It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 91

All times are UTC

What would you like to see added to the mod?
More weapons 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
More skins 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Another faction (Specify below) 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Other (Specify below) 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:33 am 

Bonkaholic wrote:
Here's a bit of news: The first release will include 10 factions! A few may be considered minor factions, though I think it's sometimes fun to have something other than just the largest countries.

Well, that's a bit optimistic, isn't it? Even I don't have to guts to research the weapons and uniforms of 10 different nations. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:00 am 

First public release, 0.5, is out! Factions are France, Britain, Austria, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Duchy of Warsaw, Holland, and the Swiss Confederation. It's known that the howitzer call does not work (yet,) but please report any other glitches, errors, or bugs. Check the original post for download link, I hope you enjoy! :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:59 am 

So, my first gripe with this mod - it's 74MB, and you've simply copied over the entirety of the vanilla files. :P That really seem to be a pandemic when it comes to new modders - it's like they HAVE to keep everything from the vanilla files otherwise it won't work or something. Get rid of anything that you didn't directly use - don't bother including any sounds if you don't need any new ones, for example.

That aside, I have tried it out, and it is a bit fun to go out on Moorland Trenches with all 10 factions and start as a One Province Minor and than expand to cover the map with your color and have the biggest name. :) The pistol seems really...awkward. Sometimes the bullet spawns, sometimes it doesn't. It might just be because it's so damn inaccurate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:40 am 

The Soldier wrote:
So, my first gripe with this mod - it's 74MB, and you've simply copied over the entirety of the vanilla files. :P That really seem to be a pandemic when it comes to new modders - it's like they HAVE to keep everything from the vanilla files otherwise it won't work or something. Get rid of anything that you didn't directly use - don't bother including any sounds if you don't need any new ones, for example.

That aside, I have tried it out, and it is a bit fun to go out on Moorland Trenches with all 10 factions and start as a One Province Minor and than expand to cover the map with your color and have the biggest name. :) The pistol seems really...awkward. Sometimes the bullet spawns, sometimes it doesn't. It might just be because it's so damn inaccurate.

Alright, thanks for the advice and feedback, I'll work on removing plenty of files soon! Fixing pistol as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:09 am 

The Soldier wrote:

Wait, I think that the problem you may be having is simply that the kill rate for the pistol is very low. Flintlock pistols in real life weren't as deadly as muskets, and that combined with its quick reload time is why the pistols are set to a low rate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:08 pm 

Will u add cannons? :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:26 pm 

Spoiler:

He will be. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:51 pm 

First of all, your mod is great! I've been waiting for a mod like this for a long time.

I noticed a bug when you use the vest tipe 2 with the Russians, for some reason the skin changes to a french one, haven't noticed this with any other faction.

I have a couple sugestions, the reload time seens to be a bit too long right now, i know these weapons realisticaly took long to reload, but in the game it is almost impossible to take over an enemy base with even numbers since they respawn faster than you can kill with the weapons, the only way i found possible right now is to go rambo style on them with the knife while they reload.
You could however keep the reload time intact, but increase the kill chance on the weapons since the fire rate is low.

Ps: Can't wait for the next version =)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:48 pm 

Pretty sick mod.
One thing I would want to see in the next update is to be able to call for reinforcements.
I know in the 1800s.. there were no airplanes and all.
But reinforcements came in foot and all.
That'll be a pretty awesome feature to the mod.

Sincerly,
The Decoded Code

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:51 pm 

The Decoded Code wrote:
But reinforcements came in foot and all.
That'll be a pretty awesome feature to the mod.

Sincerly,
The Decoded Code

This would require some map modification (or at least creating the call specifically for one map), as there's no way you can just call for X amount of <insert_soldier_name> to just spawn. You have to name a specific point on the map (which varies from map to map) and then link the call to that.