It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:59 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 103

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:48 am 

*Updated - Version 0.5*

The updated official version of my RWR mod for version 0.75. What's new? Try it please and find out ;) So far I couldn't change the faction names but I hope you like it anyway. The weapon interface icons aren't hd but it represents the actual weapon though. The bullpup reload animations and the the grip reload animations are not perfect but it's what possible at the moment. Also I changed the mercenary names to a more international concept.

The changes:
- New gear for mercenaries and Greywood soldiers: tactical (not bulletproof!) vests, face masks, gloves and protectors
- The M240 is the M249 SAW now
- PKM without bipod
- MGs can be shoot crouching
- Completely revised weapon sounds for all ballistic weapons
- MP5 is now unsilenced
- bullpup reload animations
- 15 new weapons with own weapon sounds:

- Assault rifles:
- F2000
- AUG-A3
- Famas-F1
- M4-A1
- G3-A1
- M416
- M14 Juggernaut Rogue (with 60 shot drum mag, very rare)

- Sub machine guns:
- P90
- UMP 45
- Type 95
- MP7

- carbines (9mm):
- Cx4 Storm

- Shotguns:
- KSG 12
- Spas 12

- Sniper Rifles (. 50):
- M107

Well, there are some new kinds of weapons in the game, how you can see. I tried to make all weapons as much realistic as possible. The G3 is virtually a full auto sniper rifle. It's very powerful and accurate. But it has a lower rate of fire and just a 20 rounds magazine. The Cx4 Storm is a carbine that uses 9mm ammunition. It is on the effective range more powerful than an assault rifle but less accurate. The M107 cal. 50 sniper rifle got a 3xzoom scope to use the full power of the calibre 50 bullet on max range. The m14 Juggernaut is a modern rebuilt bullpup version of the classic M14. The properties and the stats are almost the same. But it is shorter, lighter, cooler and it has a drum mag ;)
Enjoy!

Download Link: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|86p10 ... r|1172|0|0

Last edited by IronStrIkEr on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 pm 

awesome mod, sounds, weapons, textures, everything. Running around with the M107 in my body armor makes me feel like master chief :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm 

Thank you very much. I'm glad that you got some fun with it ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:20 am 

Pictures please!!

ComJak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:30 am 

I second that notion! :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 pm 

ComJak wrote:
Pictures please!!

ComJak

Well, you know - you just could google for some pics of the weapons...and the rest...
little joke :D Well, I look forward to put some screenys in here.
But honestly - you just could give it a try. RWR mods doesn't take that much time to download. Make a backup of the game and do it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 am 

yeaaaaa but i'm lazy like that :) *and i know what they all look like hahaha

I just wanted to see the new body armour. sighhhhh fine i'll download it.

ComJak

Edit: Must say, I really enjoy this mod. The number of weapons gives me this sense of choosing the right weapon for the right range of engagement. Specifically, I like the g3 for it's accuracy with the tradeoff being a slower shot. Most of the ARs are to me just reskins/new sounds and I use them interchangeably (didn't look at the xml) but having such a choice is nice. I think(?) shotguns are overpowered right now (spas mostly) as I can one shot people consistently from across the screen. Yes, realistic maybe but it tends to just be rampaging spaser if taken to pvp or pvai. M107 should have wayyyy less accuracy when standing. I can run snipe my way through a guarded town at times better than if i use an AR. Also type 95 is a SMG? Pretty sure it's an AR and a mighty powerful at range. Sounds could use some work as they sound vastly different from each other in ways that I can not explain (muted, echo, stuff like that). Body armour looks fine and all, might switch out the default RWR to that :D sry pasik hahaha. other than that, a solid mod, will be watching for future changes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am 

ComJak wrote:
yeaaaaa but i'm lazy like that :) *and i know what they all look like hahaha

I just wanted to see the new body armour. sighhhhh fine i'll download it.

ComJak

Edit: Must say, I really enjoy this mod. The number of weapons gives me this sense of choosing the right weapon for the right range of engagement. Specifically, I like the g3 for it's accuracy with the tradeoff being a slower shot. Most of the ARs are to me just reskins/new sounds and I use them interchangeably (didn't look at the xml) but having such a choice is nice. I think(?) shotguns are overpowered right now (spas mostly) as I can one shot people consistently from across the screen. Yes, realistic maybe but it tends to just be rampaging spaser if taken to pvp or pvai. M107 should have wayyyy less accuracy when standing. I can run snipe my way through a guarded town at times better than if i use an AR. Also type 95 is a SMG? Pretty sure it's an AR and a mighty powerful at range. Sounds could use some work as they sound vastly different from each other in ways that I can not explain (muted, echo, stuff like that). Body armour looks fine and all, might switch out the default RWR to that :D sry pasik hahaha. other than that, a solid mod, will be watching for future changes.

When you got the choice it's always hard to find the scale between gameplay and realism. But thanks for the improvement tips. I'll look what I can do ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:10 pm 

Hopefully you're already working on updating it, but I would love to try this when it's out for the new update! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:17 am 

I would love to try the game because as I read the forum I feel that it is wonderful and interesting as well.