It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 83

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:20 pm 

FrankBooth wrote:
That wouldn't work very well though, because each tier of armour has both male and female variants. There'd have to be two of each carry_item, at which point the default soldier would constantly be changing gender models. Also, I couldn't use female names since I'd just have one default soldier, instead of two like the mod does now.

What I meant was to try to utilize the unused carry_item slot below vests (No idea if it's possible though). Beside the cash items you could put two free respawnable-with items which can be equipped, which allow you to select the model of the armor. Then in the factions xml file (this is the part that I'm not sure works) try to get the game to check if the player has one of the armors and one of the two carry items equipped and then change the model (No idea if I'm being clear).

FrankBooth wrote:
I was thinking of replacing the basic cars with futuristic stuff. That would work well I think. I'm not a texture artist though, so I doubt I can retexture the buildings without it looking horrible.

Alright then. Maybe I'll try my hand at replacing textures.

Also, when is the new version coming? The one with the vehicles.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:22 pm 

Bredf wrote:
What I meant was to try to utilize the unused carry_item slot below vests (No idea if it's possible though). Beside the cash items you could put two free respawnable-with items which can be equipped, which allow you to select the model of the armor. Then in the factions xml file (this is the part that I'm not sure works) try to get the game to check if the player has one of the armors and one of the two carry items equipped and then change the model (No idea if I'm being clear).

That may work, but there couldn't be any female names since that is tied to the 'default' soldier class.

Bredf wrote:
Alright then. Maybe I'll try my hand at replacing textures.

Also, when is the new version coming? The one with the vehicles.

No no, you don't have to do it for me or anything, you've already done so much! :lol: Plus, I don't think changing textures would look great anyway, as the meshes still make the buildings look old. Changing building meshes (even if that is possible) would be a pretty thoroughly *not good* idea anyway.

And I haven't even started the new version yet. Aside from replacing decorative cars, polishing is the only other thing I can think of right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6