It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:48 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 52 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 189

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blue Screen
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm 

Whenever I play the games demo for an extended period of time my computer crashes, goes to blue screen and i have to restart my computer! Help me please

Post subject: Re: Blue Screen
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:13 pm 

does this happen with other games ?
Do you have the latest drivers ?
Do you have temperature issues ?

I doubt you get a blue screen due to RWR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 am 

no other games have this problem, no temp. problems and i do have the latest drivers
And I was shocked too because i couldn't find any info anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Is it any better in 0.68?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm 

No the problem still persists even though it does not happen when I am in windowed mode with the shadows off

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, right actually, just remembered this was about the demo and not the full beta. The release of beta 0.68 couldn't have affected the demo in anyway, as the demo isn't kept up to date every release.

It does sound like a driver issue of some sorts or a heat problem, as there doesn't seem to be others experiencing this. I admit the game still requires some extra power as it's not quite optimized to full extent yet, for example my rig's graphics card fan also lifts up the RPMs a bit when playing RWR for a longer time, but never seen a blue screen of death while playing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 am 

I suspect it's a temperature issue. My fans RPM skyrockets as well when playing this game (well, my laptop does so for almost every game), but consideringt his seems to be an isolated case, I suspect it's the issue here.

See if you can clean up the fans a little with compressed air or something?

Also, do the logs give any error messages?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:34 am 

I'm not sure, but i think logs contains only game loading procedure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:58 am 

I have the same problem. When it doesn't blue screen it crashes. I can't change maps, I can't play for a long period of time. I have to keep restarting my computer.

Drivers are updated and I got a fan stand even. No temperature problems. Only happens with this game, and I am NOT playing the demo. This is the full version.

How do i find logs?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Micro102 wrote:
I have the same problem. When it doesn't blue screen it crashes. I can't change maps, I can't play for a long period of time. I have to keep restarting my computer.

Drivers are updated and I got a fan stand even. No temperature problems. Only happens with this game, and I am NOT playing the demo. This is the full version.

How do i find logs?

Logs are at C:\ProgramData\Running with rifles\ in Windows Vista and 7, namely rwr_game.log and rwr_config.log. I suppose an OpenAL HW driver could also be causing blue screen, would be interesting to see what gets selected as the audio device for you - rwr_game.log will tell that too.

When it crashes for you, how does it crash? Is there a dialog with "Unrecoverable error occurred, see <log file>" or something else?

Also note that when changing the map, the game seems to freeze for a while when it releases the resources related to the currently loaded map, I'd give it 5-10 seconds, then the black loading screen re-appears.

You could also try to play in a window instead of fullscreen. The odds are you don't need to restart the whole computer to recover from crashes / freezes, you'd just need to get to the desktop to close stuff properly. It can be done in fullscreen too, but can be a little tricky. Running the game in a window especially when trying out things could help a bit, I guess.