It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:54 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 166

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:17 pm 

so a new patch recently increased the APC's resistance to grenades. Grenades now only do 15% damage to the APC

However it also increased the Carl gustavs damage as well, against both APCs and Tanks

recently while fighting against the German side, Ive noticed that Carl gustavs do around 71% damage to the front of the APC. Isnt this a bit too much? I know before the damage increase was too little, as it was 55% against the front of the armor however I think a 16% increase is too much. Even though grenades were nerfed against APCs, it still means that two grenades will kill you.

Should this be changed? I think it should only do 60% damage at most, but maybe impact grenades should be nerfed to only do 40% instead of 50% damage from the front so that a single player shouldnt be able to take out a apc by himself and make it so that more people carry the Carl gustav around? idk what are your thoughts on the subject?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:58 am 

There is no difference in armor thickness on the different sides of vehicles in RWR.
And, afaik, the damage is also fixed. So as long as the vehicle is within the blast radius the same amount of damage is done.
The APC has a health value of 200, and the Carl Gustav does 120 damage, which would be 60% damage.
Also, impact grenades does 80 damage, which is 40% damage.
So unless you are playing with a mod that changes either vehicle health or explosive damage, I think you might be a bit mistaken about the numbers here.

Basically the difference between the different rocket launchers is that the Carl Gustav has the highest damage and lowest blast radius, the RPG-7 has the highest blast radius but lowest damage, and the M72 LAW is inbetween.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:30 am 

DoomMetal wrote:
There is no difference in armor thickness on the different sides of vehicles in RWR.
And, afaik, the damage is also fixed. So as long as the vehicle is within the blast radius the same amount of damage is done.
The APC has a health value of 200, and the Carl Gustav does 120 damage, which would be 60% damage.
Also, impact grenades does 80 damage, which is 40% damage.
So unless you are playing with a mod that changes either vehicle health or explosive damage, I think you might be a bit mistaken about the numbers here.

Basically the difference between the different rocket launchers is that the Carl Gustav has the highest damage and lowest blast radius, the RPG-7 has the highest blast radius but lowest damage, and the M72 LAW is inbetween.

I think you need to get shot by the germans more

btw last patch impact grenades did 50% damage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:30 am 

Satirical wrote:
I think you need to get shot by the germans more

I think you need to get shot by the Graycollars less. :roll:

Satirical wrote:
btw last patch impact grenades did 50% damage

AFAIK the impact grenades haven't changed in a long while now.

Anyways, the stats don't lie, you can check them yourself in the weapon files if you don't believe me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 am 

you should believe DoomMetal as he is right ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:50 am 

mfw hallucinating or some shit