It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 64

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:11 pm 

I was reading through some threads, and I've been curious about this subject as well for a while, so I though I'd just ask.

This is kind of an interesting subject to me: indie game distribution.

I'm just curious, when you guys have the time what your experience with Steam has been and other Distribution sites. Have there been changes in the time (years) you've been working on this game?

As a player, it seems over the last number of years that "Indie" games have become much more noticed, accessible, aphla/beta available, and much more "main-stream". But has creating, working on it, or trying to get it out there changed for you guys?

I am a reluctant fan of Steam over the years. But I have ALWAYS appreciated the ability to return to Desura when needed to download my stand alone copy of RWR which I purchased um... some time ago? (Haven't looked, lol)

Has it been more complicated with Steam? Or has it even had any majorly noticeable effect on sales and player numbers for you guys? (I assume you have a more clear picture of player-base growth than many of us do.)
I'm curious about this because Steam appears not only to be a game distribution site, but very obviously a gamer social media site. I never use Facebook or anything else... but man do I play a lot of games on Steam now, and connect with many other gamers there.

Or has it created a strange situation, where now you find yourselves simply having to divide your time between more "community hubs?"

Thanks, no rush. More just curious. And it's interesting to hear the other side of thing.