It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:06 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 105 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 423

All times are UTC

Post subject: sidearms?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm 

Are you ever going to implement side arms? Because it would be really nice. I usually run out of ammo when firing and then someone runs up to me and it takes too long to reload to shoot him and I can't get close enough to knife him so a sidearm would be helpful even if it is really inaccurate.

Post subject: Re: sidearms?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:48 pm 

id like it if there was a few second delay before you could pull the pistol out

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

I might. There has been some discussion about introducing an engineer role to the game, to build sandbag walls and place mines and stationary weapons and whatnot. While such a soldier would primarily carry a toolkit (or something) occupying his primary weapon slot, he'd need at least something to fire with, making a handgun a great choice. Similarly, soldiers with rifles would also have a secondary weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:14 pm 

That would be great on the city map! Creating chokepoints with sandbags and/or mines.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:15 pm 

Since I've come up with a couple more suggestions I'll just add them to the list here.

Sniper Rifle. Great accuracy with a pull back system like shoot pull thing(technical term of course) back then shoot. Probably not used much by AI so it's hard to get a hold of.

AI not swimming around in water like idiots. I think you already are covering this though.

Sidearms. Look above.

D-Day map. I think you understand. With the bunkers of course. THAT WOULD BE INSANE.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 am 
Site Admin

Darth wrote:
Since I've come up with a couple more suggestions I'll just add them to the list here.

Sniper Rifle. Great accuracy with a pull back system like shoot pull thing(technical term of course) back then shoot. Probably not used much by AI so it's hard to get a hold of.

AI not swimming around in water like idiots. I think you already are covering this though.

Sidearms. Look above.

D-Day map. I think you understand. With the bunkers of course. THAT WOULD BE INSANE.

A basic sniper should be a somewhat easy add on top of the upcoming 0.59, which revamps the weapon system and introduces a pump-action shotgun. Things get more tricky if a longer than camera field of view -range is wanted for aiming, but support for that can be added later if necessary.

AI just floating in water is something that will be fixed, it's on my todo list.

Accessible bunkers would require some new features. Currently, it's not possible to stand on a platform that also has a walkable roof above it, so the game isn't truly 3D in terms of physics in all aspects. It is likely that this will be changed in the near future as I'd also like to be able to make proper bridges. There's also another problem with being under roofs in RWR, as the current way of rendering soldiers behind structures just generally looks bad. I haven't been able to find a good feasible alternative for it yet, though I haven't really spent time looking for one lately.