It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:07 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 31

All times are UTC

Post subject: Startup Issues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 am 

I am trying to play the updated 0.11 version (0.115?) on a different computer than the usual. It is on Vista, with DirectX 10. Whenever I try to start the batch file, the cmd opens for a very small amount of time, then closes, and this repeats each time I try and start it. If I go directly into either rwr_config.exe or rwr_game.exe, I get an error stating "The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect.".

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Startup Issues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 am 
Site Admin

I was expecting this to happen sooner or later; surprised to see that it took even this long. This issue should get fixed with a proper installer which handles the Visual C++ runtime prerequisites correctly.

Something to try though before I'm getting the installer done, you could try installing this manually http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... en&id=5582, and possibly removing Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder under rwr-folder, if it's of any use.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 pm 

pasik wrote:
I was expecting this to happen sooner or later; surprised to see that it took even this long. This issue should get fixed with a proper installer which handles the Visual C++ runtime prerequisites correctly.

Something to try though before I'm getting the installer done, you could try installing this manually http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... en&id=5582, and possibly removing Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder under rwr-folder, if it's of any use.

Thanks again, you have fixed 2 issues of mines so far! Just installing that now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 pm 

I would normally edit my last post, but just so this is bumped up:

After I did that, now I am getting an error saying "The application has failed to start becase d3dx9_42.dll was not found."

After reading through that, is DirectX9 fully required? I have DirectX 10 and I thought it should work with that.

EDIT:

Got that DirectX Runtime you mentioned in the readme, and it worked! Thanks for the help before, and thanks for mentioning that in the readme!

EDIT:

Uhm... Now it crashes after startup and
"An exception has occurred!

invalid vector<t> subscript"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

If you run rwr_config.exe, are all the fields there filled with something? Also you could send rwr_game.log and rwr_config.log to me at pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com, maybe I can spot something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 pm 

pasik wrote:
If you run rwr_config.exe, are all the fields there filled with something? Also you could send rwr_game.log and rwr_config.log to me at pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com, maybe I can spot something.

Yes, all the fields are filled. I'll just send those files.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Causeless wrote:
pasik wrote:

Hmm, I might have missed your files, and/or I'm confusing this issue with another startup issue. Are you still experiencing problems with launching the game? I would very much like to resolve this problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:59 pm 

pasik wrote:
Causeless wrote:
pasik wrote:

Hmm, I might have missed your files, and/or I'm confusing this issue with another startup issue. Are you still experiencing problems with launching the game? I would very much like to resolve this problem.

Sorry, but I'm unable to access the game, since it was on a computer I cannot access now, and now I am on my normal computer. :cry: Sorry

EDIT:

Actually, I saw your email about it being audio, and that's probably it, since the computer didn't have any audio playing at all, no sound on youtube, ect.