It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 22

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:06 pm 

Just wanted a specific place to discuss possible tactics, examples and ideas for things like Sandbags and the resulting player build fortifications and entrenchment during battle. Hopefully in the future we'll see some screenshots of peoples' in-game work and efforts. As these features have been implemented it has changed some of the ideas and strategies for RWR on the field. Also, possibly a place to discuss some minor adjustments, additions, or joys of the whole mechanic.

I do have one question or subject I'd like to ask about: Grenades vs. Sandbags:
The Sandbags are great, I have been using them WAY more. The Airdrop option rocks and it's real nice to be able to modify the field and available cover as needed.

Yet often it feels the Grenades destroy the Sandbags a little too easy. I know they are not meant to be invincible. If hit by Rockets, Tanks, Airstrikes, it makes sense that they would be destroyed and/or shifted in placement. But often it's also 1 grenade. I myself have and seen many other people place sandbags to help the team, only to have one grenade (sometimes friendly) knock it all out. Not just shift it a bit, but skidding them all over or completely destroying them. It's not so much the wasted effort and RP, or even the fact that this is RWR and sometimes it all goes wrong quick. It is just that they seem far to weak against grenades. Although grenades are fragmentation and great against troops, I would assume that their explosive force wouldn't be nearly on the same level as some tanks round or an RPG?

I love the Sandbags, MG's and setting up stuff for others' to use. But it is really frustrating when 1 AI, yours or theirs', knocks it all around or destroys half of it with a single grenade. Also, it seems like it may be a little more interesting to possibly require a rocket for something other than only vehicles. Everyone loves shooting them! And having to use them over a simple grenade to take out fortifications would be great!

Basically, just wish the Sandbags were a little tougher and heavier vs Grenades. Just a little more resistance to grenades. All the other heavy rounds, sure, blow the hell out of fortifications! (You don't have to answer all the rest, or cover all my needless detail.)

Attachments:
File comment: Rooftop Airdrop sandbags in action! But man we replaced them so many times due to one grenade. Half the time from bad throws from our own AI, lol.
2014-10-25_00006.jpg
2014-10-25_00006.jpg [ 189.54 KiB | Viewed 17950 times ]
File comment: Sandbags in action, holding the gate with tank support.
2014-10-24_00001.jpg
2014-10-24_00001.jpg [ 260.7 KiB | Viewed 17950 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:19 am 

Love Air-Dropping some Sandbags on the roofs, helps so much.

Attachments:
File comment: I on the roof to the far right roof, yellow.
2014-10-27_00002.jpg
2014-10-27_00002.jpg [ 188.37 KiB | Viewed 17932 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:12 pm 

Running out of sandbags

Attachments:
File comment: No more cover deploys in the armory.......
No more cover deploys in the armory..........png
No more cover deploys in the armory..........png [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 17921 times ]

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:52 pm 

I dont understand how I should plant sandbags/MG's so that they point to direction i want. 75% of them go to wrong angle and MG's explode. And next to me is DIO planting them with 1mm and 1° accuracy.

Here is one fort we build with DIO. I bet no one can capture that island :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:12 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
.......I bet no one can capture that island :D
So do I.
Btw some grey's tried that....... very pathetic attempts :D

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:35 pm 

On the topic of the original question, I think making sandbags better would be fine for invasion, but not so great for dm/classic/pvp. There's already a defender advantage in this game, and that would just make it larger.

Usually when someone throws a grenade at me and I'm crouching behind a sandbag, I can crawl a little bit (or not move) so that I'm still protected when the grenade lands, and get off a few shots while they're exposed. Unless they're behind cover, I'll probably kill them. That doesn't need to be even stronger than it is now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:00 pm 

halp wrote:
Usually when someone throws a grenade at me and I'm crouching behind a sandbag, I can crawl a little bit (or not move) so that I'm still protected when the grenade lands, and get off a few shots while they're exposed. Unless they're behind cover, I'll probably kill them. That doesn't need to be even stronger than it is now.

Oh yeah I don't mean to suggest they don't work well, or against grenades. It's just they feel... bouncy vs grenades sometimes. Not every time, just far more than one would expect. Also I feel if the Sandbags were just a little more resistant to Grenades it may increase the use and need for rockets.

C'mon, I know we all love firing Rockets into some entrenched troops! Either way they are awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:43 am 

I have been playing with Sandbags a lot more.
Figured this little trick out.
Sand bag on either side of ladder (works great for guarding rear ladder while others fire forward, if needed)
Then mostly safely hide in between and knife all the come up.
If the enemy throw grenades they usually hit their own guys as they try to climb up.
And you can farm officers and get yourself some free Vests by knifing.
I use this set up constantly now. (I prefer Shield as 2nd for this, totally safe from stray bullets)
In this image they are a little farther apart then I would like.
This works really well

Attachments:
2014-10-31_00009.jpg
2014-10-31_00009.jpg [ 202.71 KiB | Viewed 17866 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:36 pm 

'Cause it's Sandbag related

Attachments:
DMP Snadbags.jpg
DMP Snadbags.jpg [ 257.23 KiB | Viewed 17848 times ]