It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:07 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 31

All times are UTC

Post subject: Profile reset discussion
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 pm 

We were thinking about making a profile reset soon while implementing the server profile share. At least this would be an option and being the easiest.
I wanted to make a profile reset latest for 1.0 anyway but of course we wouldn't do it without informing you first and also to get feedback about what you are thinking.
The old profiles would be backed up so that they would be visible for someone if they would want to have a look at how good they were or to brag about their "general of the army" level ;)

Some veterans might freak out so ya, we are not too sure. We could add visual support so that the name of a vet would be golden/silver/bronze depending on the rank he had before profile reset or something.

For myself as a player I wouldn't care to have to restart from scratch and it's not like it take ages to get to a high rank (there's not much you can unlock after 5000 XP anyway). But I am an old-school player from time where you didnt have achievements, rankings, "hats" and such stuff so it's hard to tell if the "modern" player would share the same opinion about a profile reset or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:56 pm 

Ooops, I read that as "Profile Reset Decision" and deleted the profile folder for {SAS} Invasion. My Bad!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:01 pm 

In my opinoin general reset of all profiles upon entering 1.0 would be good idea. Hell! I had this recently so I can say that it does NOT HURT really. Loosing my nick would hurt badly, but not profile reset ^^

Beside after 10000xp there is litelary nothing more into game. You have everything.

Personaly I would go even farther - reset profiles automatically each January 1st! But hey! That is only my opinion and feelings! If You are to tied up to Your stats You can have them for me and hog on them! After all it was Your hard work to get them in first place!

As for some fancy golden/silver/bronze addition for veterans... I think it is bad idea. Why? After general profiles reset everybody should start from same place - from zero, and there should be nothing that is left to pollute new atmosphere. I mean... Reason of reset is to bring everything down and start from scratch. So maybe it will be better to simply not make profiles resets if people will be generally against it?

What would be nice, is possiblity to unlock those visual addition by aquiring high ranks! Oh yes! That would be awesome! I can only imagine how cute it would be to have all the time pink nick! Just look - Modest - isn't it cute? ^^' Ewectr once said that all the time that He meets me in RWR I am pink - and actually it does happens to me very often to be that colour - so I want pink! Not gold! Not platinium! Not bronze! PINK! PINK! PINK!!! So if option of having coloured names will be dominant one amongs veterans, than I just said it - regardles of my rank, I WANT PINK!!! Or otherwise I will be Running With Rainbow not rifles as you want me to be running :P.

All right. I just hope I managed to make somebody laught with that message :) Better now go - I have to contact my psyhiatrist ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:20 am 

I think a total reset is fine. I've played games that have periodic resets (2 weeks, monthly, whatever), which is nice for creating a competition to "win" the reset, and makes it so that noobs don't feel like they're totally outclassed. One reset for a game release definitely shouldn't be a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:37 am 

But before that, fix the rp farming exploit that i mailed pasik about.

I've seen some people drop up to 15 tanks, so its probably was discovered by several players.

Quote:
What would be nice, is possiblity to unlock those visual addition by aquiring high ranks! Oh yes! That would be awesome! I can only imagine how cute it would be to have all the time pink nick! Just look - Modest - isn't it cute? ^^' Ewectr once said that all the time that He meets me in RWR I am pink - and actually it does happens to me very often to be that colour - so I want pink! Not gold! Not platinium! Not bronze! PINK! PINK! PINK!!! So if option of having coloured names will be dominant one amongs veterans, than I just said it - regardles of my rank, I WANT PINK!!! Or otherwise I will be Running With Rainbow not rifles as you want me to be running

I think visual changes is a cool idea and it would be nice to be able to acquire different outfits (like those that officers have - rambo etc). Either for RP or XP. I mean look at CS:GO and TF2. Its trending.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:53 am 

JackMayol wrote:
Some veterans might freak out so ya, we are not too sure. We could add visual support so that the name of a vet would be golden/silver/bronze depending on the rank he had before profile reset or something.

I'm not freaking out, lol. But I wouldn't mind this^ maybe or something it'd be kind of neat. Yet when it came to Steam I started over again anyway. :P

Is this just for "Official Servers" I take it?
Just make sure you post it on Steam too, wouldn't want another "sale" incident. hahahaha

When's the date?

And after, hopefully, we'll be able to have a "persistent" online profile across all servers?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:11 am 

Opt_0 wrote:
JackMayol wrote:

I'm not freaking out, lol. But I wouldn't mind this^ maybe or something it'd be kind of neat. Yet when it came to Steam I started over again anyway. :P

Is this just for "Official Servers" I take it?
Just make sure you post it on Steam too, wouldn't want another "sale" incident. hahahaha

When's the date?

And after, hopefully, we'll be able to have a "persistent" online profile across all servers?

I'd have to agree, I'm getting a little nostalgic and wanting to be that low rank again and receiving new amounts of squadmates and weapons. Although it will make me sad on the basis of all my work and kills 8-) gone. I'm a little mixed with my opinion but I mainly side with reseting accounts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:47 am 

I will add something... As I said I am all for profiles reset, and I would personaly go farther by making resets periodicaly (once per year). But there is something that I would consider very important here. I don't know how others feels about that, maybe they will agree, maybe they will not.

Opt_0
Quote:
When's the date?

I would greatly discourage You from doing it this way:

"All right! We have new update! Today game reached version 1.0 and so all Your profiles are resetted!"

Insted I would like to encourage You to do this in that way:

"All right! We have new update! Today game reached version 1.0. Expect all Your profiles to be resetted exacly in XXX time (days preferably). Have fun burning all Your RP before reset will occure!"

Also it would be preferable to post this kind of information both - here and on Steam, so that nobody will be able to claim lack of information on that matter.

Giving us time before reset will occure will not only allow many of us to put in use all that accumulated RP (I can imagine some will do lot's of crazy stuff just for fun), but it also will give some "community testing time" to point out any eventuall bugs and issues (like mentioned by Zed RP Farming Exploit) before profiles reset would occure.

Lastly - if that will be done on specific date and time, it may cause some kind of celebration when many players will wait for it and log on just when it occures to start playing with "fresh" profiles as soon as it will be possible ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:29 pm 

Noooo, I've spent 384 hours to colect my 100 P90 and 900k XP :C

Anyway, maybe its good idea. But it makes me think if I have motivation to start from zero to gain all the things again... And imagine noob who has finally gained his first 1000xp to start from 0 again :D:D:D

At least make statue to memorium for all our "veterans" :D

And yeah, tell before you will reset so we can spent our RP's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:57 am 

Modest wrote:
In my opinoin general reset of all profiles upon entering 1.0 would be good idea. Loosing my nick would hurt badly, but not profile reset ^^

Yeah I DON'T want to lose my in-game name, so yeah let us know so we an get in right away.
And also I've made a lot of good battle buddies and I'd like to still be able to clearly identify them in the battles to come.

Street Veteran wrote:
Noooo, I've spent 384 hours to colect my 100 P90 and 900k XP :C

Anyway, maybe its good idea. But it makes me think if I have motivation to start from zero to gain all the things again... And imagine noob who has finally gained his first 1000xp to start from 0 again :D:D:D

At least make statue to memorium for all our "veterans" :D

And yeah, tell before you will reset so we can spent our RP's.

I think it'll be funny to start over again and come on after some way newer guys and be "lower ranked" then them and have them try to tell us how to play. Although it is funny how much some newer guys really consider the server score and rank to be the defining feature. I play with high and low ranks, and it always comes down to their skill and situational awareness.

Even you Street Vet, I know you're score went way beyond my own, but I like knowing you're on the field because you know how to handle yourself. And I've met and added a few new guys to my "friends list" because they play well and with some level of obvious tactical abilities.

I wish I could suggest a special color for "Early Access/Beta Tester" but I know that would include a majority of the people that have recently picked it up on Steam, technically. Oh well, as long as WE know each others' skills and abilities. Can I say Vets?

Anyway, maybe a yearly reset, or bi-annual reset or something WOULD be good. So people don't get too reliant on their "Scores and Rank". But I guess as more Hosted Servers open up it won't really matter.