It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:49 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 88

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 am 

Weapon Mods

With the addition of the model editor, i decided to take my (basic) knowledge of coding and make a few weapons, adding them to the game without changing the originals. If you wish to suggest anything, feel free! However, if you could provide a link to (clear) sample sounds of the weapon, it would be very helpful. (Example of good sample sounds) Also please note that there are no custom animations, so some weapons may look a bit weird, but only if you look closely. Also, there are no custom HUD pictures, so they are of the default weapons, as a place holder until I can draw them properly.

TO INSTALL ANY OF THESE MODS: Put the contents of the zip folder into the root of your Running With Rifles directory, usually C:\Program Files\Running with rifles (the Program files may also have a (x86) after it)
If you wish to install mutliple mods you will have to edit the weapons_specification.xml file and add the paragraph of the modded gun you wish to add (from the weapons_specifications.xml in the zip) at the bottom of that file (above </weapons>), as well adding all the sounds and models into the correct places. Or alternatively you could download all of the balanced weapons in in the section below.

TO UNINSTALL: 1. Replace the weapon_specifications.xml in Runningwithrifles\media\models with the original. (will remove all other weapon mods) 2. Remove the paragraph about the weapon you wish to remove, using notepad++ or similar. 3. Reinstall the whole of your RWR (will remove all other mods)

[0.60] Regarding Multiple Mods and Servers(IMPORTANT)
Any server that you host with weapon mods installed will have those mods installed, but if you installed you mods in a different order than anyone esle (or vice versa) it can have some very weird glitches. As a result of this, I will add a link that includes all mods (that are balanced) in the right order HERE
All weapon mod that have a RED title are included in this pack, all those in BLUE are not, as they give an unfair advantage to a certain team.

[0.60] M40A3 American Bolt-action Rilfe with Scope

My first mod, gave the common request of a sniper rifle a go, the M40A3 reloads one bullet at a time (like the shotguns), it is 100% accurate and, as it is bolt action, cannot fire very quickly.
Link to pictures of the M40A3 here (note that the suppressor at the end of the barrel is not there is the final version)

DOWNLOAD HERE

[0.59] USP.45 Suppressed
Want a challenge? Want a (crappy) alternative to the mp5sd? Want a almost useless gun that WILL get the user killed in almost all situations? No? Thought not, but i wanted to make a suppressed pitol so, here you go!

DOWNLOAD HERE

[0.60] Fully Automatic Glock-18
A fully automatic side arm, inaccurate, but good when in close quarters or against enemies with a slow rate of fire (Sniper, Mossberg, and the M240).

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by Jonahdude on Sun May 20, 2012 10:40 am, edited 27 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Your weapon specifications seems to be ok, I can use it fine if I create the sounds, model and hud icon files which you had added, by copying and renaming a few originals.

You might want to do the same, and then one by one change them to something you want. That way you should be able to pinpoint the file that's causing the issue.

Also, check that your sounds have the same sampling rate and bit depth as the originals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:31 pm 

OK, i managed to change the two offending files, however now the program works but the sounds do not play :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure almost any audio editor will allow you to change the bit depth.

Take Wavosaur http://www.wavosaur.com for example:

After opening the wave file, click Process -> Bit depth converter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:53 pm 

YYYYEEEEEEEEEES, did it :D
Full download will be up soon...

Ah, but is it ok for me to distribute a modded version of the weapon_specifications.xml ? Dont want to break copyright or piracy or something :roll:
and do you know of a way to make the firing delay longer? i tried -2.0 and -5.0 and that did nothing, then i tried 2.0 and it was glitchy...
AND...how/where do you get/make the HUD icons? my trys have failed miserably

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

It's perfectly ok to distribute any mods related to content under the media subfolder, including weapon_specifications.xml.

The weapons based on shotgun logic (class 1) control the firing delay through the cycling animation time, so the retrigger value doesn't (shouldn't) have a meaning there. Currently, there's no good way to control the animation speed, but if you truly want to go there, you might be able to get something working by duplicating the cycle animation (or making a new one), changing the keyframe timestamps to something of longer time range, and referring to that cycling animation in the weapon spec instead of the original.

For the HUD icons, I suppose MissDjax can elaborate on the technique.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:00 pm 

Ah, I'm not too sure how to open animations in the editor, so for now ill go with the slightly buggy 2.0, until i can figure it out

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:19 pm 

And the M40A3 is avalible for download (yaaaay)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm 

null

Last edited by ComJak on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:23 pm 

Just put up the usp.45 which I spent like..45 mins on.
Enjoy the uslessness ;)