It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 71

All times are UTC

Post subject: Start up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 pm 

This is my first time in the support section...

I have seen various issues earlier, but never really anything that got in my way of enjoyment.

But I have attempted to start the .4 beta 6 times now, and it's either crashed, or the visuals were so messed up that I couldn't play, each time.

Post subject: Re: Start up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 am 
Site Admin

Waldo wrote:
This is my first time in the support section...

I have seen various issues earlier, but never really anything that got in my way of enjoyment.

But I have attempted to start the .4 beta 6 times now, and it's either crashed, or the visuals were so messed up that I couldn't play, each time.

That's bad. Can you take a screenshot of it when it doesn't crash? Press ESC to exit the menu and then press Print screen -button, it takes a screenshot and stores it in e.g. "C:\Users\All Users\Running with rifles" in Windows 7. I'd also like to know how enabling/disabling post processing affects the visuals.

Also, when it does crash, can you copy & paste the rwr_game.log, found in the folder mentioned above, on the forum?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:46 pm 

I think I'm taking the screen shots, and I've found the RWR folder, but I can't find them inside it.

What would they be called?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:49 pm 

Make sure you're looking into the Windows Users folder, not the folder where RWR is installed. The screenshots won't be in the RWR game install folder, they'll be in the Windows Users folder (under RWR subfolder)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:13 am 

Jason9mm wrote:
Make sure you're looking into the Windows Users folder, not the folder where RWR is installed. The screenshots won't be in the RWR game install folder, they'll be in the Windows Users folder (under RWR subfolder)

Okay, I'm using Vista, so I don't have an All Users folder.

I've been looking around, but I can't find another RWR Folder or subfolder anywhere besides the game folders from the installer.

What would the files be called so I can use a search function?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:35 am 
Site Admin

Waldo wrote:
Jason9mm wrote:

Okay, I'm using Vista, so I don't have an All Users folder.

I've been looking around, but I can't find another RWR Folder or subfolder anywhere besides the game folders from the installer.

What would the files be called so I can use a search function?

Vista should have this kind of shortcuts set up: try accessing C:\ProgramData\Running with rifles

You should see screenshot0.png and the likes there if you have captured screenshots.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 am 

Okay, I'm taking the screen shots, however there are two problems:

A) They are not saving to any of the RWR folders, whether they be in programdata or the install folders

B) When I paste them into paint, they are solid black. I know my screenshot function is working, outside of RWR because I tested it, but it won't take screenshots of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Are you seeing rwr_game.log and rwr_config.log in ProgramData? Just to verify that is indeed the place where the screenshots would appear.

This is how the screenshot thing works in RWR, it's different whether you play in fullscreen or in a window:

In fullscreen, pressing the Print screen -key, a blank black screen is saved to the clipboard always. A file screenshot can be captured in the game, only if the menu is not shown. So, when you start the game in fullscreen, after it has loaded up, press ESC first to hide the menu, then press Print screen. The gameplay makes a significant halt while the screenshot is captured and written. Now when you exit the game, you should see the file in ProgramData\Running with rifles.

Playing in a window, you can capture screenshots to clipboard anywhere. Pressing Print screen in the game when the menu is hidden, the shot is stored both as a file and in the clipboard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:26 pm 

I FOUND IT.

I had to dig around in the command prompt for it though, everything was hidden for some reason.

Here are screenshots from the two worst times:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Wow! Did you try yet if changing post processing on/off in the menu->options has any effect on it?

Also, which graphics card do you have? rwr_game.log can tell that too.