It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 30

All times are UTC

Post subject: reported a scammer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:29 am 

So a person by the name of BLACKARROW reportedly said he have 2 Lahtis. I asked him if I could buy one or two. He originally said they are both not for sale. But I was able to eventually persuade him to sell me one at 35 thousand, he became generous enough to say that 30 thousand is enough. I then talked to him about how the distance between the stash and the armory makes it not safe for me to carry that sum of cash. But, he insist that I do it. So with no choice, I complied and took the risky move of transporting 100 stacks of 300s back to the nearest stash which is hundreds meters away. When I gave him the sum, he said his game froze and disconnected.

https://youtu.be/LfEG8P_jT98

Conversation starts at 0:34 Seconds

Excerpt at 1:10
“BLACKARROW: S**T SORRY
BLACKARROW: GAME FROZE
Disconnects…”
Left before I can tell him to take his time.

So ok, if the game froze, why would you be able type that and then disconnect? Seems like he was making an excuse for him to ditch with the sum. So I waited for him for 10 minutes, he never came back, so I recorded the whole conversation, most of the people online witness the conversation, notably GAMEBOB who was the first to question my deal (1:18). So I decide to disconnect and check the RWR forum server list to see when he gets back online, about 10 minutes after I left, he was back on. So I went back online too to see what’s up. He then dramatically said he gotta give me the weapon, and then came up with the excuse to go get popcorn and disconnected again. He ditched a second time. I recorded that conversation.

So ok, now I have 2 proofs.

And it became more hilarious. He is really making himself look dumb and sad. I don’t know why he would pull this and expect getting away from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09gEDxmryjQ&feature=youtu.be

Excerpt:
“BLACKARROW: IS REFRIGER ONLINE I NEED TO GIVE HIM A LAHTI
BLACKARROW: OOHHHHH…….GOTTA GET POPCORN!!!!
BLACKARROW:S**T
Disconnects”
lmao, this is idiotically hilarious.

I ask Pasik and Jack, please reimburse me 30 thousand in lost funds and deal justice to the fullest extent. In fact, I am being more active online recently and would hate to see a person that scams as it would not just harm me but the whole community. Such an actions deserves a permanent IP ban.

For those who criticize and say that I should’ve not dropped the money first. It is customary that the buyer drop the objects first and the seller last. I have always done trading like this because RWR was supposed to be a community of trust and safety, but this incident has eroded that trust and sent a scar to the RWR community and forced e to rethink this policy. This form of trading was supposed to be convenient so that there no tense moments where there could be suspected foul play.

Last edited by RefrigerRaider on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: REPORTING A SCAMMER
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:59 pm 

I think when trading big amounts of cash you should use a middleman. Ask someone with a lot of played time to act as an exchange mechanism.
Trust has to be earned, you shouldn't trust a random person on the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm 

judging my his ways and planning, he may not seem mature. I think he may be another 10 year old like MADCAT. such preteen level of thinking and judgment is obvious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:33 pm 

To be honest here, why should the devs reimburse you for something you did out of, frankly, your own stupidity? :/ RWR isn't just made of up the honest and nice people you meet all the time - it's made up of the rest of the internet, and you should never have high expectations of the internet. I've come to expect humanity and vat of vile stupidity and trickery - you have to prove to me that you don't belong there.

If you want reliability, go with the old vets in the game (me, bread, a bunch of others) are pretty honest and upfront.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:49 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
To be honest here, why should the devs reimburse you for something you did out of, frankly, your own stupidity? :/ RWR isn't just made of up the honest and nice people you meet all the time - it's made up of the rest of the internet, and you should never have high expectations of the internet. I've come to expect humanity and vat of vile stupidity and trickery - you have to prove to me that you don't belong there.

If you want reliability, go with the old vets in the game (me, bread, a bunch of others) are pretty honest and upfront.

I am a victim, I should not be shamed for it. I trade almost everyday, out of all my rwr career, this was the first time it happened to me. 1 out of about 100 transaction. I applaud the devs for being very responsive. I came up with the TK list of shame to help assist them in dealing unfairness, if i didnt, they would still probably be out there today, my effort helped make them get dealt with sooner and I take credit for helping contribute to make RWR safer and more fun.

That would be like saying why would the devs help us get rid of those serial team killers if we could just join another server or avoid him. that is not assistance, the devs proved this by being decisive in their dealings and i expect it is their utmost responsibility to assist the players like this.

Not to mention, I AM a paid customer after all and I expect the level of customer service provided to all fair players who encountered difficulties. It is an obligation by the people in charge to provide this kind of assistance.

now excuse me, i must go back to enjoy the game. and also, i just added another person on the shame list. I am not obligated to do that, i dont have to, but i care alot for the community to provide that kind of help and makes devs easier in dealing with these people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:01 am 

my primary goal is to have the scammer punished. I really hope reimbursement is possible but that is secondary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 am 

Sorry for your loss. I know that nobody asked me, but you willingly gave away your items and on what grounds should devs. reimburse you? I don't even know if this game has any terms of service/use but he literally didn't DO anything, except taking your items (money). Looter is not exactly the same as killing for loot because nothing prevents players from taking loot from the ground. If he was leading you far away to kill you and then take your items without you giving them to him, then I guess it would be a different story.

This exact same thing happened to me years ago when I played World of Warcraft. Back then I didn't even know for the term "scam", and a person promised me a code for a special item that can be claimed on the web site for in game gold. Needless to say what happened. I learned my lesson.

However, didn't you pay attention to his play time and overall score?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:08 am 

sivistojko wrote:
Sorry for your loss. I know that nobody asked me, but you willingly gave away your items and on what grounds should devs. reimburse you? I don't even know if this game has any terms of service/use but he literally didn't DO anything, except taking your items (money). Looter is not exactly the same as killing for loot because nothing prevents players from taking loot from the ground. If he was leading you far away to kill you and then take your items without you giving them to him, then I guess it would be a different story.

This exact same thing happened to me years ago when I played World of Warcraft. Back then I didn't even know for the term "scam", and a person promised me a code for a special item that can be claimed on the web site for in game gold. Needless to say what happened. I learned my lesson.

However, didn't you pay attention to his play time and overall score?

Did you read through the whole thing? This has nothing to do it looting, I did not give the it away. I was doing a trade. Instead, he ran off.

Because this behavior is griefing, premeditated griefing.

If someone like this can do something like this and get away with it, then they will keep doing it. Rules are in place to prevent something like this.

Scamming is akin to teamkilling.

The community has failed to help. instead of siding with the victim, they blame the victim.

so ok, if people can pull stuff off like this and get away with it, are you guys implying this type of conduct is legal? that cheating someone by taking their stuff and run in a trade is legal? if so, then why would there be trading, why have i been doing this all along? of all the times i conducted trading i couldve just did the same thing, take the money and run. Being able to earn over 100 thousand RP through hard effort fair trading, i couldve just always take money and run off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:13 am 

sivistojko wrote:
on what grounds should devs. reimburse you?

Because its griefing, so youre saying that if he fired me with a rocket or fragged me and took the money and ran is scamming but deliberately lying instead is not? Its no different then getting fired at with a rocket deliberately and taken the stuff anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:43 am 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
sivistojko wrote:
on what grounds should devs. reimburse you?

Because its griefing, so youre saying that if he fired me with a rocket or fragged me and took the money and ran is scamming but deliberately lying instead is not? Its no different then getting fired at with a rocket deliberately and taken the stuff anyway.

I was merely stating the fact that you willingly dropped items, he took them and logged off. End of story.

Problem with your side of the story is that he didn't hinder your game-play experience in any way what so ever. Saying that he will give you anything is hardly a crime. If he killed you and you dropped items unintentionally, which resulted in your loss, would be a different situation upon which devs could maybe do something (like they deactivated certain accounts for team killing). But anyway, I hope you get your items back, and be really smart next time. Because this is all your fault, he didn't push the buttons for you, you did it all yourself. I am NOT promoting scamming or any sort of foul play. If somebody is a mean person but his/her actions do not affect other players experience in a bad way, is not necessarily a punishable thing.