It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:27 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 68 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 150

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:18 pm 

Hey, a thing that's been bugging me: You should introduce an autoreload for the weapons, because it's a bit annoying you have to press the reload key each time when you're out of ammo. You should make this an option because it happens often that you're stuck in battle without ammo before realizing you need to press the key. Good job on the interface, by the way (I mean the weapon and ammo indicators).
Another thing: It's not really clear for what you get promoted. For kills or for taking territory? You should add some instructions in a readme file wich is contained in the installation. My brother complained he got hardly promoted although he killed dozens of enemies.

I'm also having problems reading the map. What do those numbers in the different fields mean? Do they indicate the number of your own soldiers or of the enemies in those fields?
The map could be made clearer by adding frontlines, that change when you make progress, or by adding clearer indications of where your men are.

Another suggestion: Add an in game kill count. Would be cool if you could see how much enemies you have killed and how much you've died. You could also add additional indicators that count the deaths in the whole team (they don't need to be on screen the whole time, you could make them available through a key, like through the tab key in other shooters). Statistics at the end of each round, ability to save replays would also rock!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 am 

Promotion depends on scores(if you move your cursor to your character, you can see scores) I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:29 am 
Site Admin

spillblood wrote:
Hey, a thing that's been bugging me: You should introduce an autoreload for the weapons, because it's a bit annoying you have to press the reload key each time when you're out of ammo. You should make this an option because it happens often that you're stuck in battle without ammo before realizing you need to press the key. Good job on the interface, by the way (I mean the weapon and ammo indicators).
Another thing: It's not really clear for what you get promoted. For kills or for taking territory? You should add some instructions in a readme file wich is contained in the installation. My brother complained he got hardly promoted although he killed dozens of enemies.

I'm also having problems reading the map. What do those numbers in the different fields mean? Do they indicate the number of your own soldiers or of the enemies in those fields?
The map could be made clearer by adding frontlines, that change when you make progress, or by adding clearer indications of where your men are.

Another suggestion: Add an in game kill count. Would be cool if you could see how much enemies you have killed and how much you've died. You could also add additional indicators that count the deaths in the whole team (they don't need to be on screen the whole time, you could make them available through a key, like through the tab key in other shooters). Statistics at the end of each round, ability to save replays would also rock!

Auto-reload is coming one day, it should be quite easy to add and it's one of those usability things that would make the experience better for some players. It's not particularly high up on my to-do list, I'm somehow used to reloading a lot and way before I run out of bullets, I do it in other games as well. Other usability features are also coming like an indicator for climbable walls and for picking up weapons.

Vanishing is right about the promotion, there's a score on your soldier. The points increase by killing enemies, there are some slight variety on points earned on how you do it, e.g. stabbing is the most valuable way, you get more points by killing higher ranking soldiers, etc. Points decrease by killing your fellow soldiers with grenades, and some penalty comes from getting killed.

There's a wiki created by the community that has some info on the way the game works, I think that could be utilized more for this kind of things. The final product will likely have more detailed readme/manual as well.

The map is something that needs more work overall, the distribution of territory is hardly understandable. The numbers indicate your faction's soldier count in each block.

You can press delete-key to see some statistics for each player on the game and the sum of stats for each faction's players. I think there was at least kills, deaths, score (=kills - deaths) and time played in minutes. AI stats do not currently exist, more stats will be added later like grenades and bullets used, shot accuracy, average kills per life, etc.