It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:29 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 68

All times are UTC

Post subject: Any tips?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:13 pm 

I really like the game but I'm quite horrid at it. :D Can't seem to hit enemies, everyone runs away from my grenades and I haven't managed to get further than private. Should I aim at the target or lead my shots? Fire in bursts or hold the button down?

Post subject: Re: Any tips?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 pm 

Stay in groups and take cover often.

Also throw grenades everywhere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 pm 

:)

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm 

What you definitely should do is sneak.
I'm not good, lol, far from that.
But when I sneak, I'm pretty kickass.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm 

I'd say, get a good cover. I like boxes, you can keep pressing control so they won't shoot you (unless they come from the sides) and you can just release it to shoot at an incomming enemy. Now at 0.11 sandbags should also prove to be great cover position(didn't really use them in 0.1 because most of my shots wouldn't go further than the sandbag in front of me XD)

When you don't have any of these and you have to take cover in a building, a big rock or a huge blue crate just try to do this, go to the corner, aim at an enemy before you leave it, go out a bit, shoot it, get back to the cover, reload and do it again. If they come to your cover, don't run unless you see that they'll come from both sides because if they don't you can just spray your clip at their side while you move around your cover to get back your advantage.

Also you should really try to aim your shots against the actual enemy for a more precise firing :)

When you're fighting a large group grenades are indeed helpful but try to predict where they'll move to and throw a grenade there (use more grenades to various possible routes if you feel like it but you'll have to aim them fast XD)

This is kind of how i play, though i do mostly solo suicide missions. You should follow a group if you're feeling unsafe but still, these things can still aply :)

Now go kill some enemy soldiers :D

Look behind you. What I'm not there? I see... then look forward. Still not there? ...On the sides? Up and down? ...Where the heck am I? ... Oh wait! Yeah! I'm the one that's trying to find me ._. That's rather silly isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm 

Thanks guys!

Yeah, popping in and out of cover while taking potshots has helped a lot. Shooting while running is a quick way to get killed :lol: Also, it seems like you don't really aim at the crosshair, the aim assist is usually off center.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 pm 

Arzachel wrote:
Thanks guys!

Also, it seems like you don't really aim at the crosshair, the aim assist is usually off center.

No problem!

That is because there is a bump in the map, blocking the bullets. :)

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 pm 

When I'm not with a large group, I tend to have the most success when I keep a large distance from the enemy. Obviously cover is nice, but you need to keep your distance to minimize your chances of getting surrounded. I actually rarely took cover behind trees, except when I was defending or doing a temporary retreat, though your mileage may vary with that strategy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 pm 

When you are unnoticed by a large group of enemies, take advantage from it - don't just immediately spray bullets at them, check out their positions - try and see if you can get a lot of them with grenades by suprise, and then try and take a lot of them out with bullets in the confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:14 am 

Keystones top tip:

Don't be afraid to use your squad mates as meatshields, it's not cowardice its considerate! you are giving your troops (those brave, hardy guys!) the chance to experience the thrill that is being shot at and or possibly blown up! while you have to experience the mundane task of going on in life, not being riddled with bullet holes.

oh and shoot the enemy before they shoot you.