It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:19 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 54

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:44 pm 

Hello, recently purchased the game. Something I noticed both in single player campaigns as well as the multiplayer was AI trying to place cover. Alright, I thought, that's pretty impressive. However, I've only seen them succeed at placing maybe twice. The only time either side seems to want to place cover is when they're in the middle of a battle. Usually from there, someone will see them and drop em before the cover is set up.

While I appreciate the free RP, it would be interesting if cover placement was prioritized for defense as opposed to them thinking that it's a good idea to try and push up with cover in the middle of the clearing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:34 am 
Site Admin

I think the behavior is fairly on par with the smartness of their other actions. I've seen them succeed with cover placement countless times, sometimes in great positions, sometimes not so. The main point appears to be that it's fun to see them just try and sometimes they may even succeed, but in the end the clever choices are up to players really.

The game is already considered "hard enough" and with the fact that the gameplay the player goes through is mostly about attacking, making the AI smarter in defensive positioning of sandbags could be again making the game even harder.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:02 pm 

pasik wrote:
I think the behavior is fairly on par with the smartness of their other actions. I've seen them succeed with cover placement countless times, sometimes in great positions, sometimes not so. The main point appears to be that it's fun to see them just try and sometimes they may even succeed, but in the end the clever choices are up to players really.

The game is already considered "hard enough" and with the fact that the gameplay the player goes through is mostly about attacking, making the AI smarter in defensive positioning of sandbags could be again making the game even harder.

I especially love that the number of barricades slowly increases in a heavily contested area (like Ruins in Moorland Trenches with 3 factions).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 am 

I guess the gameplay is not so hard when attacking opponents.,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:24 pm 

The AI has come a long way. Their sandbags may not always be in the most perfect spot, but they do use them.
And like the post above said over a period of time you'll see the number of sandbags slowly build up during battle... and the blood, lol.

The AI in this game is very much a swarm mechanics. One individual is easy or even dumb at times, but Hundreds makes for a tough force.