It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:35 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 67

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.5 progress
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 am 

yea haha, civilans would be fun, but i think it will be almost impossible to protect them if they will not be in bunker or something, because you know, you just launch a mortar attack or napalm as you said it will trash them all :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 am 

Any news on 0.5, as in release date?
Can not wait :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:39 am 
Site Admin

I wish I can release it the next weekend, but there are somethings that may force me to postpone the release to next week.

The new map will not be completely finished on 0.5, its development will continue over the next versions, but it is included in the release and should provide lots of fun nonetheless. It should actually suit PvP pretty well too, as the bases are mostly in a chain-like formation. Speaking about next versions, I think after 0.5 I can again start making more frequent releases, as 0.5 covers a lot of ground for the new features to be built on.

I just played it the other night with AI and had so much fun taking over a certain block of street and then losing it on a counter attack, and this must have happened at least 3 times in a row. The occasional mortar firings called by the AI on both sides (and me) really added up to the feeling; after the explosions the street would be silent for a second or two until the firefight would carry on with the new guys arriving to the street around the corner. Haha, the area was completely filled with explosion marks on the ground, I can't believe I didn't take a screenshot of that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:27 pm 

Hmm, I can imagine having fun with 0.5 already :).
You've got to put more videos out there, I'm sure the size of this community isn't what it should be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm 

Yeah, the game needs some more coverage. An indie game so awesome shouldn't go unnoticed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, beta 0.5 is out! Re-visit your download links to get the release. Change log coming up soonish!

spillblood wrote:
Yeah, the game needs some more coverage. An indie game so awesome shouldn't go unnoticed.

Yea, I guess RWR will get more coverage in the indie game news sites again, once I get a couple of fresh maps done and the details in place. The sites that covered RWR while in pre-alpha 0.1, must be already pretty bored of the same old look by now.

Also it's probably true that putting out a free-to-play online-enabled version might spark some extra interest. If that's ever going to happen, I'm pretty sure the game needs a server browser first and certain lag compensating features on the online implementation.

I also intended to put RWR on IGF (http://www.igf.com/) in hopes of getting more coverage, but decided to skip it as I couldn't finish the new map before it.

Anyways, I'm concentrating on the maps and fixing AI related issues now, also getting the soldiers on the roofs intrigues me, so expect to see that in 0.55.

I'm also trying to get some people playing for a bigger online match one of these days, also to record some video of such action. If there's any interest for any of you on the forum to join the game, I'll be more than happy to make it public when it's on and how to connect, although I'd recommend it for people living in Finland or Scandinavia, maybe Europe/Western Russia at tops, as the online pretty much depends on very low lag.