It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:52 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 39 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 14

All times are UTC

Post subject: Last Battle Zombie Bug
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:01 pm 

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I thought that these dummies were isolated cases, small bugs? They proved to be otherwise.

http://i.cubeupload.com/4XlktV.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/lrQmwj.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/Dys4oD.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/slsWM7.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/kwShY0.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/c6ZeQd.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/sT2pG8.png

MAJOR PLOT TWIST: The Greys were actually the good guys trying to contain a zombie outbreak. We've been killing the good guys all along.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 pm 

This time we started to destroy towers from east. Does that have any effect to these "zombies"?
It was quite quick round btw. Maybe 1 hour. Seems thats best way to win that map.

Bishop wrote:

:D :D :D Sry.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

It's fixed for 0.98.5 already.

If the neutral faction holds areas with water towers or mortar supplies, they'll have soldier capacity and the AI-player compensation figure becomes effective for that faction too. In single player I'd guess your see around 3-10 of these guys tops at any given time, but in online it could easily rise.

I was playing too in that run. Haha the zombies were great, was fun running away from them taking them out one by one with a shotty.

I joined when there were 2-3 bases left, and it took like an hour from there on so the whole map probably was a bit longer than that. The AI-player compensation figure had been lowered to 3(?) in that session, which likely contributed to how it was much easier now.

Perhaps it was even too easy now?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:33 pm 

Are we talking about that same session? In that case, I'll reserve my opinions regarding the difficulty because it might be a bit biased, but it suffices to say that I don't think it was easy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Bishop wrote:
Are we talking about that same session? In that case, I'll reserve my opinions regarding the difficulty because it might be a bit biased, but it suffices to say that I don't think it was easy.

That's good then.

It is the same session, I noticed you there. I was Sam, "just a hint too many AI" remember? :P I'm nasty that way.

I'm personally not saying it was particularly easy, we probably made it harder for ourselves, we did win it with a pretty weak tactical approach in the end, in my opinion. So what I'm kinda getting here is that if we'd used the flares better (those who could), use better efforts to pinpoint the location of the last radio (that took ages), and rush it while defending someone(s) with C4, the map would've been over much faster, perhaps.

So at this point I wouldn't make further changes except have the zombies removed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:00 pm 

Hahahaha, that was you? I got shot the moment you said that, so I was a bit pissed off at it. "A hint too many AI". I'm glad that you are developing this game right on the field, though.

Besides removing the zombies, like I mentioned before, maybe you could add some more, perhaps small rooftops? You've seen Black Hawk Down, right?

(also, we could make a Middle Eastern faction. ISIS kind of guys. Might be cool.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

Bishop wrote:
Besides removing the zombies, like I mentioned before, maybe you could add some more, perhaps small rooftops? You've seen Black Hawk Down, right?

(also, we could make a Middle Eastern faction. ISIS kind of guys. Might be cool.)

Right, I think Jack already worked on adding some cover and stuff in the map for the next version, yup.

One further thing that might be best for the map would be to lower the amount of bosses a bit, they're pretty tough with their shotguns and there are loads of them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:11 pm 

Yes, they are quite liberal with their one-shot-through-vest guns. I'm not complaining, all that frustration makes it even better when I kill them. I guess we are supposed to bleed XP and RP on that map, aren't we?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 am 

Heh, now I understand how that noob-SAM had all the RP's to buy those flares. :)

Beginning of the map when there were 5-6 players was more controlled stealth teamwork but then more players joined and it went to running with rifles.
And we spend lots of time looking for that last tower. Without that, map time probably would have been around 1h.

I think that difficulty level was ok.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Street Veteran wrote:
Heh, now I understand how that noob-SAM had all the RP's to buy those flares. :)

Beginning of the map when there were 5-6 players was more controlled stealth teamwork but then more players joined and it went to running with rifles.
And we spend lots of time looking for that last tower. Without that, map time probably would have been around 1h.

I think that difficulty level was ok.

:D It's easy to get RP in the map, so many bosses which tend to give away stuff worth at least 200 RP each. I did notice people disregarded most of that stuff, perhaps they had all the RP they need or didn't know what to do with it without calls. Stashing stuff while in the battle zone and then taking a break at some point, driving back to armory and moving stuff from stash to armory there can give you 1000 RP quickly.

Newcomers in the map could be useful in that way too, being the delivery guys and bringing stuff for the vets. Also the riot shield role is available from 0 XP, I did that when I joined, was great!

I was also playing the next round we reached the map, just got over 4k XP when we went in. I think it was 6 or 7 of us, so clearly less enemies than in the end part of the earlier round. The map seemed to progress with a pretty fast pace (again it seems), radios were located quickly, C4 and flares were in the active play, you could do some actual stealth stuff (unalerted easy-to-kill enemies) at parts of the map. Too bad SAS Invasion 12h reset kicked in while we had the last 2 bases to go :lol: