It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 48

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:04 am 

Okay, I've searched around in the vanilla files and tried different things, but I can't figure this out, so I'm going to ask here.
Is it possible to change the world situation generator that only one enemy faction gets the whole rest of the map in invasion mode?
So far I've found some hints, but only implementing a changed world_init.as and throwing out one faction in my_stage_configurator.as is not cutting it. That just causes the campaign to 'not start at all' if you click 'start campaign' in the menu.
I can't find a function that divides the world into two differently occupied parts, so... any help finding where to look or any thoughts on that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:28 pm 

You'll need to go into the general settings of each map (for example, Moorland Trenches) and add a faction limit to it - look at Vigil Island for what I'm referencing. Change the limit to 2 and two factions should fill it out - yours with 1 base, and the enemy with the rest. You'll need Inkscape for it, and the general settings box is located on the materials layer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:33 pm 

Check, thanks. I'm going to look into it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:50 am 

[Edit]:
Okay, as far as I can see, there is something I've overlooked while scanning through the files. I haven't used Inkscape yet, because I just haven't had the time to grab it and work with it for testing. Returning from training today I took a peak at the maps again and found out that some maps have a specific line in the "map_config.xml" file I was looking for. I don't know how that slipped under my radar. I guess it must've been fatigue.
The config for map2 looks like this:

Code:
<map_config min_factions="2" max_factions="2">
   <faction file="green.xml" />
   <faction file="grey.xml" />
   <weapon file="all_weapons.xml" />
   <projectile file="all_throwables.xml" />
   <call file="all_calls.xml" />
   <carry_item file="all_carry_items.xml" />
   <vehicle file="all_vehicles.xml" />
   <include_layer name="layer1.default" />
</map_config>

There are the minimum and maximum factions defined. These lines are not present in all configs, because the standard value would be 3 I reckon.
Now, while I'm not quite sure if it would do the trick to change these, I have another important question.

Since I'm thinking about changing the campaign to fit the requirements, I'm not quite fond of the idea to copy all the files in the map folders. This would make the mod unnecessarily huge. Problem is: every time a new map is presented to the mods maps folder, the map gets a new ID and it seems that I can't just copy one file, for example the map_config.xml or the objects.svg, from a vanilla map and change it to make an overlay, since the map is treated as a completely new one. Is there a way around this? Like referencing the path to the rest of the vanilla map resources somewhere? Or do I have to bite into the sour apple and grab all the vanilla map files to make a slightly modified version of it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:53 pm 

Wish I had visited this thread earlier, I made a Valkyria overlay a little while ago while messing around with the game. Super WIP as I never got around to finishing it and I think I used Running in the Trenches as a starting point but you're all welcome to pick through my assets. It's got voxel weapons and soldiers, I do have some vehicle models as well but I never got around to trying to put them in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2h04K ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:39 am 

So I was able to recover most of the mod after loosing my partner, and thanks to the weapons posted by Raptor, I was able to piece together a somewhat functioning mod. the reason I say somewhat functioning is there is a random crash during play ...and all it says is this. I haven o idea what it means, I bet it is something stupid.

23:33:45: Texture: hud_meter_cursor_capture_area_enemy.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
23:33:50: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO833 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:50: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO834 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:52: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO835 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO836 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO837 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO838 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: WARNING, something wrong happening with joining to a squad
23:34:05: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO839 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 am 

xr79 wrote:
So I was able to recover most of the mod after loosing my partner, and thanks to the weapons posted by Raptor, I was able to piece together a somewhat functioning mod. the reason I say somewhat functioning is there is a random crash during play ...and all it says is this. I haven o idea what it means, I bet it is something stupid.

23:33:45: Texture: hud_meter_cursor_capture_area_enemy.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
23:33:50: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO833 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:50: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO834 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:52: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO835 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO836 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO837 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO838 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
23:33:56: WARNING, something wrong happening with joining to a squad
23:34:05: Can't assign material _missing_material_ to SubEntity of Ogre/MO839 because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?

This is nothing you have to worry about. RWR use its own materials, not the one defined by the mesh material.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 pm 

Okay ran into another problem, I spent days countless days working on nice mesh weapons. but the stupid game shows the soldier THROUGH the gun ?! is there any way to fix this? or did I just waist a bunch of time?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:02 am 

xr79 wrote:
Okay ran into another problem, I spent days countless days working on nice mesh weapons. but the stupid game shows the soldier THROUGH the gun ?! is there any way to fix this? or did I just waist a bunch of time?

could you post a screenshot?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:47 am 

So the develoeprs have still not fixed mesh weapons showing the player shadow through them like the weapon is a building, WE NEED A FIX FOR THIS. mesh weapons are useless right now. please give us a fix!
the last thing I'm working on are weapons. there are over 47 character models male and female versions. and even unique player models for the main characters of the game.

Some great shots I took!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... crollTop=0

My goal with tanks in the version is to make them far more common, they are cheep to call down for you but so are the hostile tanks, expect armor battles...

Last edited by xr79 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next