It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:13 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 54 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 180

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 pm 

You can download the demo through modulaatio or through desura.

ComJak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 am 

I don't know what I have done wrong, I did as the README. told me to, and I keep getting dump crashes.. Any help here?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:37 am 

Kittler wrote:
I don't know what I have done wrong, I did as the README. told me to, and I keep getting dump crashes.. Any help here?

ok I gave it a shot and I was pretty surprised as I saw the content of the archive... It contains not only media stuff and weapon specifications as it should be the case in a RWR mod but also the maps (which are partially outdated) and especially game libraries and stuff which of course aren't compatible with the latest version of the game anymore and aren't required for a mod.

So if you want to try this mod out, you might just copy the content of the media folder (without the maps folder) and that's it.

@IronStrIkEr: please fix that. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm 

*Edit*
Well, sorry for that.Well. I fixed that little issue - uploading right now...I'll update the download link in my first post...aaaand uploaded ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm 

fffffff... Was so excited that you updated.. I loaded up the mod files.. Fire up RWR annnd crash again! OGRE EXCEPTION. f2000.wav is missing? :c I want to know what I'm doing wrong so I can play this! >:O This is really starting to piss me off, it's a different problem every f'ing time. Fix the damn mod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 am 

Fairly certain you can just copy another gun sound and call it F2000.wav and it will work.

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 am 

ComJak wrote:
Fairly certain you can just copy another gun sound and call it F2000.wav and it will work.

ComJak

That didnt work, it still gives me the same OGRE bs, even though I made a file: f2000_shot.wav still doesnt work. ffs...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 am 

Actually, if you smash your monitor in with a hammer, it will work. Trust me.

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am 

ComJak wrote:
Actually, if you smash your monitor in with a hammer, it will work. Trust me.

ComJak

OMG, im typing this from my phone. You idiot, why would you tell me that? It didnt fix ANYTHING! :evil: fricken liar.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 am 

@IronStrIkEr: I have no clue what you did this time but the mod is completely messed up :D
Where is your media/sounds folder? Why did you add all the 3D models in the archive? why all the textures?
You should try your updates on a proper installation of the game first (just copy paste your vanilla RWR and add the mod files) so that you would see that it can't work. Also you should add as a main folder in your archive the "media" folder then the subfolder you changed (models,textures,sounds) with only the modifies files. That means no *.mesh files from the models folder, just the xml files you changed and in the textures folder only your modified weapon hud files, as those are probably the only files you modified I suppose.
You should fix it before Kittler starts a killing frenzy :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next