It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 22

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 am 

I was in the single player campaign attacking Sainte-Anne which had both grey and brown occupied bases, but no enemies (both factions) ever spawned in and we took all the bases uncontested. This is my first time playing the campaign up to this point with the extraction zones and stuff implemented, so this is the only time I've seen it happen.

I started the game loading up a previous save session on already-conquered Al-Tabul, if that helps.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Any chance you'd still have metagame.log from that session at the RWR installation folder under media\packages\vanilla\scripts?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:19 pm 

Here it is.

I also noticed that already conquered maps are completely deserted as well. Not sure if its intended and its a really minor detail, but it would be nice to have several stationed troops, (maybe even foot patrols or convoys to the frontline?), for ambiance and/or targets for enemy raids :P

Attachments:
metagame.rar [19.68 KiB]
Downloaded 644 times

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

The script is at least set to have 40 greenies in the completed maps.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Something is certainly not going right in the campaign you had, most of the match settings seem to be unfilled.

Code:
03:10:31   sending: <command class='start_game'   savegame='Campaign'   vehicles='1'   max_soldiers='110'   soldier_capacity_variance='0.3'   soldier_capacity_model='variable'   player_ai_compensation='8'   xp_multiplier=''   rp_multiplier=''   initial_xp='0'   initial_rp='0'   base_capture_system='any'   friendly_fire='0'>

<faction capacity_offset='0' initial_over_capacity='20' capacity_multiplier='0' ai_accuracy='' initial_occupied_bases='1' />

<faction capacity_offset='0' initial_over_capacity='0' capacity_multiplier='0' ai_accuracy='' />

<faction capacity_offset='0' initial_over_capacity='0' capacity_multiplier='0' ai_accuracy='' />

And hmm:
Code:
03:10:02 settings are: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings savegame="Campaign" username="C4Bot"/>

Any chance this campaign was started in an earlier version than 0.93.2? The problem could be related to that.

My metagame.log says this when loading a campaign, started in 0.93.2:
Code:
22:47:48 settings are: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings savegame="battle9" username="pasik" fellow_capacity="1.200000" fellow_ai_accuracy="0.940000" enemy_capacity="1.000000" enemy_ai_accuracy="0.940000" xp_factor="0.280000" rp_factor="1.000000"/>

You might be able to "upgrade" your savegame manually by modifying metagame_invasion.xml at location much like C:\Users\pasik\AppData\Roaming\Running with rifles\savegames\battle9.save, and adding the missing settings fields.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 am 

Quote:
Any chance this campaign was started in an earlier version than 0.93.2? The problem could be related to that.

I'm pretty sure I started the campaign during .92 or .91, so that is probably the issue.

Filled in the missing parameters, everything seems to be fine. Thanks for the solution!