It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:39 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 57 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 196

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:32 pm 

I think it would be great to get modding support early for the game.

We should have all hard-coded game values moved to a config file. Everything from bullet damage, to day/night time, to movement speed and player health.
This way mods can be started early. I does not need to be anything fancy at all, just a list of values with a name in a file would be fine.
Just a thought I had.

Also, do we have an approximate release date for the next version?

Keep up the good work pasik!

EDIT: Somehow, the link for the 0.3 post did not show up for me until now. Weird.
Thumbs up for 0.3!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Although I like the idea of modding and I support it, I'm still primarily making a game rather than a full-fledged game engine. Rather than opening up the current state of the game on one-shot, I prefer opening the parameters gradually over multiple releases, as I find stuff that will mostly stay unchanged and make a tempting target for modding.

I'm hoping that this way I'm going to avoid transforming into full-time engine support worker as much as possible.

The just released 0.3 version has the weapon parameters controllable outside, and also some new control over building color and textures. You can't add more weapon types or reduce them currently, as the sound references are currently pretty hardcoded, and there are also the weapon show-up probability factors that I didn't want to bring outside, I don't know yet if the randomness is the way I want to go ultimately.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 pm 

Ahh, I understand your concerns about opening the game up too much.
The added options such as weapon specs are appreciated though.
Thanks again for the reply.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm 

i have another quick suggestion pasik, when you win with your team, you will have a choice to stand for another wave of enemy soldiers or leave the battlefield, so you can keep gaining experience....its like an endless gameplay :)
enemy soldiers can come from the corner of the map or any random direction so you can be surprised.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:49 pm 

theonesun wrote:
i have another quick suggestion pasik, when you win with your team, you will have a choice to stand for another wave of enemy soldiers or leave the battlefield, so you can keep gaining experience....its like an endless gameplay :)
enemy soldiers can come from the corner of the map or any random direction so you can be surprised.

That's actually a really good idea in my opinion : o
I'd love to see that implemented : )

Look behind you. What I'm not there? I see... then look forward. Still not there? ...On the sides? Up and down? ...Where the heck am I? ... Oh wait! Yeah! I'm the one that's trying to find me ._. That's rather silly isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

SJCRPV wrote:
theonesun wrote:

That's actually a really good idea in my opinion : o
I'd love to see that implemented : )

I like it too. The enemy soldiers could perhaps be airborne, so that they can be dropped anywhere, you might even see them still coming down with their parachutes. There could be warnings about such events through radio messages.

Actually, the losing case could also work in similar manner, or you could choose to start the game with that setting, if you dare. So you would find yourself being dropped with a parachute behind the enemy lines, along other fellow soldiers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Adding to my previous post, I can't say if it's going to be in the next version yet, but it could be soon still. The parachute stuff might work well enough with one pose animation, plus something simple for the parachute and "gliding".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:27 pm 

thats gonna be awesome!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:17 pm 

that is an awesome idea! 'Rambo Mode!'