It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:50 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 58

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [1.02] XCOM mod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:59 am 

Ramsoos mod updated

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:36 am 

Mod updated

Overall:
- Armoury revamps, minor icon changes/additions
- Boss units added to each faction plus one extra miniboss added for the aliens
- Overpowered weapons added that are only available to the bosses as well as vests that can absorb 10 lethal hits
- Terror mission background noise added during the night
- Updated most EXALT dialogue and some for the other 2 factions
- Aliens no longer deploy shields.
- Updated hud elements
- Minor sound changes

Special thanks to Ramsoos for inspiring me to make the terror background noise.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:36 pm 

Quote:
- Overpowered weapons added that are only available to the bosses as well as vests that can absorb 10 lethal hits

10 Hits?!

"I'M LOSING CONTROL OF THE SITUATION!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10 pm 

I made a juggernaut once that could take 7 hits before going wounded, and that was an OP pain in the ass to kill, I don't want to know what 10 hits would bring.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:01 pm 

Mod updated.
Update took longer than expected due to real life.

-Fixed minor bugs such as missing rocket launchers and vests not taking as many hits as previously mentioned, should work fine now.
-XCOM and EXALT stealth operatives added. Armed with respective suppressed weapons and can only be spawned through calls.
-Operatives vest added to XCOM and EXALT armouries. Provides a model change and small speed boost, however it is not as durable as the carapace armour.

Post subject: Re: [Mod] XCOM [1.02]
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:28 pm 

-Status Update-

Sorry for having gone dark for a while. My personal life (and blatant lack of motivation) have kept me from releasing an updated version of my modded mod. Rest assured, one will be released soon, I'm just working out some bugs ATM.

Post subject: Re: [Mod] XCOM [1.02]
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 pm 

Mod update to Ramsoos' Running with Xcom

Changelog:
-Ported some content from Acake's mod to my own (refer to his changelog for details.)
-EXALT, XCOM, and Alien dialogue revamp is 90% complete. Only XCOM rehashes old vanilla lines.
-Boss weapons made available to players with 10000+ XP. Boss Vests were not, however.
-XCOM and EXALT pistols have been given proper icons, sounds, and models. Thanks to Acake for Icon+Sound.
-Combat Music 5 now plays when in a firefight.
-Minor tweaks to boss units.
-EXALT boss has been given a different model.
-Balance changes to EXALT boss gun.
-EXALT and XCOM covert ops units appear alongside normal soldiers instead of being called in.
-Minor name changes to some weapons and armor.
-Model changes to XCOM and EXALT covert ops gear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:07 pm 

--PSA--

You may have noticed the [Final] tag on the thread's title. Acake considers this the final version of his mod for some time, so updates are on hold on his end.

I will be releasing one or two more updates in time. The first update is rather minor and is mainly a bugfix update (though it does include the new Arc Thrower for XCOM, as well as some model touch-ups here and there.) The second update will the last major update for my alternative mod, and may include an entirely new unplayable faction. Might sound a bit lame, but here me out: think Halo Wars rebel faction, and how they fit into a skirmish game.

That's all for now. I can't say when my updates will come out, but the bugfix/arc thrower update should come soon.

Thanks,
Ramsoos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:05 pm 

New Update for Running with XCOM. This was actually going to be two separate updates, but heeeeeey whatevs.

-Changelog-

Features & Touch-ups:
-XCOM given the "Arc Thrower" secondary. Stuns targets, with moderate chance to kill.
-EXALT given the "EXALT Pacifier," a modded MGL Flasher. Goes in secondary slot, and has different stats & model.
-Color changes to all factions: XCOM is blue, EXALT is red, Aliens are purple.
-Psi Amplifier (Ethereal Gun) has been given a proper, purple trail.
-EXALT models have been given minor touch-ups. (Medic model now has the scary wrist-mounted syringe holder thing.)
-Veteran Armored EXALT Model has been changed significantly; will want feedback as it could possibly affect gameplay.
(Might be hard-ish to distinguish from normal EXALT soldiers.)
-Alien Blaster Launcher and Fusion Bomber have been given new, proper trails. (Thanks Testpilot14!)
-Got rid of those godawful soldier chat icons. Chat icons are now the same as the command one for each faction.
-The XCOM track "Otherworldly Dissonance" now plays during the day when not in a firefight. (Thanks Acake.)
-The "EXALT Magnum" is now the "EXALT Autopistol." Fires in 3 round bursts with little retrigger time, 12 round clip.
-With the announcement of XCOM 2, I have made 2 new units for the Aliens: The ADVENT Soldier and the ADVENT Captain.
-Added the ADVENT Mag Rifle. Used exclusively by the new ADVENT units, and can't be bought, only looted. Comparable
stat-wise to the "EXALT Assault Rifle," but a bit better. ADVENT units will only use this gun. (Thanks to ACake for
Icon.)

Balancing:
-EXALT Endbringer (boss gun) has been nerfed a bit more; can only be fired from crouch.
-Psi Amplifier has been buffed heavily with a much, much higher rate of fire.
-Psi Amplifier no longer drops from Ethereals.
-Muton Elites now have access to the Fusion Bomber.
-XP requirement for boss weapons has been halved, but price has spiked as a result.
-Berzerker Vest's speed buff has been nerfed, so that 'Zerkers have to rely more on tanking that speed.

Bugfixes:
-Fixed a nasty "t subscript" crash. Mod should be stable again.
-Boss units across all factions should now be armed again (thanks Acake.)
-Fixed the Alien Plasma Sniper being used by other factions.
-Alien Dialogue bug has been fixed. For reals this time.

Known Issues:
-Aliens STILL use riot shields. Unsure of how to fix at the moment.
-Players can respawn with the Rail Carbine
-Very, very rare "Soldier Group with ID 34 Not found" crash. Related to XCOM faction. (seems to only happen on Power
Junction.)
-ADVENT Soldiers may very rarely spawn unarmed.

Scrapped Content:
-Scavengers faction has been scrapped.
-"Volunteer" XCOM boss unit has been scrapped (for now, might make him later in a small update.)

Other Notes:
-Update has been in progress for some time, so there may be various updates & bugfixes to the mod that aren't listed
here, simply because I can't remember them. Feedback is always appreciated!
-This will be the last MAJOR update for my alternative mod. I will release small updates in the future.

Acake will post when the DL link on the front page has been updated.

Last edited by Ramsoos on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:09 pm 

Ramsoos mod link has been updated.

Updates for XCOM [Final] will return as more announcements about XCOM 2 are made and incorporated accordingly to my mod and most likely for Running with XCOM as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next