It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 139

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta 0.99.3 changelog
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Here comes the changelog for 0.99.3, it's a short one but all the more important:

campaign: fixed 0.99.2 insanity; should fix "extraction points not appearing", "world view not appearing", might fix "campaign not starting"
online: the experimental penalty mode for Invasion is now disabled by default, appears it's buggy and will need more work
maps: some balancing, fixes, tweaks
mortar: deployable mortar now comes with increased range

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:42 pm 

Such fun insanity! Hope you guys get it sorted.

Last night was funny, after it was removed it really felt like we could use it in last nights rounds. Not so much any issue with people TK'ing on purpose... but a LOT of dumb mistakes that after a bit of consideration it might not be such a bad thing to have this little penalty come into place when new players are really messing up and repeatedly dropping grenades into people or driving really bad and hitting more than one group of players.
I could tell that some of these mistakes are really just that, mistakes. But sometimes I wonder if this "penalty" fear may help people invest a little more in taking care to REALLY avoid teamkills.

I guess it's just a matter of balancing the point at which it's implemented and how long it lasts.
For new guy dumbness it'd have to be forgiving and for committed trolls it'd have to be lasting.

Needed Additions to New Things:
One thing the Penalty does need in its final version is more clear notification. Something that pops up when the TK Penalty is implemented, but not in the Chat in the upper left. It's too easy to miss info up there, unless you changed the color. Also small marks on your HUD Weapons icons in lower left to let you know you can't use equipment.

When the map finishes and we get the New Final Stats Box, can we move it from the center of the screen and have it last a little longer. It's a great addition, but it tend to block you immediate view and I've had lots of close calls of last minute vehicles driving by, or grenades thrown or loot to grab and you can't see it. Longer time so we can view it a bit more too. It's only up for a couple seconds. If you shift it out of the way you can still function and look over the stats.
*Also please add: DAYS count. After long battles it'd be cool to know how many days we fought. It wouldn't hurt to make night a little darker and more pronounced too. I don't think a lot of people really mark the difference.

(Opt_0 rant done, lol)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
Needed Additions to New Things:
One thing the Penalty does need in its final version is more clear notification. Something that pops up when the TK Penalty is implemented, but not in the Chat in the upper left. It's too easy to miss info up there, unless you changed the color. Also small marks on your HUD Weapons icons in lower left to let you know you can't use equipment.

Personally, I'd want the penalty mode to be balanced such that it is indeed used to fight trollers rather than being a penalty box for legit players. Reaching such balance, requirement to visualize or make the player aware of it would be close to zero. Spending dev time to help trollers understand what's going on isn't very high up on my list.

Quote:
When the map finishes and we get the New Final Stats Box, can we move it from the center of the screen and have it last a little longer. It's a great addition, but it tend to block you immediate view and I've had lots of close calls of last minute vehicles driving by, or grenades thrown or loot to grab and you can't see it. Longer time so we can view it a bit more too. It's only up for a couple seconds. If you shift it out of the way you can still function and look over the stats.
*Also please add: DAYS count. After long battles it'd be cool to know how many days we fought. It wouldn't hurt to make night a little darker and more pronounced too. I don't think a lot of people really mark the difference.

Hmm, I'm not really sure where else to show it but at the center, it is supposed to take your attention and bring the battle to a definite end to properly mark the event. I do understand your concern, but not sure how to make these both things work at the same time. We're actually thinking about adding a mostly opaque background for the end stats view - that would just block the view even more.

A dismiss button could be added to let you control how long you're going to be looking at the stats. Maybe that's enough for the case too where you've ended in a tight spot even if there's no threat from the enemy side anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:51 pm 

pasik wrote:
Personally, I'd want the penalty mode to be balanced such that it is indeed used to fight trollers rather than being a penalty box for legit players. Reaching such balance, requirement to visualize or make the player aware of it would be close to zero. Spending dev time to help trollers understand what's going on isn't very high up on my list.

I get this. I was actually considering this fact that "real" TK'ers don't deserved to be informed. Just as an accidental "penalized player" there's no way to know when it's on or done. But I guess it comes down to trade off on this one, and I'm okay with good-guys not knowing and a-holes wonder "wtf".

pasik wrote:
Opt_0 wrote:

Hmm, I'm not really sure where else to show it but at the center, it is supposed to take your attention and bring the battle to a definite end to properly mark the event. I do understand your concern, but not sure how to make these both things work at the same time. We're actually thinking about adding a mostly opaque background for the end stats view - that would just block the view even more.

A dismiss button could be added to let you control how long you're going to be looking at the stats. Maybe that's enough for the case too where you've ended in a tight spot even if there's no threat from the enemy side anymore.

^Oh it is more than noticeable enough. It's big and easy to see, perhaps just slide it to the right side of the screen to visually balance out chat and commander dialogue. There's already a lot on the left side of the screen at the end, shifting Stats to mid right side seems fine. With it off to the side it would allow it to sit for longer so you could give it a good look. I also suggest this because at the end of a map there is only 30-20 seconds to grab any extra loot, make a run to armory, or stash (for loading safety reasons), so every second counts. It's a neat stat sheet and really does help put the 1-4 hour battle of a single map in perspective for players (day count would help too).

I know you guys are working on finishing the game up, just asking about some details while there is still time. And first reflex to the new stats pop up at the end is "That's cool I want to look at it, god-dammit I can't see. Oh it's gone..."

Oh also you should make the game FPS with Oculas Support and like ten-thousand micro transactions for totally useless things like skin color and hats. And make helicopters that fly in and repair tanks, lasers, hovercraft, pick up wounded troops on shoulders and all the other things that won't fit as of now into RWR. :lol: And put it on sale for a dollar! But don't tell anyone until after you raise the price to 40$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
I know you guys are working on finishing the game up, just asking about some details while there is still time. And first reflex to the new stats pop up at the end is "That's cool I want to look at it, god-dammit I can't see. Oh it's gone..."

Haha yeah, I had about the same reaction when I actually got to see it in real gaming situation vs just trying it out by triggering it to happen in single player. Looking at it while working on it was like "wow am I still looking at these zeros here on the screen, go away plz", I'm sure that's how the time to show -value ended up there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:41 pm 

Nice update developers. :D keep it up.

I really like the mortar range increase, thanks boosting it. I hope the others like it aswell.