It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:26 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 94

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:47 am 

So, I was playing some campaign the other day and I picked up a riot shield. I though hey, might as well push the points up, and I noticed that I'm getting xp. Is there a mechanic where if a teammate kills someone near me that was firing at me while I had my shield up, I get points? Cause that is really freaking cool. In other games, riot shields are either too weak, or too strong. In battlefield 4, the shield cool be destroyed real easy, and you don't get points for assisting teammates. You guys got this mechanic down pat. By the way, what are the exact perameters of this mechanic? Like the coding for it or the idea behind it. And also, I honestly think this shield is OP. It's SOOOOO GOOD.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:28 am 

Yes. You DO get a little XP when you provide cover. And honestly it can add up when done right.
(Try providing cover next to someone on an MG, or a sniper on a roof top.)
Phalanx: A Shield wall can help a lot. But it takes practice on the field. But a quick switch back and forth, knowing when to pull your weapon up, can be really handy. Plus, the Shield is available at a low level, so it's a good way to contribute if nothing else is available (Such as during Stealth Operations.)

The Shield is a GREAT way for low ranked players to contribute on the Final Map (Stealth Ops) when they don't have any silenced weapons available.

Attachments:
File comment: Shield work in action.
Phalanx Action.jpg
Phalanx Action.jpg [ 122.97 KiB | Viewed 15428 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Lawgamer411 wrote:
By the way, what are the exact perameters of this mechanic? Like the coding for it or the idea behind it.

If someone protected by your shield makes a kill, the reward coming from the kill is split between you and the shooter. If I remember right, "protected by shield" is just a close range proximity check between the shield carriers and shooters, so it can give you points even if the shooter isn't exactly protected, but hey, at least you're trying :) The split is 50-50.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:01 pm 

I just like having the extra layer of good Co-op Possibilities that the Shield provides.
(I think my Default "LoadOut" is: MP5SD, Shield, Medkit, 2 sandbags, 1 armor on, (1 armor in pack, on occasion) and grenades.

But the shield is becoming more and more used for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 pm 

Yeah, only problem with the shield is that you need to get really close to allies for it to work, but in the other hand, you are easily invincible against enemies if they don't flank you. Btw, isn't it supposed to degrade after a bit from rockets and grenades? Cause I've taken a bunch of grenades to the face with this shield and I've come out fine. Is it supposed to tank grenades like that, or is it just a glitch?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Lawgamer411 wrote:
Yeah, only problem with the shield is that you need to get really close to allies for it to work, but in the other hand, you are easily invincible against enemies if they don't flank you. Btw, isn't it supposed to degrade after a bit from rockets and grenades? Cause I've taken a bunch of grenades to the face with this shield and I've come out fine. Is it supposed to tank grenades like that, or is it just a glitch?

The shield can stop two explosive hits of any type, the second hit causes a stun for the carrier and makes the shield disappear. It used to be just one hit which basically made it worthless given how common grenades are.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:54 pm 

If you crouch people can bipod their machine guns on your head lolll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:13 pm 

Satirical wrote:

That's on purpose :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:13 am 

JackMayol wrote:
Satirical wrote:

That's on purpose :)

me and my friend yesterday were moving up super slow as a MG support team with me as the shield, it was great, pop up bam bam bam bam over my head

its like that scene from black hawk down where a guy with a SAW nearly deafens his friend by shooting the gun right next to his ear kek