It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 60

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 pm 

we discussed this with pasik yesterday and you will definitely be able to see your actual round stats along with the all-time stats. Also there will be more stats about PvP as this is one of the thing which is the most interesting in online gamig imo, stuff like who you killed most, have often have you been killed by a human etc.

Now about the ranks that don't make a big difference; in fighting it indeed doesn't make too much of a difference, especially if you don't use your squad mates actively.
For capping purpose it can be a different thing. pack your squad in a truck or apc and drive through the enemy lines to a not so well protected base and you will cap it in no time, then just drive to the next one and so on. Like this I already managed to win maps in less than 2 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

JackMayol wrote:
we discussed this with pasik yesterday and you will definitely be able to see your actual round stats along with the all-time stats. Also there will be more stats about PvP as this is one of the thing which is the most interesting in online gamig imo, stuff like who you killed most, have often have you been killed by a human etc.

Now about the ranks that don't make a big difference; in fighting it indeed doesn't make too much of a difference, especially if you don't use your squad mates actively.
For capping purpose it can be a different thing. pack your squad in a truck or apc and drive through the enemy lines to a not so well protected base and you will cap it in no time, then just drive to the next one and so on. Like this I already managed to win maps in less than 2 minutes.

It's up to the server and its metagame to decide what the clients see when pressing F1, and to me the valid choices are match stats or overall stats, not both. Archived match results and overall stats can be further shown on websites, if the server and its metagame has been set up to provide this data.

One thing you currently can't view in the game is your own awards (the badges) on the server. You can only see the awards local to your system by accessing the main menu. The server however collects these, and you would be able to see them on the website, if the website would be made to show it. The game will be changed in the future so that you can view your server side awards too, but you can't see other people's awards.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 pm 

Hmm, this build doesn't seem to be as stable as the previous ones, have had two instances of the server hanging now and disappearing from the server list. Console is still there, but is unresponsive to any commands and needs to be completely shut down and restarted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Hmm, this build doesn't seem to be as stable as the previous ones, have had two instances of the server hanging now and disappearing from the server list. Console is still there, but is unresponsive to any commands and needs to be completely shut down and restarted.

I noticed the same that all my servers disappeared from the list last night, not sure what happened. The servers were otherwise functioning fine and were active, console was usable too.

I am getting some segfaults on the servers every now and then, usually it takes a few days at least, but nothing gets stored in the log about it. That has been unchanged for several releases now, at least on Linux side.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 pm 

Just did it again, only 6 hours or so up time. Console just wasn't responding.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

It's the metagame interface on the Windows server build then. That's practically the only difference between 0.84.1 and 0.84.2.

You're probably using the map rotator with it? Just wondering how can I reproduce what you're seeing, will study it a bit tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm 

Map rotator? Hell no, I only figured out we had PHP on the server a few hours ago :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Oh right :lol:

I'll launch another Windows server to try to get it to hang.

You could revert back to 0.84.1, or, if you want to keep on going with 0.84.2, do so and when it hangs, please send me rwr_server.log here on the forum or pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com before you restart the server.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 am 
Site Admin

I actually got it stuck now, it didn't take more than 20 minutes. And yah, the log won't tell anything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Ok, I think I know what's happening. 0.84.2 will get stuck at match end unless there's someone, the script, listening and receiving data from it.

It gets stuck also if I declare_winner on it to make it send the match end signal, unless I got the script up.

Edit: Concerns Windows only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next