It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 61

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:26 am 

In the campaign mode for Rattlesnake Crescent, it began the countdown to losing HQ Alpha even though the bar was at max green (playing as Greenbelts). When it hit zero, it restarted. Eventually I lost HQ Bravo and then died, and was unable to respawn, because HQ Alpha is constantly counting down no matter how few Greycollars are in the base. Worse, it seems as though the Greycollars are either really reluctant to take the base or else the game just isn't recognizing their presence, because the bar isn't shifting towards grey at all, rendering the entire campaign unplayable. I can't win, and I can't even lose.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Can you send me the savegame data for investigation? You'd find them at %appdata%\Running with rifles\savegames\[your campaign name].save. Zip the folder and put it available somewhere or send it to me at pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com.

I tried to reproduce the issue by starting a new campaign and warping to Rattlesnake (can be done by saying /warp 6 in chat in single player). Our faction lost HQ Bravo, died several times there, but we happened to recapture it before the enemy got closer to HQ Alpha. Things worked as expected in this case.

There has been a change in 0.98.4 related to this particular area of the logic which was that if all your spawn points become locked because of the enemy is being close and strong enough to your last remaining base, the timer would continue running in the last base even if the enemy wasn't specifically in the capture zone in order to end the game, unless your last remaining forces manage to push back the enemy before time runs out which is unlikely. Sounds like there could be some issue in there with making the match end properly in such case.

So yea, could be useful to get my hands on the savegame.

Possibly, you can forcibly restart the match by saying /restart or you can change to another map with /warp X. /warp 5 would go to Bootleg Islands, /warp 4 would go to Moorland trenches. You should be able to use the extraction points from there to continue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 am 

I apologize for completely forgetting about this thread for a week and a half. I read the reply in a hurry and then forgot to respond when I had the time. Unfortunately the reason it slipped my mind so easily is because I overwrote that game when I started a new campaign to avoid the glitch (should've had the patience to wait, not only could I help you out but the /restart command might've saved the campaign, oh, well). So I'm basically necroing this thread just to let you know that there's nothing to know. Seemed classier than just never responding at all, even if it is a bit spammy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:09 am 
Site Admin

No worries. I believe I found the core issue about the timer and got it fixed for the next version. Thanks for bringing up the bug!