It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:45 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 100

All times are UTC

Post subject: ARMOR REWORK CONCEPT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:45 am 

ARMOR IDEA

this is more or less a slight change of the health system, here is an idea split hits into 4 types with 2 areas. The hits would be lethal, mortal, none lethal, and explosive. lethal are kill hits, mortal are wound hits, none lethal are well normal do nothing hits, and explosive will kill. The 2 areas would be head and body, the head can only have lethal and some weapons only aim for the head (snipers), while the body can have the other 2. With this chance comes new armor types with more vests and some helmets. In this system I player can have both a vest and a helmet as long as they do not conflict, example the juggernaut armor is incompatible with a helmet so a user with it is still able to die via a head shot.

system change
weapons kill chance would not change but every none lethal hit would have a 0.1 chance of being a wound hit,also every hit has a chance depending on the weapon of being a head shot which is an instant kill unless the user has a helmet.

hit types
kill: kills person hit
wound: puts person hit in medic mode
explosive: kills person hit, "gibs" on high gore. hits both head and body (so if not wearing both armor types kills)
normal: blood effect, nothing else.

system example

m16
kill chance: 0.5
wound chance: 0.1
head shot chance: 0.09

m24 a2
kill chance: 1
wound chance: 0
head shot chance: 0.85

BODY armors
info: main armor type, works like current vests, only with more options. The body armors have 2 types light which are low cost and can respawn with and heavy which are high cost and can't repsawn with.
heavy vests halve the wound hit chance down to 0.05, light vests do not.

standard vest
health max 3
save hit: 1
RP cost: current
respawn: NO
vest type: heavy

Dragon skin vest
health max: 4
safe impact: 3 (takes 3 with out you being knocked down)
RP cost: 150
vest type: heavy
unlock?: gained by bringing a briefcase to an armory

scout vest
health max: 1
safe impact: 0
rp cost: 10
respawn: yes
vest type: light

juggernaut armor (takes all 3 slots)
health max: 7
safe imact: 5
rp cost: NA
unlock?: gained by completing some objective/ boss infantry have this
vest type: juggernaut (own class as it is a vest and helmet

exo suit mk3
health: NA
encumbrance reduction: 66.6%
speed boost: +0.30
vest type: light (though doesn't provide protection)
info: experimental armor meant to make its user stronger and faster, doesn't protect against bullets
note: if user knifes a jeep they can push it.

helmets
info: helmets proved protection from head shots, this makes them a requirement of surviving a sniper fight, they do not provide protection against body shots though.

combat helmet
info: standard combat helmet
health max: 1
hit stun: yes
rp cost: 20
repsawn: NO

riot helmet
info: combat helmet with a riot glass plate
health max: 2
safe hit: 1
hit stun: yes
rp cost: 40

covert ops helmet
info: combat helmet with a gas mask
health max: 2
safe hit: 1
hit stun: no
rp cost: 50
other: makes user immune to stun, though damages helmet.
unlock: no clue, but not in the armory

Last edited by warbrand2 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ARMOR REWORK CONCEPT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:13 am 

I don't believe that headshots should be a part of RwR - you already die to literally one bullet no matter what, unless you're wearing body armor. Headshots would circumvent this, make body armor that much less useful. A small, random chance that can only be prevented by a helmet. :P

There is a good suggestion in there, however - having both a KILL chance and a WOUND chance. That's been something I've wanted to get in for a very, very long time. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:36 am 

the head shot chance would be very low for any weapon other then a sniper, while it may make snipers a bit over powered, it makes more sense then a put vest on body and be safe from anything. (including explosives, which I think standard vests should not protect from)

The head shot part of this is to prevent things like the juggernaut armor and possible future high tier armors from being over powered. also keep in mind a stray bullet can kill you as it is, don't think another one would make difference as most weapons would have like a 0.05 or 0.08 chance of dealing a head shot.

also added explosive damage type to the list, this would only effect grenades and rockets, and would not be protected by most vests.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:53 am 

Players invest a bunch of RP into a vest, to have a random bullet completely ignore that is kind of pointless to be carrying the vest.

But yeah, wound chance is something the modders, The Soldier and myself included, have been pestering the devs for for a long while. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:15 am 

I do see your point on the head shot thing... truth be told, I just wanted helmets, and that was the best way I could make sense for them other then one more hit protection.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm 

A wound chance is something, I really would like to see, too. Then, I would also carry a medikit (sometimes). Bonus points for different kinds of being wounded (not so slow, be able to shoot, etc.).

@warbrand2: About the helmet: maybe just remodel the vest (add a black helmet), but of course it would only be something visual and not give more protection...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:35 pm 

guess that would work.

EDIT: A armor vehicle hybrid idea... aka a vehicle that looks like an armored suit.

PCV (personal combat vehicle)
image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _armor.jpg

protection: 100% protection from bullet weapons though one grenade and you are a goner, has the unfortunate side effect of removing your ability to jump and climb (thing weighs a ton). this comes with a m60-e6 lmg bolted to the right arm.

stats
health: 2
speed boost: 0.20 (less then the exo suit)
"seat" driver/gunner
armament: m60-e6
kill chance: 0.63

gained by: boss equipment/ special order drop (aka expensive drop gained by a special means)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:15 am 

The Soldier wrote:
I don't believe that headshots should be a part of RwR - you already die to literally one bullet no matter what, unless you're wearing body armor. Headshots would circumvent this, make body armor that much less useful. A small, random chance that can only be prevented by a helmet. :P

There is a good suggestion in there, however - having both a KILL chance and a WOUND chance. That's been something I've wanted to get in for a very, very long time. :D

basically, you'd need to create the "Iron Man" suit but it would be without weapons and the ability to fly. Because we live in real world. And I have one more concern not only Armor suit will work what if your vehicle is not armored where you travel or go anywhere. So now its time to suggest ideas for armored vehicles.... what say?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:21 am 

I think there's nothing wrong trying the helmets here.