It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 32

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What's your favorite map?
Moorland Trenches 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Keepsake Bay 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
Old Fort Creek 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Fridge Valley 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Bootleg Islands 15%  15%  [ 17 ]
Rattlesnake Crescent 15%  15%  [ 17 ]
Vigil Island 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Power Junction 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Black Gold Estuary 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Railroad Gap 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 114
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 am 

I reupdated the poll and added the 2 news maps, along with 2 placeholders for the 2 maps which should be done until the final release to avoid to have to reset the poll again. Sorry for that.
Also don't vote for the placeholders, did you read that Comjak ? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 am 

Aw, but Placeholder 2 is my favourite map of all things.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 pm 

I voted for the placeholders simply because all the new maps get better and better. I didn't do it to be a dweeb, I'm planning ahead!

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 pm 

hmmm. There is a distinct lack in the ability to vote for the best map of all.. the Lobby map.. :(

ComJak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

ComJak wrote:
hmmm. There is a distinct lack in the ability to vote for the best map of all.. the Lobby map.. :(

ComJak

I agree, lobby rules. It also loads faster than any other map :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:34 pm 

Personaly I voted on two urban maps - Aeolian Coast and Vaalekoski. Sant Anne would be number 3 in my list. Al-Tabul is strictly assauld map and that is why it is not amoung mine favourites. It is great when lot's of players are on green side, but awful when played in single (my opinion). Also voting on Stalemate is kind of voting on every map a bit :) It is like all maps in one - urban, trenches, forests, suburbs... Only lack of river crosing and brige to fight on :)

There is one map I personally dislike a lot - and it is Frostbite. I think that one reason for it is lack of urban terrain (well, one may say that bases are, but it may not compare to Aeolian Coast, or even to town sectors in Stalemate). Second reason is it's very symetrical buildup. More than any other map (not counding two 3-sector maps, which are to small to see that as negative in my book).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:34 pm 

I actually like frostbite a decent amount. The symmetricalness of it was mainly because frostbite was the first "linear" map that heralded in future maps like Al Tabul. I think the feel of the map makes it for me. Reminds me of Bastogne. haha

Only map I would say I dislike would be maybe Stalemate. It's just too big for me and not very interesting. That's to be expected though as it was the earliest map. I still enjoy massive player v player battles on it but sometimes, it can just get tedious.

ComJak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 pm 

ComJak wrote:
I actually like frostbite a decent amount. The symmetricalness of it was mainly because frostbite was the first "linear" map that heralded in future maps like Al Tabul. I think the feel of the map makes it for me. Reminds me of Bastogne. haha

Only map I would say I dislike would be maybe Stalemate. It's just too big for me and not very interesting. That's to be expected though as it was the earliest map. I still enjoy massive player v player battles on it but sometimes, it can just get tedious.

ComJak

I have to disagree. With everything. Frostbite is TOO linear. Trenches + Hills to NOT mix. Stalemate, however, offers situations for almost all weapons to be used, even shotguns. StalemateForBestMap2013.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 pm 

Hard to tell which maps I like most, as for Stalemate it's for sure with Frostbite one of the maps I like the less, I just don't like the trench areas, especially in Stalemate, the outer areas are ok though. In Frostbite I like the theme and the infiltrations inside the 2 camps :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 pm 

I think the trenches are just a pain because the physics and collisions aren't really correct.

Also, papa, you're wrong :D

ComJak

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next