It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:26 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 75

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rares in armory
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 am 

Sorry for not checking this post that often.

about the XM25, it was turned off in the core game files so i dident want to add it in before assuming there was a reason for it being taken out.

However i did find out that there was a better vest, like a rare one so i made the effort and added it in, had to add few lines here and there to stop it spawning on basic infantry but so it still spawned on bosses.

so i have an updated version for you.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyxs5p2kvfqwl ... 2.zip?dl=0

[uImage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm 

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place and I will delete this post if I have, but it's the only thread I can find talking about the XM25.

I've had the game for a while but haven't had a proper broadband connection for 2 years so I spend most of my time playing the campaign and only got my hands on v0.99 a few days ago.

I love the XM25 but have found that when you're playing against lots of AI and have set up a kill zone the grenades it fires seem to get lost under or among all the dropped weapons and items. I'm not so much trying to mod the weapon but was wondering if it's possible to change the priority with which items on the floor are displayed, so that grenades can always be clicked on? Failing that, is it possible to make the LMB icon bigger so it's easier to click on while dodging bullets and mortar strikes? :D

Sorry if this is a really stupid question and/or in the wrong place but any help would be greatly appreciated as I've had to go back to my beloved MP5SD and stash the XM25s' I find.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:17 pm 

pasik wrote:
Here's one way to adapt it to work with campaign while keeping the weapon rank restrictions from the vanilla campaign: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... r_sale.zip

That's a full overlay package and it includes the files from Xaoc Groza's overlay, usable in both quick match and campaign.

Seems the scripts used by the campaign don't like whitespace in internal folder names, hence the rename to rares_for_sale.

Installation instructions are basically same as in the original post, just rares_for_sale for folder name.

What I added was
* rares_for_sale\overlay_config.xml, defining which file to use to start the campaign
* rares_for_sale\scripts\start_invasion.php, script to specialize some vanilla campaign components in order to 1) remove vanilla campaign faction specific resource changes over quick matches and 2) clear rare weapon declarations (in_stock=0) from vanilla campaign weapons

Use "Setup custom campaign" button in "Start new campaign", enable the mod and start the campaign.

Feel free to integrate these back to the original package if need be.

So I want to play the campaign using this mod for a bit more variety, but it doesn't work. When I try to start a campaign there are no AI soldiers, I have no equipment and the armory is completely empty. The mod does however still work in quick matches. I assume there is a compatibility issue with the version of the game the mod was made for and the version I am playing with, I could be totally wrong please correct me if I am. I'm fairly certain I installed it correctly. Any help getting this to work in campaign would be very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Pretty good chance that piece of script I added doesn't work anymore, the campaign/invasion resource handling was changed recently so that it would be easier to mod campaigns.

There are invasion_all_weapons.xml and similar for other resources that I'd advice to use now for this sort of mod, declaring the weapons in_stock there + adding the weapon keys in the factions specific resources at factions\common.resources, if you want to enable them for all factions.

Then getting it to show in the custom campaign list, having overlay_config.xml with
Code:
<overlay campaign_entry_script="start_invasion.php">
</overlay>

is enough.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:09 pm 

Awesome, thank you. Ill start some experimenting.