It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:18 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 96

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:50 pm 

Feel free to share what was good and what not so much.

- Personally I think the radar tank was a good thing, much more enjoyable in such a session than the radar truck, even if some newbies used to drive it into the enemy lines and lose it.
- We have this stalmates, we'll have to do something against this. I still don't think that allowing to capture all the bases how it was formerly would be better but we need a solution. One might be to lower the number of bases in PvP.
- We had a lot of M79 and snipers but I think it was fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:01 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
Feel free to share what was good and what not so much.

- Personally I think the radar tank was a good thing, much more enjoyable in such a session than the radar truck, even if some newbies used to drive it into the enemy lines and lose it.
#Didnt have much experience, but it looks cool and it killed me few times.
- We have this stalmates, we'll have to do something against this. I still don't think that allowing to capture all the bases how it was formerly would be better but we need a solution. One might be to lower the number of bases in PvP.
Maybe have 2 objectives to capture at the same time?
- We had a lot of M79 and snipers but I think it was fine.
Kill them if you dont like them :D

Would be intresting to know how many players would have join in if the server limit of 64 does not excist.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:43 pm 

Overall, the weapons in my opinion are balanced and fair. Snipers were best when defending objectives but when use in CQB or when assaulting, you were at a huge disadvantage.

M79s were a way to get people to stop camping or build momentum. I think the M79 is fine the way it is now. If people thought it was overpowered, a simple solution is to lower range.

Overall, the only thing to fix in PvP is having maps optimized for PvP.
I personally like PvP better than invasion due to the difficulty factor (which I think is why some people like Invasion over PvP because PvP is intimidating) and I personally love the timed zone capture maps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:17 am 

I thought it was overall fun, but the stalemate was there for some time(which is expected). Maybe some smaller maps like vigil island or power factory(if thats the name) without the king of the hill objective would be nice. Although the smaller maps give the vibe of team deathmatch to some including me, so I'm pretty mixed about this :|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:17 am 

One issue I just ran across (and just rage quit) was Fridge Valley.

Green bases: East Base; West Camp
Defend East Base; Cap West Base

Grey bases: West Base; East Camp
Defend West Base; Cap East Base

After a few minutes, the greens decided to all spawn in East Base to assault East camp. Eventually, after a long time, the greys are pushed back to South Trench. East Camp and South Trench are not captured. After a dragged out tug of war, the Greens decided to mass assault and flank West Base. Green captures Westbase. Obj: Defend East Base; Capture West Camp. West camp is captured then the OBJ is to capture East camp. Greens spawn at East base to capture East camp, loses West camp. OBJ is to capture West Camp and defend East base.

With 11 people in the server, this was getting nowhere.

TL;DR
This is the biggest glaring issue of PvP. Linear OBJ capturing and maps are meant for PvPing since stealthing and backcapping are disabled. Either have maps that are linear or with less OBJ to capture.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:41 am 

A lot of snipers and M79s (myself included), but they didn't seem too overpowered. Maybe the M79 could cost a bit more, but with it and the snipers you're out of luck if you don't have supporting friendlies.

I feel like the machine guns could use quite a bit more accuracy. I didn't really notice anyone using them in the match.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:29 am 

RunningWithOutRifles wrote:
One issue I just ran across (and just rage quit) was Fridge Valley.

Ah yes, this is indeed annoying and shouldn't happen. Gonna have a look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:25 pm 

Too bad I was tired and didn't sayed longer, but I was really nearly sleeping while sitting and playing... Nevertheless I do have some things to say.

Sniper rifles are well ballanced. Yes - they are devastating when somebody finds nice posision and is defending it. But on other hand it is weakest weapon when used for offence. Low rate of fire, need precision aiming (or great luck) and reloads are very long. Perfect for support and defence, weak on offence. Good balance.

M79 in my opinion is too cheap currently. I would rise up it's price a bit. Not too much though. 10RP? I don't know really... Definietly such weapon as that is needed, and it is needed with it's firepower. Or maybe... If that would be possible - make kills made by M79 not give any RP, or give very small portion of it. But don't change it's purely combat stats - those are by all means good.

As for maps - I agree with suggestion made before that it might be nice to allow more than one base to capture at one time. But not all of them. Maybe one on front lines, and one deep behind enemy territory for backdoorers?

Anyway - It had been fun! I hope that many people watched it and will consider to buy RWR and join us! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 pm 

It was allot of fun ! hope we can have more pvp events. :)