It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 60 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 202

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.4, finally!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 pm 

... and sure enough, about 50 minutes later I got two more emails from BMT Micro, one with the receipt and the other with download links and product id/password.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Jason9mm wrote:
There was no download link in the BMT Micro final page, nor in the first email received. But the email does state

Quote:
Your order has been received and will be reviewed by a BMT Micro representative shortly.

This is simply an email confirming that your order was received properly and is in the first stages of being filled.

This does not mean that your payment has been processed or that your order has been approved.
Other items that can affect the time it takes to complete your order are: payment verification and approval issues, incomplete address or phone information, etc. In all cases we will attempt to contact you one time to complete the order properly.

so I'm not surprised. I expect to get another email later.

Ah, right. It probably depends on the payment method how fast it gets processed. It would seem that with PayPal and having some funds there beforehand you get the after page immediately with the links like in the e-mail that will follow within like 10 minutes or so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 pm 

I have received the two other emails, one containing the links to the download. The first download malfunctioned due to myself, and so I would have to re-download it to get at the new beta.
But it seems as though after I downloaded it the first time it's been giving me the message "Password blocked" Any idea what might cause that?

I also have just sent off an email to BMT micro order support. but weather or not you do know how to fix it I figure you should know about this anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:22 pm 

Okay...

I just bought it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
I have received the two other emails, one containing the links to the download. The first download malfunctioned due to myself, and so I would have to re-download it to get at the new beta.
But it seems as though after I downloaded it the first time it's been giving me the message "Password blocked" Any idea what might cause that?

I also have just sent off an email to BMT micro order support. but weather or not you do know how to fix it I figure you should know about this anyway.

I unblocked your password.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Added a few things to the original post:

EDIT: PvP works with chain captures - only the base where the attack target is shown in the map can be captured
EDIT: free beta 0.4 demo version is now also available, with the online features disabled. See http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/?page_id=22 for details.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Added one thing more to the original post:

(Issues)
- EDIT: graphics cards that can't handle the post processing shader show the game screen as single solid color, but the menu works just fine -- go to options and disable post processing to be able to play

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 am 

I am dissapointed that you are charging already. At the moment, you need support for the game. Support will come from having extra players. And putting a price on this game as it stands is a bad idea.

As much I would like to, I will not be purchasing RWR.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 am 

You could try looking at it as a discount campaign. Pay a little now, and get the "finished" game free. Or if you like, wait for the game to improve, but expect to pay more for not taking advantage of the current discount.

More players and support are nice and all, but they won't pay the bills. All income from the pre-purchases will go directly into funding the development of the game, as far as I know. No income means no game, or at least the development will be considrably slower and/or more modest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Jason9mm wrote:
You could try looking at it as a discount campaign. Pay a little now, and get the "finished" game free. Or if you like, wait for the game to improve, but expect to pay more for not taking advantage of the current discount.

More players and support are nice and all, but they won't pay the bills. All income from the pre-purchases will go directly into funding the development of the game, as far as I know. No income means no game, or at least the development will be considrably slower and/or more modest.

Spot on.

I'm not expecting a huge burst of income from the pre-purchases, so that I would suddenly be able to pay a monthly salary to myself and be able to leave my day job and concentrate all my time and efforts on RWR or to hire more people on the job or to buy a mac to be able to port and test the game. Obviously if that would happen, it would be awesome beyond belief, but it's really not likely to go like that and I'm ok with that.

The money will go for the game development, I have no intention to buy food for our cats with the pre-purchase funds. I need money for e.g. sound effects, participating in e.g. IGC has a fee, if possible I might be able to take some days of non-paid vacation from my day job to allocate full days for developing RWR and cover the loss of day salary from the pre-purchase funds. Those are just some examples how the money could be spent.

Also, simply seeing financial support from people who truly want to see this project to continue and succeed (thanks to all of you guys who have pre-purchased the game or donated for it!), helps keeping me motivated with taking the project to completion. That's hugely important too. In return, they get the early version of the game and get to have fun with it and of course they get the final game when it's done.

Obviously, people see the worth of things in very different subjective ways. If this means that there will be less beta players than by still going free-to-play, I'm ok with that. I think I will get the best improvement suggestions on the game features from the people who really like the project so much that they are ok with the pre-purchase deal.