It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:22 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 58 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 163

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 am 

REBOOT!

Check out the Steam Workshop for a more updated version of this mod! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =677995637

I have sent a message and will take the reins of this mod and continue development tell this mod is finished in all its glory! This mod is still in a very early state and is a little better balanced but not completely! Zombies still utterly destroy but is still being worked on!

This mod has currently been only tested on MOOR TRENCHES it is suggested you still only play this mod there for now

YOU CAN HELP IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS MOD! SEE BOTTOM OF DESCRIPTION FOR DETAILS!

To begin, this mod has massive potential, but one of the main problems I had with it, was that it was hideously imbalanced. Yet contained so much potential I could simply couldn't shy away from trying to make my own changes and additions to the mod.

THIS DESCRIPTION WILL ONLY CONTAIN THE CHANGES TO THE BASE MOD
This is a mod made from the following link, and description of the base game can be found at:
http://www.runningwithrifles.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2305

Now that the formalities are out of the way, im going to leave a list of changes, along with things I want to do.

FACTION CONCEPTS BEING ADDED TO THE MOD (concepts will be constantly expanding and being added to)

Quote:
I want each faction to have a more pronounced draw to them that makes them different than the rest. Making each faction, and their gear totally unique will allow for a unique play-style each time you load this mod.

-The Survivors to start out was very under powered and plan to fix that, and make them more desirable to play as by giving them very unique weapons to use, compared to the other factions. This plays to the survivors crafting and scavenger nature, using anything they can to make creative new weapons to help aid them on their quest to survive. If you have played survival games, you also know that they also want to conserve their ammo. So most guns they have now will shoot slower, but more accurate, and deadly. This is to the exception of the Nail Rifle which is primarily because it shoots a common resource: Nails. (see bottom for more information) The survivors also have stealth as their option, another commonly seen trait amongst survival games. Which allows them to sometimes get the jump on their enemies for a decisive first stike

-The military is going to be left alone because of their by the book nature, and very strict standards for weaponry. However if by suggestion, other different and new military guns can be added to the mod to replace some repetitive ones. I want this particular faction to remain having the very best gear, and to have lower numbers to make up for that. Which also falls in with their strictness and exclusivity.

-The bandits have adopted a kill all the things attitude and sport guns that shoot faster have a higher clip capacity, with less accuracy, and less killing power.
I have not yet done anything with this faction but plan to follow these points when redesigning their weaponry. Since they are also a varying kind of survivor, it is possible I can experiment with making unique post-apocalyptic style weapons for them, just like the Survivors unique weapons (seen below)

-The infected will remain the most numerous of the factions, overwhelming with their enormous numbers, but plan to balance it by limiting their movement to most or all of the zombie variants.

Replaced some of the Faction's Weapons!
Here is a list of all new weapons!
Spoiler:
-Crossbow is now the Cross-Bolt Rifle.
An achievement of survivalist ingenuity, a semi-automatic crossbow that can hold 8 bolts, but all have to be reloaded individually
-Double Barreled Shotgun is now Nail Rifle.
I didn't understand why you would want to use a double-barrel, when the Survivors have a superior 5 clip shotgun already. The Nail Rifle, currently sports a 100 size clip and is banned in most states by the Labor Union for safety concerns! Its not as powerful or accurate as most other SMG's are but is still a more favorable gun compared to the Double-Barrel. This gun shoots as fast as you can click, but each nail (ammo) must be reloaded manually. Good crowd control weapon to use against zombies
R700 (bolt action sniper rifle) replaced with the Shot-Rifle
The Shot-Rifle is a another example of Survivors ingenuity mindset. Made from parts of shotguns and hunting rifles, this gun pairs the pellet spread of a shotgun with the range of a sniper rifle, making a very potent killing machine.

Slug-Cannon replaces AR-15
An assult rifle with a kick! Fires slugs at an accelerated rate with pinpoint accuracy and extreme power! One of the most powerful weapons at disposal to the Survivors shoots slower than any other assult rifle to make up for its sheer power

Flamethrower replaced Ar-15 LMG
The bandits have found the ultimate zombie killing device! Though unwieldy and unable to move when shooting, the flamethrower can spew flames at an impressive range and devastate groups of enemies in a haze of fire and smoke. However! This weapon is not nearly as effective against armed enemies.

OTHER IMPORTANT CHANGES
-Balancing the factions spawn rates (still being worked on)
-Adding extra kill chance to all sniper rifles of all factions to make them more desirable for taking out stronger targets (primarily the mega zombies)
-Survivors now have the only body armor in the game that has stealth, though will also decrease their speed to show their caution
-raiders now have body armor that greatly increases their speed, to show their recklessness
-FLAMETHROWER ADDED TO BANDITS! Courtesy of The Soldier! Be sure to check out his mod! http://www.runningwithrifles.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1422
-Zombies no longer run! But now have increased spawn rates!
-Bandits now have dynamite spears! A long range throwing explosive
-Moved flamethrower to secondary
-Balance and foundations to turrets and turrets overhaul!
-Vehicle cap moved up to 3! AI CAN NOW USE VEHICLES AND TURRETS (only what belongs to their faction though
-Each faction now has a unique version of c4 for taking out numerous or powerful obsticles
-Moved some faction primaries to secondary slot, like smg's. Added swn off hunting rifle
-Bandits now have a slug rifle!
-Adjusted drop rates of weapons, and disabled drop rates for armor
-Added custom loading screen tips when loading a game with this mod
-weapon balance
-Soldiers now have their own specialized ai
MORE TO COME!

Not yet implemented plans
- Add unique weapons for raiders
- Berserker Infected boss? High health zombie who's speed increases the more damage it takes

TO ALL VIEWERS! YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO BE A MODDER TO HELP! BUT MODDERS ARE NEEDED

Because a lot of the work I am doing revolves more around creativity and balance, instead of code power (but not all) If you have opinions, advice, concepts for weapons, balance, or anything you think would be cool, I will do my best to evaluate them and even implement them into the mod! Your suggestions matter because I am only one person. If you give a useful suggestion that I use in the mod, your name can be added to the name pool as a small token of appreciation!

However I did almost all work revolved around creativity, and I am only a novice modder, (or a modder of mods) so if you do offer some form of superior modding expertise to this little undertaking, I will be most appreciative for the extra brain-power!

Team Members and Contributors!
Daddyfatflab- Main coder, modeller, creative thinker, playtester, debugging, researcher
Wesley223332- Model maker
JackMayol- Reason why AI can now drive and use turrets! (as of 1.4)

Currently looking for, map maker, code tweakers, those with great creativity!

SCREENSHOTS
example of stealth:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/609478105749078571/54FFD29B27CA4EC2FCA9B9CB81DA5F8721D4DEAF/

http://i.imgur.com/G8a48p8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hiWNlQY.jpg
Flamethrower in action!:
http://i.imgur.com/buYbe11.jpg

Remember! Only made for Moorland Trenches because of its large size.
DOWNLOAD 1.4.0: https://www.mediafire.com/?zl4nrzedze76mbs

Last edited by Daddyfatflab on Fri May 13, 2016 5:30 am, edited 30 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:21 pm 

Just played this mod, and it is very nice :lol: I played as a survivor to test out the new guns, and I have to say, they're really good. No idea if the voxel files and HUD images were ripped from the guns which were replaced, but they were very fun during gameplay. I liked the concept of the Shot-Rifle and the balancing (was this already in the mod or did you make it from scratch?). Anyways, during my playtest I noticed that the zombie numbers were far to low, even though that might've been because i had a team of 10 survivors and no zombie could even get close. Apart from that, some zombies were far too slow to be a threat, so that needs to be balanced as well.

EDIT: Can confirm there weren't half as much zombies as shown in the pictures. Probably the init_match.xml file didn't load?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:47 am 

Bredf wrote:
Just played this mod, and it is very nice :lol: I played as a survivor to test out the new guns, and I have to say, they're really good. No idea if the voxel files and HUD images were ripped from the guns which were replaced, but they were very fun during gameplay. I liked the concept of the Shot-Rifle and the balancing (was this already in the mod or did you make it from scratch?). Anyways, during my playtest I noticed that the zombie numbers were far to low, even though that might've been because i had a team of 10 survivors and no zombie could even get close. Apart from that, some zombies were far too slow to be a threat, so that needs to be balanced as well.

EDIT: Can confirm there weren't half as much zombies as shown in the pictures. Probably the init_match.xml file didn't load?

I linked the origional mod in the description of this reboot. Sadly the origional was very unbalanced. The zombies in the original mod could wipe out a faction right off the bat, and my first objective was to at least lower their op-ness so that I could find a good balance of power for them and the other factions. Currently, you have tested the very first version of the mod, and more feedback is always appreciated!

This is not from scratch, as I have picked up where Tremozl (origional mod author) has dropped off. In the description of his mod, he says to leave a message if anyone wanted to take over, and I did just that! Thank you for your input on the zombies, il be sure to tweak their health and speed a bit more! And yes, those 3 weapon concepts are mine!

Testing the mod for myself, the zombies arent always amassed in a horde and appear to send everything they have towards one location. If you are in the target of the horde, you will notice and sometimes they'll be impossible to beat off. (Seen here! This screenshot was taking during this response) http://i.imgur.com/EAqYWWx.jpg
When you played the mod, how much territory did the zombies have, and did it look like they were losing or gaining more? In my playthroughs they usually always claim all the trenches of moorland and the ruins.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 pm 

Hey a great idea would to add a flame thrower, you should see if you can get permission from the creators of overlord to use there flame thrower. (fun fact D-Day was actually named Operation Overlord) Another suggestion is to add a mg/mini-gun for the military. Just a thought me and a friend had.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 am 

jordan234234 wrote:
Hey a great idea would to add a flame thrower, you should see if you can get permission from the creators of overlord to use there flame thrower. (fun fact D-Day was actually named Operation Overlord) Another suggestion is to add a mg/mini-gun for the military. Just a thought me and a friend had.

I get that would be pretty fun :p except that it would be pretty hard to balance that with the other factions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:45 pm 

Daddyfatflab wrote:
jordan234234 wrote:

I get that would be pretty fun :p except that it would be pretty hard to balance that with the other factions.

Yeah I under stand that, maybe a flame thrower for bandits, and to balance out the MG you could have a wind up time to balance it, and a tool for survivors could be a kinda of nail bomb ( ant-personal mine) or something like that. Just a few thoughts. If you need any kind of ideas for concepts you can allways message me I check often.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:58 am 

jordan234234 wrote:
Daddyfatflab wrote:
jordan234234 wrote:

Yeah I under stand that, maybe a flame thrower for bandits, and to balance out the MG you could have a wind up time to balance it, and a tool for survivors could be a kinda of nail bomb ( ant-personal mine) or something like that. Just a few thoughts. If you need any kind of ideas for concepts you can allways message me I check often.

The bandits already have a kind of mini boss if you play long enough. It is a slow, high health, grenade launching bandit boss. Though I feel like I am going to have trouble replicating that for the other factions, as that is out of my expertise. Although that currently is not a point of focus, and I instead would like to overhaul the bandits and make more unique weapons for them. And finish making unique weapons for the survivors. Adding mines to the game has been on my mind though!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 pm 

In my opinion the bandits are the worst faction, there best weapon is the AA-12(the only weapon with stopping power, well the AK-47 is good to.) and if your not playing on the bandits there nearly always the first faction to die out.The survivors are always conquering the map. The military slow but steadily holds out till the survivors come along. That is just how see it any way. {Still want that flame-thrower tho :P}

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:45 pm 

jordan234234 wrote:
In my opinion the bandits are the worst faction, there best weapon is the AA-12(the only weapon with stopping power, well the AK-47 is good to.) and if your not playing on the bandits there nearly always the first faction to die out.The survivors are always conquering the map. The military slow but steadily holds out till the survivors come along. That is just how see it any way. {Still want that flame-thrower tho :P}

Yeah I get that, there's still a lot of balance to do, and I haven't even touched the bandit faction yet. Id like ideas for weapons unique for them, kinda like what I did for the survivors. I also think it'd be a good idea to buff the bandits spawn rates. Balance is still an issue but it definitely has come a long way from the original.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:36 am 

Daddyfatflab wrote:
jordan234234 wrote:

Yeah I get that, there's still a lot of balance to do, and I haven't even touched the bandit faction yet. Id like ideas for weapons unique for them, kinda like what I did for the survivors. I also think it'd be a good idea to buff the bandits spawn rates. Balance is still an issue but it definitely has come a long way from the original.

But yea, if you need any ideas just ask me, I can help with that, I can help balance. Just PM me your contact info.