In addition, XCOM Carapace armor now has a blue/purple undershirt.

-EXALT's masks have been given EW's Yellow and Red color scheme. Also added some minor detailing to the Vet Armor. (Blue lights)

-This is a personal change, but Floaters have been replaced with Outsiders. This is because I didn't like how you needed to have the two voxels in order to make the skeleton work, and I thought that it ruined the illusion. No offense to the creator, you've done a outstanding job, but I think Outsiders look better overall. Also added an elite variant (which I will elaborate on.)

-Mutons have been given the EU green armor as opposed to the grey they had originally. Also added the large "neck-guard" and face mask to the model.

-All factions now have factions now have faction-specific dialogue. XCOM is stereotypical military hoo-ah, mixed with lines from EU. EXALT is vulgar and informal, and Aliens belittle the humans at every opportunity (though I'll eventually see if they can speak in Wingdings.) Radio dialogue has also been changed, as well as call dialogues.\

-Chat icon pictures have been changed to be more appropriate. XCOM commander icon is "Central" Bradford, EXALT's is the EXALT logo, and the Aliens is a portrait of the Uber Ethereal.

I've also done some armory editing and balancing:

-Various weapons of all factions couldn't be bought in the armory. This especially hurt the aliens, who only had three buy-able primaries. This has since been resolved, and stronger weapons (EXALT Heavy Repeater, for example) have been given appropriate level restrictions and RP prices.

-Aliens lacked an LMG, so I made the Alien Suppression Rifle. Fires very quickly in comparison to other alien weapons, but becomes inaccurate at longer distances. 125 round clip, model based off of the Heavy Plasma from EU. Muton Elites can spawn with them.

-After playtesting, the aliens (ironically) seemed very weak in comparison to the other two factions. My balance attempt is making minibosses appear more often. The logic is that the aliens are meant to have more resources than the other two factions, and thus field elite units more often.

-Added Outsider Elite, another miniboss unit. Normal Outsiders have orange crystal+lights, Elites have blue. Outsider Elites can spawn with the Plasma Sniper or the Plasma Stormgun (WIP), Muton Elites spawn with the Suppression Rifle or the Alloy Cannon.

-Adjusted Alien reinforcement calls. You can choose between 8 Thinmen or 12 Outsiders.

Sorry for the stupidly long post. I just wanted to say that your mod has been great to not only play, but work on as well. Having a lot of fun all around with it, as a big XCOM fan. I can't wait to see how you update this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:46 am 

Ramsoos wrote:

Actually, I have been doing some extensive aesthetic modding on this mod (modding a mod, if you will,) and I have gotten it so that the Plasma weps all have the proper trails, and the bullet weapons remain unaffected. I have also made it so that EXALT laser weapons fire red bolts, and XCOM rail guns fire blue bolts. I borrowed some sounds from a Star Wars mod for the EXALT lasers, until I can get proper ones.

I say, this mod has been a joy to work with. I've made many aesthetic changes to make it resemble XCOM: EU more closely. For example:

-XCOM models now have their EU tan-armor-and-black-undershirt color scheme, and the helmets have been replaced with various hairstyles. In addition, XCOM Carapace armor now has a blue/purple undershirt.

-EXALT's masks have been given EW's Yellow and Red color scheme. Also added some minor detailing to the Vet Armor. (Blue lights)

-This is a personal change, but Floaters have been replaced with Outsiders. This is because I didn't like how you needed to have the two voxels in order to make the skeleton work, and I thought that it ruined the illusion. No offense to the creator, you've done a outstanding job, but I think Outsiders look better overall. Also added an elite variant (which I will elaborate on.)

-Mutons have been given the EU green armor as opposed to the grey they had originally. Also added the large "neck-guard" and face mask to the model.

-All factions now have factions now have faction-specific dialogue. XCOM is stereotypical military hoo-ah, mixed with lines from EU. EXALT is vulgar and informal, and Aliens belittle the humans at every opportunity (though I'll eventually see if they can speak in Wingdings.) Radio dialogue has also been changed, as well as call dialogues.\

-Chat icon pictures have been changed to be more appropriate. XCOM commander icon is "Central" Bradford, EXALT's is the EXALT logo, and the Aliens is a portrait of the Uber Ethereal.

I've also done some armory editing and balancing:

-Various weapons of all factions couldn't be bought in the armory. This especially hurt the aliens, who only had three buy-able primaries. This has since been resolved, and stronger weapons (EXALT Heavy Repeater, for example) have been given appropriate level restrictions and RP prices.

-Aliens lacked an LMG, so I made the Alien Suppression Rifle. Fires very quickly in comparison to other alien weapons, but becomes inaccurate at longer distances. 125 round clip, model based off of the Heavy Plasma from EU. Muton Elites can spawn with them.

-After playtesting, the aliens (ironically) seemed very weak in comparison to the other two factions. My balance attempt is making minibosses appear more often. The logic is that the aliens are meant to have more resources than the other two factions, and thus field elite units more often.

-Added Outsider Elite, another miniboss unit. Normal Outsiders have orange crystal+lights, Elites have blue. Outsider Elites can spawn with the Plasma Sniper or the Plasma Stormgun (WIP), Muton Elites spawn with the Suppression Rifle or the Alloy Cannon.

-Adjusted Alien reinforcement calls. You can choose between 8 Thinmen or 12 Outsiders.

Sorry for the stupidly long post. I just wanted to say that your mod has been great to not only play, but work on as well. Having a lot of fun all around with it, as a big XCOM fan. I can't wait to see how you update this.

Holy shit dude lol that is hella cool what youve done with my mod as a base. I'm glad that you've been able to expand on my work and done some of the things that I had been planning to do, but just havent had the know how or time to. (Mostly due to random bouts of a lack of interest)

Some random points on your points:

Exalt laser sound: I'm with you on finding a proper laser sound for the repeater nature of the guns. The lasers in EU were very beam like if that makes any sense, as opposed to a bolt type like the ones in Star Wars.

Plasma/Rail/Laser effects: Damn wish I had done that sooner, but really cool that you managed to mess with the trail files. I didnt really have an idea as to where to start with changing them so good on you!

Floater to Outsider change: I definitely agree with you that the extra voxels for the floater skeleton ruin the illusion, but I felt that Outsiders were more of a rarer unit, considering they acted in a similar capacity to ship captains in the XCOM game.

Faction specific dialogue: Was working on that for the next update on the mod but I always imagined Exalt as being a bit more formal considering their form over function mentality and their business casual attire.

Chat Icons: I've been dying to complete the Hud change but could never get my crops just right in photoshop and eventually just scrapped the idea for a later date.

Alien's weakness: I guess I never really realised that the Aliens were not as balanced with the other factions. Glad that you brought it up and I'll be sure to include the way you balanced them with the other factions, and maybe some other way(s) of doing so in the updates.

Final thoughts: Dont worry one bit about your post being stupidly long. It really was a genuine joy reading your post and getting some feedback on what I've done so far. I assure you that I've taken some of your points into account and will credit you appropriately once inputted. I would also really appreciate being able to see the mod of a mod you've done so far if that is fine with you. Again, this is really fucking cool that you modded my mod like holy shit I dont even know why.

Ramsoos wrote:
Hiya, me again.

Is it possible to tie models to certain vest models? So that, for example, when I have a unique looking soldier, when he puts on a vest, he doesn't turn into someone else? This is hard to word, but I think you get it.

I'm looking to have two different player models for a faction, but both look very unique, and I don't want someone who is playing as one model turning into the other with a vest on. Any way to do this?

From what I've seen with the vest3 in the vanilla game, something to that effect should certainly be possible. That would of course mean creating a new vest and adding it into the armouries of the faction(s)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:49 am 

herbzi wrote:
Acake wrote:
herbzi wrote:

Sigh thanks.. I guess it's a problem pertaining Mac OSX then.
I assume this is the correct install location for Macs but I'm not sure. Here's a screencap of my path.

EDIT: It works fine on PC side tho, great mod! too bad Alien weapons can't have their green plasma trails (i assume changing bullet trail changes all bullets of all weapons).

A suggestion, maybe for aliens (and even EXALT), different vests can have different alien models?

Will be sure to look into the mac issue for you. Thanks for telling me about this.

I'll definitely take your suggestion at having the player choose their character model, at the current moment, I simply dont have as much time as I would like to work on this mod however, but rest assured I will look into what I can do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next