It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 61 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 215

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:14 pm 

Nice update agian ! :D :P

I do have one thing. Please upgrade the transport truck. That vehicle feels useless. We have allot of jeeps to do the logistics parts behind friendly lines. Maby give the transport vehicle a little buff by giving it 10 sandbags and 1 machiengun that we take out of the vehicle so we can place them.

Or make it a mobile storage, so if you want to scavenge the battlefield for equipment, you can store it in the truck. Do remember that when a truck is destroyed all the loot will be scattered around it.

Transport vehicle

positive side

Can carry allot soldiers
Soldiers are safe from bullets
Handy for mobile cover.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 am 

Played a few hours of SAS Invasion, evening UTC, 25-15 players. It seems as though there have been some changes to the difficulty. Some thoughts:

Keepsake Bay - completed in 24 minutes
Fridge Valley - completed in 32 minutes

Compare this to my previous comments about these two maps previously taking the most time to complete, often over two hours.

Old Fort Creek - previously, this was an average difficulty level map. Today it was super-hard. I must have been playing for over a couple of hours before I had to call it a day, although it's still got 15 players playing with more than half the map still under enemy control - almost complete stalemate.

What sort of time are the developers aiming for for the typical maps (so not the timer ones and perhaps Copehill Down)? For me, 40-60 minutes feels about right, although I don't mind them going up to an hour and a half for the longest, most epic games. What do others think?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 am 

We are aiming for 45-60 mins for a map. I don't mind if sometimes it takes longer but something like 4h is just too much.
On SASinvasion we changed the player_AI_compensation factor to 1.1 instead of 1.2. This should make it less hard but only slightly. For example if you have 20 players on Keepsake Bay (the player_AI_compensation is 8 there and I actually thought I changed it to a lower value for 0.99.5 hmm) you have 20x8=160 more bots on the enemy side. With the player_AI_compensation factor of 1.2 it resulted in 192 more bots, now 176. Kind of weird that you guys completed Keepsake in 24 minutes actually.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:09 pm 

The maps are generally much easier in the new update, while I had thought most of them were a little too easy already in the previous update.

15 players did Bootleg Islands in 15.6 minutes today. Most levels are taking under half an hour. Old Fort Creek was a bit harder, 40-something minutes. I had reported that Old Fort Creek was super-hard a couple of days ago, lasting hours. Not sure if they were using the same difficulty settings.

Vigil Island difficulty's about right.

Overall, the previous update had better difficulty settings since the current update is too easy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 pm 

When you mentioned that Old Fort Creek was too hard, it was even easier than before with harder settings. I really don't know what to say now lol. I just hope Doc has the SAS specific settings changes in place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:19 am 

Played some of the maps next time they came up. Some times:

Bootleg Islands - 11 players - 47 minutes

Rattlesnake Crescent - 17 players - 17 minutes (super-fast. Before this was a 40-60 mins map, and I don't think I saw less than a half an hour time)

Black Gold Estuary - 14 players - 32 minutes

The sample is too small too be meaningful, but from these games, and the times I posted from earlier today, the pattern is the less players, the longer the game.

I can't really offer you much more than times it takes to complete maps I play and my opinion of how difficult I felt it was. For example, the second time I played Bootleg Islands with less players it felt like there were more enemy bots. I don't know what mechanisms you have for setting difficulty levels so I can only pass comment on the end results rather than the process to get there.