It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:14 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 83

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:55 am 

Hello everyone, today I'm releasing my first mod ever, "Assault Rifles". This mod adds three new rifles into the game!
Greenbelts get a fancy new Mk18 with statistics similar to the M16a2 but with a few tweaks
Graycollars recieve an old school H&K G3! A semi-automatic with wicked accuracy and power
and finally if you're a Brownpant you can get your hands on a wonderful 3-round burst Ak12!

Pictures (not much really)

Download Here

Installation:
1.Download file
2.Open zip
3.Drop "Assault Rifles" folder into Overlay folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RunningWithRifles\media\overlays
4.Enable the mod in the "setup mods" option before you start a quick match (remember you would have to do it for each map you want the mod on)
5.You're done! Enjoy the mod

I also want to give a HUGE thank you to Avoh for helping me get everything in the actual game, this mod really wouldn't have been possible without his help
*This is my very first mod so there is obviously a lot to work on I'm sure, feedback is much appreciated and I will try my best to balance this out!

Last edited by Crash39 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:46 pm 

Hey, welcome to the modding community. Tested you stuff quickly, cant say anything for sounds since RWR sounds wont work for me at all, but I think you might have a problem with G3 sound file, or at least xnoise wont play that track (could be linux issue too). That could crash the game for some folks. Or might not just play the sound.

Othervise fairly nice for first mod, specially liked your hud icons - I cant make even those myself. Cant draw or make pics look nice at all. Or place those correctly. Models seemed nice too, and those were not being held backwards or sideways or anything.

Of course, I gotta say that all of the modded rifles are quite bit OP, but hey.. why not?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:23 pm 

Thank you for the feedback, the sound on the G3 is a new file, but it is a .wav like everything else in the game and works for me, I'm interested to see if it's a problem for anyone else too. I'm not really sure what to do about the sound but I'll definitely look into it, you said RWR sounds in general don't work for you and mentioned linux?

And about them being OP yeah I'm aware, I'm working on balancing them out xD
The problem is I'm trying to discern them from the vanilla guns without making them OP laser beams and it's getting hard to differentiate

And thank you for the comment on the hud icons, besides the modeling and playing with stats that was definitely my favorite part. I really hope I can create vector drawings
for future mods but I'm terrible at it haha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:17 am 

nice mod, and nice hud images... really wish I could do that part of the modding... hey could you make a hud image for an m202 flash, If I had that I would have all the parts I need to fish a weapon I am working on. (and bugging the developers with)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am 

Luck of Duck wrote:
Hey, welcome to the modding community. Tested you stuff quickly, cant say anything for sounds since RWR sounds wont work for me at all, but I think you might have a problem with G3 sound file, or at least

noise wont play that track (could be linux issue too). That could crash the game for some folks. Or might not just play the sound.

Otherwise fairly nice for first mod, specially liked your hud icons - I cant make even those myself. Cant draw or make pics look nice at all. Or place those correctly. Models seemed nice too, and those were not being held backwards or sideways or anything.

Of course, I gotta say that all of the modded rifles are quite bit OP, but hey.. why not?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:08 am 

Very nice mod here Crash, been using your rifles like crazy and digging them. Any way you could make a version for custom campaign so I may wreak havoc with these weapons there? Awesome job again, Cheers!