It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:14 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 19

All times are UTC

Post subject: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:10 am 

I've been getting these weird color glitches idk how to explain it.. I couldn't get a screenshot of it, because it comes and goes quickly. I have all my settings on. and nothing really changes.

What my in-game looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/CogBx.jpg

What my friends in-game looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/ecWup.jpg

My system info:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Yeah, i know it's a shitty computer. I've had it for about 7 years now.. and my good graphics card just fried recently ): .

Post subject: Re: Graphics Issues
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 am 

hi and welcome to the forum.
It looks like you have neither shadows enabled, nor postprocessing (check graphic options ingame) enabled. Also you don't have the isolines enabled (those heightlines that you can see on your friend's screenshot).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:32 am 

JackMayol wrote:
hi and welcome to the forum.
It looks like you have neither shadows enabled, nor postprocessing (check graphic options ingame) enabled. Also you don't have the isolines enabled (those heightlines that you can see on your friend's screenshot).

Thanks, But the thing is i do have everything on.
http://i.imgur.com/nbHAx.png

I don't know what the problem is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:35 am 

the G33/31 gfx card family isn't shining when playing video games as they are meant to be used for 2D tasks. I guess your problem can be solved with updating your GPU if you want to enjoy better visuals :-/
Pasik will for sure be able to investigate this a bit further. You'd have to be patient for that as he is not in town for a while ;)

Apart from the visuals, is the framerate acceptable ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:55 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
the G33/31 gfx card family isn't shining when playing video games as they are meant to be used for 2D tasks. I guess your problem can be solved with updating your GPU if you want to enjoy better visuals :-/
Pasik will for sure be able to investigate this a bit further. You'd have to be patient for that as he is not in town for a while ;)

Apart from the visuals, is the framerate acceptable ?

Ok then thanks. :/
Yes, i can still play unless it's like 300vs300 and they're all just firing at once and i'm in that field they're firing lol. I'm good with about 50-300 ai kind of.. lol I hope to get a new computer soon though ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Looks to me the game decides not to load the shaders for you, or fails loading them, as indicated by no outlines for soldiers, no isolines and post processing not working.

G33 seems to have support for Shader Model 2.0, I think most shaders in RWR are currently set up for 2.x, which would require a little bit extended support for SM2, which I suppose G33 doesn't have.

One thing you could check would be the log, in Windows Vista/7, it's at C:\ProgramData\Running with rifles\rwr_game.log. It should show which shaders / rendering techniques it ends up using and may reveal the reason why. Just attach the log on a forum post or put in pastebin.com or similar or send it to pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:37 pm 

pasik wrote:
Looks to me the game decides not to load the shaders for you, or fails loading them, as indicated by no outlines for soldiers, no isolines and post processing not working.

G33 seems to have support for Shader Model 2.0, I think most shaders in RWR are currently set up for 2.x, which would require a little bit extended support for SM2, which I suppose G33 doesn't have.

One thing you could check would be the log, in Windows Vista/7, it's at C:\ProgramData\Running with rifles\rwr_game.log. It should show which shaders / rendering techniques it ends up using and may reveal the reason why. Just attach the log on a forum post or put in pastebin.com or similar or send it to pasi.kainiemi@modulaatio.com.

I will do that thanks. Forgot to mention up there i am windows 7 32-bit, But weird thing is i can't seem to find programdata folder even though i am the administrator. I'm always having to search for the folder, any reasons why?

*EDIT: I also sent the log to your email.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 pm 

LionsCrest wrote:

Weird thing is i can't seem to find programdata folder even though i am the administrator. I'm always having to search for the folder, any reasons why?

ProgramData is a hidden directory, so you have to unhide it first in the folder options or just enter the exact path: "C:\ProgramData\Running with rifles"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
LionsCrest wrote:

Weird thing is i can't seem to find programdata folder even though i am the administrator. I'm always having to search for the folder, any reasons why?

ProgramData is a hidden directory, so you have to unhide it first in the folder options or just enter the exact path: "C:\ProgramData\Running with rifles"

Do you know how i can unhide it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:23 pm 

google isn't your best friend? ;)