It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:54 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 35

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:53 am 

Hello all,

Came across some let's play vids and really interesting in buying. Started with the demo just now but I'm getting this odd mouse delay upon game load. Whether in game, or in the menus it's the same. The keyboard response and game play appears to be decent smooth but mouse has this delay in response. Am I missing something?

It's the same problem using trackpad and mouse

My specs:
Mac Book Air 13", mid 2012
1.8 Ghz, i5
intel HD4000 1G RAM
osx 10.10.3

I also turned off all the graphics options but no help..

Was really looking forward to getting the full game but it's pretty unplayable with the mouse lag :cry:

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Have you tried if this helps? http://smoothmouse.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:41 pm 

thx for the suggestion but I'm not having any issues with the mouse in OSX, just in game. So not sure how smoothmouse would help me out? plus very little documentation to even tell me what it's about really..

I've found some other suggestions posted.. disabled vsync, disabled steam overlay - which have improved it a little but there's still some lag going on. Appreciate any other suggestions!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

At least my Mac OSX was ignoring VSync setting, likely because of BeamSync which is the peculiar forced dynamic VSync thing Mac OSX does. On 10.9.5 Mavericks at least, playing in a window helped with that part, so practically that allows you to play variable FPS rather than forced 15/30/60 which fullscreen suffers from.

I'm not sure either what Smoothmouse does, I stumbled on it in a guide for CS:GO Mac OSX http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/ ... =347017860, and personally I had a feeling it helped with mouse input lag a bit, but then again, I never had such an input lag that I would've considered it unplayable to begin with.

I wish I knew what Smoothmouse does, I could try adding a similar thing in RWR itself.