It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:43 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 42

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am 

xr79 wrote:
I need to work on the voxel models. is there a way to make it so soldiers start with randomized soldier models to give more feel to the game?

Just look at the regular vanilla faction files - just input multiple soldier models and it'll randomly choose between them on spawn.

xr79 wrote:
I do need to know though. what is the MOST maximum amount of guns that can be put into the game? cause there are just so many that can be added ! to make this truly like VC2

256? I'm not even sure if there's an upper limit though. I know animations used to have a 256 limit until a couple of modders ran into it, then it was changed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:25 am 

Holly shite..okay yeah nvm I don't have any where close to that many guns...and most of them use the same reload animation. alright good! I am on my way to creating this mod!

The down side here is I have no idea how to actually code the weapons. and I still don't know how to orientate the models of the guns. where they should be facing, and how big they should be when I export them to orge.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:27 am 

xr79 wrote:
The down side here is I have no idea how to actually code the weapons. and I still don't know how to orientate the models of the guns. where they should be facing, and how big they should be when I export them to orge.

Ah, forgot to mention that. The center of the "model" (based on coordinates, like "0,0,0", and not the geometric center of the weapon) should be where the soldier's right hand goes. For scaling reference, each soldier is about 2 meters tall.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:29 am 

so you mean I should set the "origin" of the mesh to the handle where the soldiers hand would be?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:42 am 

xr79 wrote:
so you mean I should set the "origin" of the mesh to the handle where the soldiers hand would be?

Yup, right hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:02 am 

WELL I officially don't understand how this exporter works, I got it working ...I think. but the model is exports is either a .scene file or a .xml file...there are so many settings in the exporter that i don't know what ones to use for RWR.

So I am stuck.
https://i.gyazo.com/bd319381f66594cb585 ... 96ae53.png
https://i.gyazo.com/0f9bbcb0cac0e219f36 ... 66cc1c.png

This is what i see when i try to export. it says .mesh and .scene exporter but i can't figure out how the eff to do it. I'm so close gosh dang it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:10 am 

Okay, seems like a lot has been done, and written, while I took a good night’s rest and was in early shift. It took me a little bit to catch up. ^^"

First of all: It’s really nice, that you could get your hands on the original assets. That’s taking off a whole lot of work. I’d like to know what sample rates or bit rates the sound assets of VCII have. I’ve only seen videos of the game so far but considering it’s on a handheld I think the sound assets of VC I are quite better in terms of quality, or am I wrong on that one?

In terms of Voxel models I have to say: Yeah, the program is very basic and it’s clunky to work with, since there are no basic functions like undo or redo and stuff. Even loading up an already existing model can be a little bit of a pain.
Cross and I can take care of that if provided with some reference material. Cross never played VC – but took a liking to it after I told him about it yesterday – and I don’t own a PSP so I missed out on the following parts, so we have to look things up and think of some things to make little changes, so the soldiers can have a little bit of variety.
Cross is at work right now, so it’ll take him some time to respond, but I guess we can make the models for the soldiers work.

Since I didn’t have the chance to play VC II I don’t quite know how the arsenal differs since the end of the war. It has been two years after all. So I’m going to do some research on that for the technical weapon data. I’ve always had some issues with the vanilla LMGs, since they spray like hell and often you can’t hit the broad side of a barn even if you’re flat on the floor or using sandbags to rest it on. Working on new weapons for Enhanced Extanded Arsenal (EEA) gave me some proper ideas to balance things out, while keeping the guns reasonably accurate. So I start to work on that today.

Now for the factions. Since we’re using the assets from VC II I thought about the factions. As far as I can see we have the Atlantic Federation, the Autocratic East European Imperial Alliance and the Gallian Revolutionary Army who started the civil war against the Darksen in Gallia. Am I correct on that one?

Well that should be all for now. : 3

Last edited by Ryudo Kaze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:30 am 

You would be right about the story of VC2. how ever there is a fourth faction. the good guys is the Lanseal royal military academy.

On the models. the PSP versions are perfect for this. they are low poly and low detail perfect for the low rez of RWR. the VC1 models i have are SUPER detailed and VERY high poly. I got them form the PS3 version.

I can get you pictures of the various unit types.

How ever for the weapons all factions use the same tanks and weapons, they just have different camo. so yeah.. lucky there XD no one knows what the Atlantic federation soldiers look like either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:40 am 

Ah, okay. That’s good to know. So we have a little bit of freedom in terms of technical details of the guns. : 3

I have to look up stuff about the fourth faction. Maybe I'm going to watch a walk-through with story to get the grasp of that. We can start with the three basic factions and add them as progress on the mod continues, since we found ourselves some minor problems while adding new factions. Also the vanilla champaign picks two random factions out of every available faction, that the player didn't pick, to divide the world map between. So not all are present at the same time.

What about sounds? Are the sounds from VCII up to standards? I’m a little bit of a sound nut and I like the sounds of the guns from VCI. Sometimes handhelds can have drawbacks in terms of sound quality. Talking about bit-rate and sample-rate here. : 3 Sometimes sound files from handhelds need to be re-sampled and equalized. I would do that, since I have the proper equipment for that. I work with FL-Studios for quite some time and have a YouTube channel dedicated to game music and remakes so I have at least some experience.

Also... If Cross and I create the technical details and you the assets xr79, we need to swap files and material. I’ve got a Dropbox account to share files with and Cross can use his Google-Drive for that. Cross and I are fine with either method as long as we can share files to build the mod.
It also might be a good idea to add us as Friends in Steam for faster communication. : 3 I wanted to ask that in a PM to you, but since I’ve only created the account here recently, I can’t use that feature yet. ^^"

Last edited by Ryudo Kaze on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:43 am 

Hey there, I sent you a PM to give you my skype info.
Right now I'm working on getting the tanks and vehicles ready and such. I gave up completely trying to get that stupid voxel thing to comply with me.

I have big plans for this mod. mainly focusing around the Lanseal acadamy. I do not plan on making the rebels or the empire actually playable. all the main work will go into the good guys team.

As for the assets right now. I can't get the OGRE exporter to work for blender. it keeps spitting out .scene files not the .mesh files i need.

Oh and as for sounds. I have none...the guns in the game use all the same sounds...and it sounds bad.

Oh and as for the factions. we don't need to make anything for the Atlantic federation. they do not involve themselves in gallian affairs. only the empire and the rebels and Lanseal acadamy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next