It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:53 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 35

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: REPORTING A SCAMMER
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:27 am 

DeltaV11.2 wrote:
RefrigerRaider wrote:
DeltaV11.2 wrote:
-snip quote

you truly dont know whats going on. yes, i threatened him. there are many interpretations of a threat. but a threat is generally interpreted as intention to cause serious harm. threatening to kill someone is far different than threatening to have someones misdeeds get punished if he simply comply and return the funds or proceed with the trade.

but not in the way you accused me seems like you defined a threat as trying to cause serious or dangerous harm to someone. what i told him this to say that he could be punished with a ban for his action. I actually dont want him to comply and make him not regret what he did so action by devs could be taken against him. so me doing that was trying to actually GIVE HIM A CHANCE so that he wont face actions by the devs.

plus, you seriously dont know the trading going on. let me tell you this, before the lahti and the mg42, when the barrett and the microgun were newly released, prices for those guns were high. you can see forum posts of how people trade for those weapons in tens of thousands of rp, now they arent worth that much anymore because the hype is gone and newer weapons are released. go check yourself.

http://www.runningwithrifles.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2589&hilit=micro

"I threatened him, but it's not like I really threatened him. I only told him I would 'say it never happened if he gave me the lahti' in order to help him. It's not me trying to threaten him into giving me the lahti, really!" Yeah you can just say that. Doesn't hold water with me. Also I like how you just claimed you didn't threaten him, and then when I provided evidence, admitted you did.

I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking about the present. Right now, you are selling Lahti for 70K- or actually, you're not selling, because nobody is buying at that price. I've seen Lahti sell for 50-40k in practice, as an upper limit. You were buying from Blackarrow at 30K, you full well know the actual acceptable market price for a Lahti.
RefrigerRaider wrote:
The Soldier wrote:
-snip quote-

in this case, you can criticize my misactions. the funds i lost fortunately is miniscule. i in fact previously lost about 17k worth of goods from enemy mortar and gone inactive for weeks for a time out of frustration, the fact that something worse happened again and i was able to keep composure shows im more resistant. i mean i just recuperated 1/3 of what i lost in one day, so i dont really mind the loss.

all i want to do is see him getting punished, because hes now online acting so arrogant and douchey that to not punish him is just wrong.

If verbally abusing someone and chasing them around from days while posting online to get them banned is keeping your compusure, I would hate to see what you losing your composure looks like.

thats because you lead me into a deliberate vague wording that seems like its trying to prove im lying but in fact im not. generally a threat means to cause serious bodily harm, like "im gonna find you and kill you". because a threat can mean many things from threatening to kill to threatening to threatening to not to pay if he shows proof. you manipulated it to make it say i threatened in the wrong interpretation since by keeping the wording vague, you could say i threatened, which have multiple interpretations and meanings. but had you been speific and said i threatened to kill him, you wouldnt have the leverage to delegitamitize me, you forced me to accept a lie that twisted the truth. and it is deliberate, so you too are somewhat of a griefer but i dont have time for you.you troll,you only been on this forum just half hour ago. i dont know why you are here anyway as this incident has nothing to do with you. quit wasting your time.

by verbally abusing, do you mean in an evil way or a meaningful way? because your wording seems deliberate to cause misinterpretation and cause confusion to actually side the scammer whos clearly deserves action. i recorded the entire conversation transcript the moment i logged in till logged out (will post later) to confront blackarrow after like iafter seeing him online in the server list. you know his arrogant behavior correlates to his scheme. of course you are going to be angry at people, but i kept composure and not hurl actually insults and swearing all over the place.

stop shaming the victim, i heard that people sell those between 50-70k from people before(for the lahti not mg42 since thats much rarer). so you and i are similar in getting reports. but for that part, its not really scamming to buy at 30k as theres no set price for trade officiall, ACTUAL SCAMMING would be ME running off with the lahti or pay him at scrap value of 1.2k,something that HE did! dont deny it. 30 thousand is a ton of rp already, prices for theses rare goods are not set officially, but they compared to scrap values, it is already dozens times higher. he wouldve been well off anyway

and stop trying to delegitimitize my report, it gets you no where and i made alot of points to counter all your misleading attacks. why arent you defending all the things i rebutted from you. because ive proved they to be invalid. save your time and mine. i just want him to get punished by devs, although getting reimbursed is priority too, i dont care about that anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:08 am 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
DeltaV11.2 wrote:
-snip quote-

thats because you lead me into a deliberate vague wording that seems like its trying to prove im lying but in fact im not. generally a threat means to cause serious bodily harm, like "im gonna find you and kill you". because a threat can mean many things from threatening to kill to threatening to threatening to not to pay if he shows proof. you manipulated it to make it say i threatened in the wrong interpretation since by keeping the wording vague, you could say i threatened, which have multiple interpretations and meanings. but had you been speific and said i threatened to kill him, you wouldnt have the leverage to delegitamitize me, you forced me to accept a lie that twisted the truth. and it is deliberate, so you too are somewhat of a griefer but i dont have time for you.you troll,you only been on this forum just half hour ago. i dont know why you are here anyway as this incident has nothing to do with you. quit wasting your time.

by verbally abusing, do you mean in an evil way or a meaningful way? because your wording seems deliberate to cause misinterpretation and cause confusion to actually side the scammer whos clearly deserves action. i recorded the entire conversation transcript the moment i logged in till logged out (will post later) to confront blackarrow after like iafter seeing him online in the server list. you know his arrogant behavior correlates to his scheme. of course you are going to be angry at people, but i kept composure and not hurl actually insults and swearing all over the place.

stop shaming the victim, i heard that people sell those between 50-70k from people before(for the lahti not mg42 since thats much rarer). so you and i are similar in getting reports. but for that part, its not really scamming to buy at 30k as theres no set price for trade officiall, ACTUAL SCAMMING would be ME running off with the lahti or pay him at scrap value of 1.2k,something that HE did! dont deny it. 30 thousand is a ton of rp already, prices for theses rare goods are not set officially, but they compared to scrap values, it is already dozens times higher. he wouldve been well off anyway

and stop trying to delegitimitize my report, it gets you no where and i made alot of points to counter all your misleading attacks. why arent you defending all the things i rebutted from you. because ive proved they to be invalid. save your time and mine. i just want him to get punished by devs, although getting reimbursed is priority too, i dont care about that anymore.

Yes, I did deliberately entrap you in a lie. I did it because I expected that you would be dishonest when I said that you threatened him, and that therefore I could show how you were acting in regards to this matter. I can't see how my using the word threat could possibly have done that. Saying to somebody "do this or you will be banned" is unambiguously a threat, and you knew what you said. I did not frame the meaning of threat as that of physical harm, this is entirely your construction in order to try and get out of having lied. You threatened him with being banned. Your increasing anger and incoherencey does not really speak to your character. I am here because I'm such a foolish person so as to believe in justice(I wonder if anyone will get the reference...). I feel that what you're doing with regards to Blackarrow is wrong, so I choose to fight against it.

I have no idea what you mean by "in an evil way or a meaningful way" with regards to verbal abuse. Verbal abuse is throwing insults and personal attacks at another individual- which is part of what you did.

Shaming the victim would be saying that you "deserved" what happened to you, that you brought it upon yourself. This is not what I am doing. Rather, I'm saying that your own previous actions are of a similar character to his, and that both, while perhaps morally reprehensible, are not of the sort that should be enforced within a game. Scamming is taking advantage of another person's lack of knowledge in order to make money off of them. Buying a rare much lower than or selling it much higher than the typical market rate is scamming because you as a participant know what this rate is- and therefore by attempting such a sale you are deliberately exploiting the other party's lack of knowledge.

What of your points have I not responded to? Bring them up if you think you have a strong argument. I am deligitimizing your report because A: I feel it is illegitimate and B: because I feel your actions constitute the sort of thing that one should actually be reported for. Blackarrow should not be punished for this, but I feel that you perhaps should be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:26 am 

DeltaV11.2 wrote:
RefrigerRaider wrote:
DeltaV11.2 wrote:
-snip quote-

Yes, I did deliberately entrap you in a lie. I did it because I expected that you would be dishonest when I said that you threatened him, and that therefore I could show how you were acting in regards to this matter. I can't see how my using the word threat could possibly have done that. Saying to somebody "do this or you will be banned" is unambiguously a threat, and you knew what you said. I did not frame the meaning of threat as that of physical harm, this is entirely your construction in order to try and get out of having lied. You threatened him with being banned. Your increasing anger and incoherencey does not really speak to your character. I am here because I'm such a foolish person so as to believe in justice(I wonder if anyone will get the reference...). I feel that what you're doing with regards to Blackarrow is wrong, so I choose to fight against it.

I have no idea what you mean by "in an evil way or a meaningful way" with regards to verbal abuse. Verbal abuse is throwing insults and personal attacks at another individual- which is part of what you did.

Shaming the victim would be saying that you "deserved" what happened to you, that you brought it upon yourself. This is not what I am doing. Rather, I'm saying that your own previous actions are of a similar character to his, and that both, while perhaps morally reprehensible, are not of the sort that should be enforced within a game. Scamming is taking advantage of another person's lack of knowledge in order to make money off of them. Buying a rare much lower than or selling it much higher than the typical market rate is scamming because you as a participant know what this rate is- and therefore by attempting such a sale you are deliberately exploiting the other party's lack of knowledge.

What of your points have I not responded to? Bring them up if you think you have a strong argument. I am deligitimizing your report because A: I feel it is illegitimate and B: because I feel your actions constitute the sort of thing that one should actually be reported for. Blackarrow should not be punished for this, but I feel that you perhaps should be.

so you admit your what you did. i applaud you being honest a last. it is not wrong to sell them at 30k, like i said, there is no set market value for rare weapons. newly released rare weapons prices vary dramatically beccause of the hype are very unpredictable, people like me and you cant determine what price it should be sold until someone was brave enough to buy one, we then use that past transaction as reference to determine how we sell once we have it previously bought at that value deosnt mean the value is that much. The price for the lahti i fear will start to stabilize soon and wont be worth in tens of thousands anymore, so the my pricing was within reasonable boundary. but the story is blackarrow admitted he never possessed the lahti in the first place and conned me but taking the money and run. thats the main issue. if i bought at 30k, dealer gets 30k profit, and i sold for 50k i only get 20k in net earning vs other who sell 50k and get all earnings. buying low selling high is allowed as long as its within reasonable amount, its totally legal, this is what makes a merchant culture in the game possible.

dont side with blackarrow, dont let me being a victim of a scam make you side with him.i was foolished to be duped. blackarrow who i found out never possessed a lahti in the first place, ran off with the money and claim i dont know him, that is the very definition of scamming and griefing. if i did the same thing i wouldve took the lahti and never give him a dime! which is horrid and something i never will do.
please do not ever compare him to what i do which is legitimate.

so in a way, scam and total theft of funds since the suspect lied about something he doesnt have and proceeded with transaction and run off with it.

I apologize for being disrespectful for being a bit heated, since you admit your prior intentions i too could start to be more rational.

since you list reasons A and B as your reason why you dont support my argument. I have provided evidence to debunk B but A doesnt count as its too vague, again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:04 am 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
DeltaV11.2 wrote:
-snip quote-

so you admit your what you did. i applaud you being honest a last. it is not wrong to sell them at 30k, like i said, there is no set market value for rare weapons. newly released rare weapons prices vary dramatically beccause of the hype are very unpredictable, people like me and you cant determine what price it should be sold until someone was brave enough to buy one, we then use that past transaction as reference to determine how we sell once we have it previously bought at that value deosnt mean the value is that much. The price for the lahti i fear will start to stabilize soon and wont be worth in tens of thousands anymore, so the my pricing was within reasonable boundary. but the story is blackarrow admitted he never possessed the lahti in the first place and conned me but taking the money and run. thats the main issue. if i bought at 30k, dealer gets 30k profit, and i sold for 50k i only get 20k in net earning vs other who sell 50k and get all earnings. buying low selling high is allowed as long as its within reasonable amount, its totally legal, this is what makes a merchant culture in the game possible.

dont side with blackarrow, dont let me being a victim of a scam make you side with him.i was foolished to be duped. blackarrow who i found out never possessed a lahti in the first place, ran off with the money and claim i dont know him, that is the very definition of scamming and griefing. if i did the same thing i wouldve took the lahti and never give him a dime! which is horrid and something i never will do.

so in a way, scam and total theft of funds since the suspect lied about something he doesnt have and proceeded with transaction and run off with it.

I apologize for being disrespectful for being a bit heated, since you admit your prior intentions i too could start to be more rational.

since you list reasons A and B as your reason why you dont support my argument. I have provided evidence to debunk B but A doesnt count as its too vague, again.

You mistake my point- I certainly acted in a manner that I thought would lead to this, but you still were dishonest in claiming that you did not threaten Blackarrow. Your actions in this matter are reprehensible, threats and attempts to use your position to abuse others are much more serious than what he has done.

Prices and costs are at the decision of a merchant, but your overall conduct makes me feel that you are ripping people off in a very similar manner to how you were ripped off. Not just in regards to super-rares, but in regards to your prices on other weapons as well. The only difference is the means, but the outcome is the same. What you do is perhaps more legitimate, but I'd feel that that makes it only worse overall. Blatant theivery in a game like this rarely works more than once, but distortions and trickery can work forever.

You have by no means debunked B. You have, point-blank, threatened Blackarrow in order to attempt to coerce him into giving you a Lahti in accordance with an agreement you made ingame, abusing your position relative the developers. Even if we assume that Blackarrow's actions are bannable(I do not feel they are), attempting to exploit this in order to derive ingame benefit is highly immoral. I don't see how A is vague at all, it is the position that your attempt to report him for scamming you is illegitimate, i.e. that he should not be banned or punished for this action.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:44 am 

DeltaV11.2 wrote:
RefrigerRaider wrote:
DeltaV11.2 wrote:
-snip quote-

You mistake my point- I certainly acted in a manner that I thought would lead to this, but you still were dishonest in claiming that you did not threaten Blackarrow. Your actions in this matter are reprehensible, threats and attempts to use your position to abuse others are much more serious than what he has done.

Prices and costs are at the decision of a merchant, but your overall conduct makes me feel that you are ripping people off in a very similar manner to how you were ripped off. Not just in regards to super-rares, but in regards to your prices on other weapons as well. The only difference is the means, but the outcome is the same. What you do is perhaps more legitimate, but I'd feel that that makes it only worse overall. Blatant theivery in a game like this rarely works more than once, but distortions and trickery can work forever.

You have by no means debunked B. You have, point-blank, threatened Blackarrow in order to attempt to coerce him into giving you a Lahti in accordance with an agreement you made ingame, abusing your position relative the developers. Even if we assume that Blackarrow's actions are bannable(I do not feel they are), attempting to exploit this in order to derive ingame benefit is highly immoral. I don't see how A is vague at all, it is the position that your attempt to report him for scamming you is illegitimate, i.e. that he should not be banned or punished for this action.

You do not want to know what happened before, I will tell you of a very unfortunate incident that happened almost a month ago, I lost highly valuable weapons and objects from an enemy mortar strike, the game proved unfair to me for some reason as the items disappeared way before the estimated decay of 90 seconds for rares. feeling disoriented, i stopped playing this game for nearly a month from this. i only resumed playing this game a bit later after the new update with the new weapons were added. this drove the prices for the older rares down. until then, it was unheard for me of for me to see kriss and barrets sold for under a thousand rp as those originally were around 2-4 thousand. took me a while to realize it, had trouble forcing myself to adjust, meant i lost alot of potential gains.with the newer weapons going in, i had never sold a weapon over 20 thousand before. but for the more common rare weapons, i sell them at 2x-3x value. have been always been. its that the status of being the rarest weapons is what drives the prices so high, now with the update, micro and barrett arent the rarest anymore so the price for them has stabilized.

You seem to be mistaken as well and still relatively misunderstood. that was my way of trying to force him was to expose him more. He was fortunate to make some damning statements that i was able to record down from camera in transcripts to gather more evidence. the fact that i did that was to see if he actually have a lahti, which he did not. it is more immoral to find lie about something you do not have in the first place and run off with the funds then do. my goal of forcing him to comply was to see if he actually have one and to expose him more, since i did not expect him to give one out anyway.

I now come to reason to suspect BLACKARROW is MADCAT

Ill be fortunate enough to tell you the full story, over a month ago, a person by the name of MADCAT was a very high profile serial teamkiller who somehow could cheat tk bans and teamkill people without punishment. it gotten so serious that jack was personally brought in to confront MADCAT. by your definition of "threat", jack threatened MADCAT with a IP ban if he stopped doing what he was doing. but MADCAT, arrogant and defiant, openly and boldy taunted, harassed and verbally assaulted him and his company and the game itself. jack reasoned with him, despite all this, MADCAT was still defiant. jack then went back and promply reset MADCAT's account progress, it was highly controversial to have player personally verbally assault a dev like that, im shocked and disgusted at that type of conduct. jack was a very lenient and as punishment only reset his account progress. MADCAT was finally able to behave. that is a rare success story how the worst of the worst turns relatively the best amongst the worst. except in the case of MUNCHMUNCHMUCH, longest serial teamkill despite countless warnings from dev, finally banned.

seeing such similar demeanor and defiance is what really convince me people really wont comply, but on the good side, it exposes them more. the more BLACKARROW talked from my "threat", the more evidence i gathered. my tactic worked. seeing this type of conduct just makes me think of MADCAT again, and i suspect its him from the beginning as he actually really hates me even on after his punishment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 am 

I think blackarrow is enjoying his popcorn right now.

To be honest, I always wondered - are there any written laws in this game? Like some minecraft or TF2 servers have those laws that forbid griefing and other stuff.
They usually are even in a Message of the Day window (which is shown up upon logging into the server). Administrators and Mods in those servers act as a law enforcement group, which consists of regular players. I've never seen those laws in RWR, but I had heard they banned for teamkilling. I feel like we need those laws for situations like this.

I also feel like devs shouldn't be this law enforcement group - it is inefficient. They have other things to do.
They should automate the process by adding voteban-votekick mechanic and moderators. Or maybe it can be done by serverholders?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:30 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
I ask Pasik and Jack, please reimburse me 30 thousand in lost funds and deal justice to the fullest extent.

RefrigerRaider wrote:
preteen level of thinking and judgment is obvious

make warbrand2 a moderator and lock this thread now plz

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:30 pm 

harrified wrote:
RefrigerRaider wrote:
I ask Pasik and Jack, please reimburse me 30 thousand in lost funds and deal justice to the fullest extent.

RefrigerRaider wrote:
preteen level of thinking and judgment is obvious

make warbrand2 a moderator and lock this thread now plz

it is disappointing that when someones in distress made a report to report a griefer and the response is largely negative against the reportee. yes, lock this thread, its getting out of control.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:06 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
it is disappointing that when someones in distress made a report to report a griefer and the response is largely negative against the reportee. yes, lock this thread, its getting out of control.

>distress
>video game
ya ok

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:31 pm 

If I was server owner, I would make more stricht rules. Like no teamlooting and no stealing.
Is there even any public rules for official servers?

I agree that RefrigedRaider was moron because he let his munies be stolen.
But also I would ban this stealer as I hate scammers.

-ask to see trade items/moneys first
-keep some distance with the one you are trading with, so you have some reaction time if he tries something once the items are on the gound
-only trade with reliable players

Is flashing forbidden?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next