It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:18 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 84

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 am 
Site Admin

That's awesome, good to see the stuff works.

The next thing would be no doubt getting the stats transferred from the RWR server to your stats server then, automatically. I'm terribly in the middle of working on a new important feature for RWR right now, I'll take a look at that at a later time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:13 pm 

That can go way down the list of priorities Pasik, it's no problem doing it manually just now!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

I know, just making sure that we're on the same page here haha :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 pm 

Hehe, nice! Then you can make it so Admins can give commands in game via the text chat.........

:D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 am 

Quick question, with the automated script running now how can we change maps? Tried today and it just kept reloading map1 no matter what. Is it an issue with the script?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
Quick question, with the automated script running now how can we change maps? Tried today and it just kept reloading map1 no matter what. Is it an issue with the script?

The script tracks the maps which have been completed and picks the next map randomly from the uncompleted maps. Once all of them have been played, it clears the completed maps tracking and picks another random map to start the next round.

If you change a map from the server console (with change_map) while the script is running, I think the script won't receive a signal about the match end so the script never gets the info if a map has been completed or not, so it thinks the first map is still on. I'd still think you would be able to change the map in the server, just that the script will mark the wrong map completed if this new map completes now.

EDIT: tried it on modulaatio2, seems to be working?

If you change the map by declaring a winner (with declare_winner), the script works its logic and picks a new map to play.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

DocStone, when/if your RWR server crashes, does it generate rwr_crashdump.dmp file? The file should be there in the server working directory. If you've got such file from 0.84 based server, could you send one to me at pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com?

My Linux crash debugging capabilities are limited so I'm unable to investigate the crashes that happen about every 2-3 days on the servers, and the traces in the log don't seem to be that near the point of crashing so currently I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking for the issue. The dump on Windows would tell me the exact line of code where the crash occurs, but you're the only one with the dump, possibly.

If you don't have one, I'll launch a Windows server of my own to track down the issue.

EDIT: ah shit, look at that, the dump generation isn't enabled in the server build :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 am 

OK, just to confirm, on a freshly restarted server running the map rotation script when I type in "map5" in the server console it restarts the server to map1 everytime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am 
Site Admin

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
OK, just to confirm, on a freshly restarted server running the map rotation script when I type in "map5" in the server console it restarts the server to map1 everytime.

That's strange. Here it works on Windows too just fine.

Does the script react somehow when you type map5 in the console?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:37 am 

No reaction at all, and it just resets whatever map the rotation happens to be on. In the Server console all it shows is the start5.xml being actioned, and seems to ignore the change_map command completely.

Map5 command in commands.xml is as follows:

Code:
    <alias name="map5" command="change_map vanilla/maps/map5; execute start5.xml"/>

The start5.xml is as follows:

Code:
<command
   class="start_game"
   vehicles="1"
   max_soldiers="240"
   player_bot_compensation="20"
   progress_multiplier="1.0">

<faction initial_over_capacity="0" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
   <faction initial_over_capacity="0" ai_accuracy="0.94" />
</command>

The only thing I can think that has changed is I have renamed the install folders to RWR1 for standard, and RWR2 for invasion. Apart from that, nothing is different.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next