It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:04 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 56 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 204

All times are UTC

Post subject: Singleplayer never ends?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 pm 

I've been noticing that it just seems impossible to break through to the next way-point at some point. I could kill literally hundreds of men every time I spawn by locking down an area from a strategic point, but my allies will not rush in, and in the rare case they do actually attempt to capture the point, it will shortly be flooded with the enemy team's troops. I've been noticing a trend, and that is that my allies simply will stop spawning or advancing if the enemy team is losing.

How do you finish a campaign when the AI simply will not progress?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Where are you in the campaign, i.e. which map is it, how many maps have you completed so far, and which settings (Less hard / Hard / something customized) did you use when you started it?

There are some situations during the campaign, at least when playing with Hard settings, where the easier way to progress is by attacking another base with your own squad while your faction's main attack party attacks at the red marker shown in the map view. Such a move may require you to use some paratroopers as backup to help capture the base and hold it once it's yours.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:16 pm 

Well I bought this game close to when it first came out, and have played it at what I would roughly call 3 periods of time since now. When I first played it I could turn the tide of battles by simply killing many men and holding a position while my guys pushed forward, and then I would move to another advantageous spot. But then I stopped playing for a while and when I came back I noticed I couldn't influence the battle much anymore on maps 2 and 3 (map 1 was still winnable). I noticed that my guys simply did not advance much. I saw large amounts of men just waiting for something to happen. I got frustrated never being able to finish a game among other problems and quit for a while. I started playing again now and am once again noticing that clearing the area we are suppose to be capturing and keeping it cleared for a long period of time only makes the grey team (I'm on green) flood in while you hardly see your own team, and MAYBE the green team will run in and occupy the area but before the timer ticks down the grey team floods the area and takes it back.

This is on the first level on hard. I was thinking about bringing a squad with me to attack a different post, but it seems I have to grind in order to obtain a squad large enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Micro102 wrote:
This is on the first level on hard. I was thinking about bringing a squad with me to attack a different post, but it seems I have to grind in order to obtain a squad large enough.

I don't remember the first level being quite that difficult with Hard, usually it tends to complete in around 30-90 minutes with the friendly AI doing most of the work. Certainly you shouldn't need to have a squad / radio to complete the first level. We'll give it a test too, will report back.

Maybe try playing with Less Hard or something between that and Hard? Difficulty only gets harder when you progress, so if the first level isn't working out, it's not much of a chance the rest will.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:10 pm 

Well I was capable of eventually beating it. Maybe I just wasn't camping the right spots at first? I also learned to love deployable cover.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Micro102 wrote:
Well I was capable of eventually beating it. Maybe I just wasn't camping the right spots at first? I also learned to love deployable cover.

Nice! You'll like the deployable cover even more in the next version when it's HP is back to what it should be :D A wrong value slipped in to 0.99.5 which was used to test the destruction effect more rapidly.

And yeah, now that you reminded about it, we also tried Hard campaign with Keepsake Bay being the first map and it seemed to function in pretty much the expected way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 am 

Well, been beating all the campaign on hard mode and only have one level left (lower left of the map, with the bridge and patrol boat). However it's nearly impossible and after playing so much I am starting to see how they artificially make it harder, and it bothers me as it's too obvious.

First off, it seems that the enemy just spawns with either extra equipment or more health and base accuracy. My guys are drooling idiots who spray an pray while the enemy are responsive and snipe you with shotguns from an entire screen away. It just seems like most of the enemies on the last map have vests and high accuracy/power rifles.

Second, they simply have more men. You can camp a rooftop and end up killing 50 guys by yourself, and then another 50 will come in to replace them, but meanwhile maybe 10 of your guys will run in, die, and then wait until you've killed another 50. The chance to take a location comes in when the planets align and your men decide to come in a large group and the enemy team just got wasted and haven't had the chance to reinforce.

Third. The brown team at the bottom of the map. Their sole purpose seems to be to wait until you actually start beating the grey team, then jump in and capture the bridge screwing up your spawn points and forcing you to start all over again. Your team cannot capture the white holdings without you, and they cannot defend against the brown team without you. The brown team does not attempt to take the white's land at any time, even when you let white push into your territory. I have also sabotaged browns fuel tanks and radio tower, but they seem capable of repairing them?!?! Attacking them is futile as they have 100 men crammed together in there and you can at most bring 10 and even though it would be very beneficial, the AI thinks that we should try to attack white again, even though it hasn't worked for the 20th time now.

So yeah I hate how in order to increase the difficulty, the game has to magically give the team that is on their last plot of land more, better equipped and trained soldiers and have the brown pants sole purpose be to sit there until they can cause trouble for us.

Any tips on how to beat this nightmare would be appreciated.... I may have to start just letting the enemy take our home land so we can all spawn somewhere else and then maybe the AI will decide to attack somewhere intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Can you send your savegame to support@modulaatio.com? I could check if it's behaving as we'd expect it to.

Go to %appdata%\Running with rifles\savegames (or press Manage in file browser in Continue game menu) and zip your campaign savegame folder and attach it in the e-mail message.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:12 pm 

Alright, I sent the email. I would like to add one more thing though. This map has always been a pain to complete, more so than the others. Not in single player, but in multiplayer as well. Playing it last on hard difficulty probably is bringing it out of range of at least my capabilities.