It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:59 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 81

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 am 

OzyThesage wrote:
Yes, that one. I actually played it again recently only to find out it has not dated too well, especially with the very... bad controls. I can't really remember mucha bout the other games, other than they started to suck after they started doing 3d stuff like Sarge's Heroes.

In the Army Men I remember, at least in the main campaign, the blue were basically just spies for tan, and I don't remember grey showing up in the campaign. I think towards the end of the game you go through some kind of portal which leads to Army Men 2 which takes place in the real world (you start off in someone's kitchen and you could melt on the electric stove and stuff)

I'm also now remembering the Toys in Space version, which had some interesting weapons as far as I can remember.

Actually, screw it, here's the wiki article =p . That warchest looks so tempting but I've no idea if the games would run on modern machines. I'm kinda sad I never got to try multiplayer with other people, connecting to online games wasn't so great back in those days, we're quite spoiled =p

Since I played it when I was around 7, I remember being horrible at it. I've also recently pirated an old game (Which the company went out of business around 2009) that I played a lot called Sudden Strike. What made it SO good was the fact that it wasn't trying to be some cheap crappy 3-D amazing awesome game, but it was pixel art. The campaign and missions take usually anywhere from 30-4 1/2 hours to complete. No joke.

Since the company went out of business, and the only true way to buy the game is from a few un-trustworthy sellers on E-Bay, I just pirated it. I couldn't find the 'original' but instead the expansion they released somewhere after the 2nd game. There is no in-depth tutorial, so you'll be figuring things out while you play, but the overall gaming value I got from this game was, (When I was around 6-ish) very low- because the strategic portion of a child's brain (For me) was just rush in and kill shit. :P But I actually took time with these levels when I pirated it and found renewed value in it. Again, this game is if you have time to spare. Here is the same download I used. And, since it was someone else's files, they put a crapload of random maps that are in German, French, Russian, Spanish, and the original ones that are in English (As well as ones in English people customarily made)

Now back on topic, I remember the kitchen level. :P I didn't really play campaign, but the fun for me (then) was in the sandbox modes. I'd play Deathmatch all day. xD I was in love with all things army back then, including the little plastic figurines, so that is why I was so enthused about Running with Rifles when I heard about it.

Also, some reason, I loved being the blue team. Something about that color goes well with plastic figures. xD

Edit: This is the one I had. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Men_II
And more about Sudden Strike. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_Strike

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:49 am 

I remember my brother owning Sudden Strike and its expansions. I was never really into RTS stuff so I don't really remember too much about it. We may still have the disks lying around somewhere but knowing my brother... he doesn't take care of his stuff...

I would do deathmatch too, I don't even think I played any of the campaigns beyond the first one because the game is pretty hard as far as I remember. One of my favorite aspects, I forget which games they were in, but at the start of the game you could build pillboxes and place troops and stuff which was pretty cool. You could either get a few tanks or get a whole ton of infantry.

As for color, green is my favorite color =p no wonder I play as green in RWR.