It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 75

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:02 pm 

i guess my confusion came from the fact that the UK invasion server, which also uses persistent stats, never had any weapon restrictions from the get go. matter of fact, the US invasion server is the only server i've played on where i noticed needing to rank up to use certain weapons. that said, i've always needed to rank up in order to have a larger squad to command and earn artillery strikes regardless of what server i'm on, and i'm totally okay with that.

regarding 'mediocre weapons', i've definitely found the ak47 and shotgun to be lacking for my personal playstyle. unless an enemy is standing directly in front of you or you simply get lucky, you're pretty much stuck camping somewhere, sending yourself to the chopping block ad-nauseum, or driving trucks and apcs in circles until you get enough kills to finally rank up. i found those first 2-3 levels of ranking pretty tedious, whereas once i was able to use the g36 and m16, my accuracy shot way up and ranking up was a breeze. i would suggest allowing the g36 for private rank as well, but that's just based on my personal experience. you might be able to attribute my experience with those initial weapons with lag, but if i lacked the patience or was a casual player i'd likely have just ignored that server in leiu of one that didn't restrict me to a specific style of playing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

take wrote:
i guess my confusion came from the fact that the UK invasion server, which also uses persistent stats, never had any weapon restrictions from the get go. matter of fact, the US invasion server is the only server i've played on where i noticed needing to rank up to use certain weapons. that said, i've always needed to rank up in order to have a larger squad to command and earn artillery strikes regardless of what server i'm on, and i'm totally okay with that.

regarding 'mediocre weapons', i've definitely found the ak47 and shotgun to be lacking for my personal playstyle. unless an enemy is standing directly in front of you or you simply get lucky, you're pretty much stuck camping somewhere, sending yourself to the chopping block ad-nauseum, or driving trucks and apcs in circles until you get enough kills to finally rank up. i found those first 2-3 levels of ranking pretty tedious, whereas once i was able to use the g36 and m16, my accuracy shot way up and ranking up was a breeze. i would suggest allowing the g36 for private rank as well, but that's just based on my personal experience. you might be able to attribute my experience with those initial weapons with lag, but if i lacked the patience or was a casual player i'd likely have just ignored that server in leiu of one that didn't restrict me to a specific style of playing.

I wouldn't recommend Invasion for a casual player either, it requires a bit of investment and Invasion US is set quite hard as difficulty level. At the start, you've got assault rifle, shotgun and the weaker light machine gun at your disposal which to me sounds plenty, leaving sniper rifle, the overpowered burst weapons and suppressed SMG out of selection and the basic weapon variations.

Not sure if you had any other players playing with you, I had 7 others on the time I was reflecting of.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:25 pm 

The US had responded by sending in a Marine invasion force to remove him from .... Montes arrives with a stolen police car and picks him up, chasing Solomon to ...... Console Server Browser: At Gamescom 2011, DICE confirmed that all .... jeep for the last time players may be unable to move or switch weapons only aiming, ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
take wrote:
coming from a server that allows all weapons without rank into one that requires you to rank up to use a mediocre rifle is not 'duh'.

There aren't really "mediocre" weapons. I would say that every weapon is almost equal in effectiveness, it's just that in some conditions one weapon might be better than the other. At rank 0 you always can start with an AK47 and this weapon is definitely good enough to compete with most other weapons.

I have to agree, at the moment the weapons do feel pretty well balanced for there intended rolls. And with burst firing most weapons allow you to handle yourself well. Although sometimes it feels as though the support rifles could use just a tiny bit better accuracy. They are fantastic as a suppression weapon, as intended. But it is amazing sometimes firing into a large crowd, even in bursts and not getting any kills. But as always, obviously it's all still being built and tweaked. Thankfully though, you guys have created some really responsive AI so we do have the chance to fill those other rolls needed in combat: sniper support, suppression, covering fire, defensive positions with out it just being "camping" like to many other games.