It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:07 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 54 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 156

All times are UTC

Post subject: Final map
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:47 pm 

After having played through the campaign many, many times on Hard and even harder custom settings, I was thrilled to learn there was now an extra map at the end of the campaign.

Sadly it is unbeatable on Hard.

I've gained 8 ranks and spent 8,000 RP just trying to destroy that first radio jammer and failed. Not a dent in their endless defenses.
The AI is mostly to blame for this. They simply stop pushing forward once they reach the cliff with the Mortar on top. They jump on the MGs and then just sit around waiting for the enemy to come kick them out. Deploying dozens of MGs and Mortars for support had no significant impact.

It would be a more doable fight if the radio jammer was placed a little further back or if paratroopers were enabled. Also the spawn rate of elite soldiers is aggrevating, as a stealthy approach requires being able to one-shot-kill your enemies.

Not a single tactic seems to pay off.

This map has given me nothing but hours of frustration instead of fun on Hard. So I can either play a boring campaign on Less Hard to beat it or play a good campaign on Hard that is then impossible to ever finish.

Post subject: Re: Final map
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:14 pm 

I'm glad you are frustrated (haha sorry), but we really want to make this one a tough nut to crack. I tested it myself a few times and it was indeed very hard but I manage to win it.
If of course noone manage to win it (right before the release I actually made it even easier than what I initially planned to release), we'd reduce the difficulty but don't expect it to be something you'll win in 15 minutes ;)
I could give you a few tipps which could eventually make your life easier:

Spoiler:
try to destroy the mortar ammunition crate (it's either outside the castle near the radio jammer or near the radio tower at the south part of the map) as it lowers the number of enemies by 3 which is not much but it can definitely help).
If you destroy the AA emplacement (which is wise to do before the radio jammer inside the castle), your commander drops a few 8x paratroopers so that you have a noticeable boost of allies until the over capacity is killed by the enemy. Seized this opportunity to push like crazy. For myself I try to cut the reinforcement of the enemies at the eastern part of this castle "islands", if I manage to do so, my allies might have enough power to take the castle base and then you proceed to the next phase which is easier.
With a vest and a riot shield you might achieve to enter the castle even before you destroyed the AA. Don't forget the C4 though, it happened to me more than once that I managed to enter the castle and realizing it was all for nothing as I don't have C4 on me :)
You could also try to rush to the castle entrance with the humvee. With a bit of luck you might do it, I did already myself.

Post subject: Re: Final map
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't tested it with the final settings myself, but I'm with you that the castle part was immensely difficult even with easy, just a few days before the update went out :D Nice to receive some feels and feedback about the final map.

My personal mistake playing it was clearly a strategical one, though. The better approach is so obvious, at least when you see Jack play the map in coop haha :)

I'm not too sure what to do about it quite yet, maybe the commander could give you an obvious hint what basically needs to be done to win the castle part, or maybe suggest that after a while into "phase 2".