It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:45 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 56 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 113

All times are UTC

Post subject: PvP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:04 am 

After my first legitimate PvP session today (remember weekly Sunday PvP sessions; we had 11 tops while Invasion still had 26+ players), here are my thoughts:

1. There needs to be a PvP campaign. The Invasion campaign just doesn't fit PvP's system.

PvP seems to need linear campaign maps since you can't back cap or stealth cap other objectives
- A fix for this is to increase the bot density and amount so all bases are occupied.
The maps that are successful in PvP are KeepSake Bay (due to the linearity of the map), Fridge Valley, Rattlesnake, Vigil Island, Power Junction (Best map for PvP).

Power Junction is the best PvP map because it forces 3 factions to engage in one central area where one side won't be completely dominant or over whelming. Matches last fairly long. In the other maps listed, some bases (and starting locations) are heavily imbalanced with one side having a huge advantage (spawn wise, vantage points, distance, choke points, cover, and better vehicle access). Some factions start off as defending and slowly retreating as you lose bases.

In Invasion, people have incentives to play. You rank up and earn RP which makes it rewarding for those who play more. In PvP, your rank and RP doesn't carry over. There is no incentive to continually play. Every time you play there needs to be an incentive of playing in PvP without ruining game balance.
-Suggestions: Skins when you rank up, New weapons (same or minor tweaks, ex; silenced m16)

Btw: GREENBELTS CAPTURED AND HELD POWER JUNCTION AGAINST DIO'S BROWNPANTS AND SHATNER'S GREYCOATS

Post subject: Re: PvP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 am 

This evening I played three times at map 9 and now I'm sure - adding this particular map in PVP maps isn't the best decision. Map is huge, even when we are ~10 people, also the most important thing - since the one of the factions(not sure which one exactly) starts with ~7-8 bases, they always have an advantage in the number of the combat vehicles, so greens(or any other fraction) can't do much about..... in short this mean they'll fail almost always(and three times we lost pretty quickly).

I also got the impression that the faction which starts from Research facility/Docks is in the worst position, because there are not many places to hide on their way to Power Junction, even if they could hold the base.

The best map that I played was Vigil Island - open base, many places to get cover, easy to maneuvers, good balance of the man power, so you can quickly conquer the base. Nothing isn't certain, even if the faction which hold in that moment Airfield thinks it is.
Well....... in fact, I don't know what think on the matter players who were gray on this map

I noticed a some kind of bug as far as I saw - a few times bots were stranded around some positions on the map - they ran in place, circled, but they could not moving forward. It was different from when in their way have a barrier(like some vehicles or some kind).

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.